Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: Who are better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Plz read 1st post before voting)
BIMAL AUTO AGENCY (KANAKAPURA ROAD) 2 0.87%
BIMAL AUTO AGENCY (WHITE FIELD ROAD) 15 6.55%
KALYANI MOTORS (MYSORE ROAD) 6 2.62%
MANDOVI MOTORS (WILSON GARDENS) 18 7.86%
MANDOVI MOTORS (VIJAYANAGAR) 5 2.18%
MANDOVI MOTORS (YESWANTHPUR) 3 1.31%
MANDOVI MOTORS (BANNERGHATTA ROAD) 14 6.11%
PRATHAM MOTORS (SARJAPUR RING ROAD) 14 6.11%
RNS MOTORS (YESHWANTPUR) 21 9.17%
RNS MOTORS (HOSUR ROAD) 4 1.75%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (KANAKPURA RD) 0 0%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BANASWADI) 0 0%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BANNERGHATTA RD) 9 3.93%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BASVESVARA NAGAR) 1 0.44%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BASANAVAGUDI) 1 0.44%
SOLAR AUTOMOBILES (ST.JOHN'S ROAD) 6 2.62%
SURAKSHA 62 27.07%
Other Authorized Maruti Service Stations 39 17.03%
Local shops 13 5.68%
None 6 2.62%
I never owned any Maruti car 17 7.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2012, 11:14   #91
BHPian

Re: Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)

I think they are done with the renovation now.

I had been to their office on 23rd.

Of course the wash area is separate. The waiting are is quite nice, although a bit hard pressed for space. New and shiny service equipment (could be that the old ones were cleaned).

But all in all Surakshaa is back in full swing! And Lokesh is the coolest SA ever. Kudos
Old 25th May 2012, 16:15   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Thanks, started off by searching for a good service centre near to Old airport (I stay in Murgeshpalaya). Guess the only option there is Bimal near Manipal hospital. Based on reviews on comments thought against that. Next option was Pratham near Bellandur on ORR since I work there, again negative feedback so left that too. Had seen good reviews about Suraksha on Hosur road, however on a working day wont be able for a drop off in morning. Even if they come and pick the car will be next day for return. So now

In Old airport road one choice is UM cars. Had been regularly giving it to them earlier when my office was in 2 years ago MG road and were doing a decent job. The bosses were from ex Mandovi I guess. UM is situated in the lane going towards Royal Orchid beside Diamond District. Not sure how they are faring now but you can definitely give it a try owing to the proximity instead of travelling far.

BTW voted for Suraksha which is my current service station owing to the proximity to my house and Others (UM Cars) where I had a decent experience.

Lately in the last couple of services, Suraksha has been replacing some parts (plastic / mechanical) such as for example rubber covers for the brake/clutch levers and many other stuff, adding up to the bill that bit more. (this even after strict instructions not to change anyting without informing). The problem is that you would not start nitpicking on small things at the time of delivery while they get a handsome figure at the end of the day. Will closely monitor again in the next service.

Last edited by girishglg : 25th May 2012 at 16:23.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 19:54   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg
Lately in the last couple of services, Suraksha has been replacing some parts (plastic / mechanical) such as for example rubber covers for the brake/clutch levers and many other stuff, adding up to the bill that bit more. (this even after strict instructions not to change anyting without informing). The problem is that you would not start nitpicking on small things at the time of delivery while they get a handsome figure at the end of the day. Will closely monitor again in the next service.
Please monitor your bill on small small things, Suraksha is very good at doing this in order to arrive at handsome figure. I have the bills to show the same what you meant exactly. yes it was bit difficult to nitpick on small things and the final total will be really high which frustrates you. they also replace working parts if you are not aware of its working principle. I realized their bussiness strategy that they concentrate on high labour job convincing you that replacement of new spare part is not necessary and it would run few more kms. at this point you will be more satisfied that you got rid of spending your money on the new parts. but ofcourse they know that you will come back after days or months for the same job but this time they add new parts plus the labour. So finally they charge you with 2 times labour + spare parts. but they are clever and use this technique only for jobs where it is fail safe or where you can notice the failure very much in advance. I recently caught them red handed. My M800 radiator was busted and they had to replace only the radiator (1700 bucks) which they did. along with that they replaced thermostat switch attached to the radiator which they told me its faulty and they charged 1900 bucks(told SGP part) for the same. They did not knew that am an automobile engineer who could know how the thermostat works and how to test the same. i took the faulty thermostat and tested it myself and found that it was absolutely working fine. later asked them to install it in front of me and show me what is faulty in it. the SA was very silent and was hinting the technician to make it direct. but i stood very close to watch the re-wiring. the technician was fidling around with wires. suddenly another guy jumped in and guided him to re-wire correctly. after which the thermostat switch was absolutely working fine. the SA remained silent and told me he will reduce 1900 bucks and generate the bill.

Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)-img1190.jpg
star_aqua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 12:08   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aqua View Post
Please monitor your bill on small small things, Suraksha is very good at doing this in order to arrive at handsome figure. I have the bills to show the same what you meant exactly.
Good to know that you could get things rectified. Yesterday got my 800 serviced for 80k mark and got a bill of Rs.8k.

The one major issue was a slipping clutch to the effect that the car was accelarating only upto the 2nd gear and then power would not get to the wheels pretty much after that.

The SA also diagnosed a worn out clutch and mentioned that it would require a complete replacement of clutch parts. I had to agree since needed the vehicle to run normally.

The following are the parts and labor charged. The car is running fine now but I was not able to make out what is needed and what is not since I do not have much knowledge of the same.

Clutch parts charged in Rs.

Cover Clutch - 627
Disc Clutch - 359
Release Brg with retainer - 564
Cable Assy clutch - 114
Total - 1664 plus tax

Labor charges in Rs.

Clutch overall - 1050
Clutch cable assy - 165
Grand total - 2880 plus tax

The car is working fine now and I had to leave soon after picking up so did not get to check the inventory of the older parts. The older parts have been given back but I am not sure how to check if the above were really required to be changed.

Some how suspecious of some items that might have been unnecessarily changed / charged. Would be happy to catch up and get your comments after inspecting if you have time. BTW who was the SA and which Suraksha. For me was Harish Gowda at ECity Suraksha.

We can take this to PM if required.
Old 13th September 2012, 12:50   #95
BHPian

Any feedback on the Kalyani motors opened up near Brookfields. I used to give to Pratham , thinking of trying out Kalyani this time. Please share your experiences
Old 10th December 2012, 23:16   #96
BHPian

I live in Marthahalli and my Esteem is due for a service. Which is the recommended service center around my area, Marathahalli, Whitefields, Mahadevpur, Or?

MaSh
Old 21st March 2013, 16:41   #97
BHPian

Request feedback on Mandovi Motors in Rajajinagar

I might take the plunge and become a part of the Maruti family.

Wanted to solicit feedback on Mandovi Motors in Rajajinagar. It would be great if someone shares details of SA whom they prefer to work with.

Thanks folks
Old 21st March 2013, 18:10   #98
Senior - BHPian

Re: Request feedback on Mandovi Motors in Rajajinagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Wanted to solicit feedback on Mandovi Motors in Rajajinagar. It would be great if someone shares details of SA whom they prefer to work with.

Thanks folks
Mate, having used my swift for 125K kms, I would only trust Kalyani Motors located on outer ring road, Nayanadhalli. Even though I reside in JP Nagar with my work place in Old Madras Road, my full faith and trust with them.
You can speak to Raghuram there and let me know if you need his number will PM it across.
Old 23rd March 2013, 00:50   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Request feedback on Mandovi Motors in Rajajinagar

Any feedback on Kalyani Motors, Bannerghatta Road(Near Mandovi Circle)?. I went for a oil change today and must say that they are having a excellent facility. Not sure how good they are in servicing? Any feedback will help.
Old 26th March 2013, 23:07   #100
Senior - BHPian

Between Pratham, Bimal and Kalyani motors near ORR, Mahadevpura and brookefields, which is the better place to get Dzire serviced?
Old 2nd April 2013, 21:29   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Between Pratham, Bimal and Kalyani motors near ORR, Mahadevpura and brookefields, which is the better place to get Dzire serviced?
Bimal Motors, Mahadevpura.. But please be careful of certain "service advisors" who appear very friendly. Many of them work under the tutelage of a HUGE fraud called Zain Merchant(he is a senior manager of sorts). If you can stay away from that gang, your car will receive the finest possible service in B'lore. Most of the mechanics are very honest; the sort that repair instead of replace whenever possible.
Old 24th April 2013, 10:58   #102
BHPian

We purchased our SX4 from Bimal Motors Airport Road in 2011. I had visited their cramped service station for the free services. At that time I had no option but to head there. Sometime in 2012 i got introduced to Surakshaa by paragsachania and since then have been taking my car there for minor, major and any kind of service. The SA and staff are courteous and listen to the issues patiently. They take the car for a drive before and after the service (this may not be case with each car as it would depend on the type of work done). Although I stay in Kaggadasapura i still wouldn't mind going to Bommanahalli for the service. Owing to the excellent experience of Surakshaa we went ahead and bought our Wagon R from Surakshaa. Last but not least Mr. Lokesh is extremely knowledgeable and has Customer Service his top priority.
Old 24th April 2013, 16:44   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokgunhal View Post
We purchased our SX4 from Bimal Motors Airport Road in 2011. I had visited their cramped service station for the free services. At that time I had no option but to head there. Sometime in 2012 i got introduced to Surakshaa by paragsachania and since then have been taking my car there for minor, major and any kind of service. The SA and staff are courteous and listen to the issues patiently. They take the car for a drive before and after the service (this may not be case with each car as it would depend on the type of work done). Although I stay in Kaggadasapura i still wouldn't mind going to Bommanahalli for the service. Owing to the excellent experience of Surakshaa we went ahead and bought our Wagon R from Surakshaa. Last but not least Mr. Lokesh is extremely knowledgeable and has Customer Service his top priority.
Thanks Alok. This compels me to give a feedback about Surakshaa where I am visiting since the past 18 months now though I usually haven't shared it for any ASC that I have visited all these years.

I stay in Vidyaranyapura (North Bangalore) and had developed an excellent relationship with Mandovi Motors, Yeshwantpur over the past 5.5 years. I knew each and every SA and Mechanic and the Works Manager (Sunil Gajendra who is now heading their Haralur Road ASC) very well mostly because I stay back with my car every minute when it is in the ASC and not matter how long or big the job is.

I was very satisfied with Mandovi that I started visiting Surakshaa after getting to know that they were closely associated from the place I was born and we had common connections.

I met Lokesh, Works Manager and got my WagonR serviced at 160,000kms. Since then till my present ODO reading of 196k, I am stuck with Surakshaa.

The best thing I have noticed is that Lokesh himself is seen attending many cars personally and test driving them for fault diagnosis and Pre-Delivery. Again, He mostly suggests retaining a part which is in good shape and can last more than replace it outright.

I don't see this as a bad practice even if that means the customer may have to come back in future for replacement and bear the labor (and part) cost anyways. The parts I am referring to are Plugs, Brake Pads, Clutch etc. I was facing the symptoms of hard clutch and I myself requested him to replace the clutch but he insisted that he will lubricate the arm shaft and make it smoother and I can easily push the clutch for the next 5000 kms.

If it was replaced at an earlier stage, you would have to come back early the next time you want to replace the same part due to wear and tear.

Their washing and cleaning is better than Mandovi and attention is paid even for smallest mark of dirt at the lowest section of the car.

Another things I have noticed is that Surakshaa pays extra attention in torquing all the bolts and nuts with a Torque Wrench and have ensured that each of the service Bay uses this diligently.

At the end of the service, attention is paid to a lot of rubber and plastic parts like others have mentioned and I personally feel it is a good practice. They would definitely not intimate the customer for such a small expense and I am sure not everyone will accept this practice but in general these are the very parts that can become a cause for concern when it comes to rattling and noisy interiors on bad roads.

Their billing process has been more or less very transparent and they have always asked me on what type of oil (Mineral/Synthetic) to change and never tried to sell me certain products which may never be necessary for my car.

Since 194,000 kms, my car had developed a humming noise from the engine only when I am at speeds between 100-110kmph and vanishes below or beyond that. The problem was identified as input shaft bearing since the noise vanishes as soon as clutch is depressed. To bear with the issue they have added the Bardahl Additive along with the transmission oil and the sound has definitely reduced by more than 40% but I was advised to replace the bearing during my next service.

With all these instances, I am only trying to say that their approach of fixing it first before replacing has always worked for me.

Whether I am conned at this stage where I have been along with my car for each and every service since 7 years would be jest.

My next service/oil change is at 2,02,XXX kms and I am thrilled to see that number written on the Sticker inside my glovebox!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 24th April 2013 at 16:47.
Old 31st May 2013, 20:36   #104
Senior - BHPian

I got my first service for the Dzire done at Kalyani Motors in brookefields. All complaints were attended to, however the interiors were not cleaned upto the expectations and it was promptly taken care of once brough to their notice. I'll probably stick with then for the second service and then decide if I need to have a long term relation with them. Surprisingly, I never received a feedback form after the service.
Old 31st May 2013, 23:58   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

Thanks Alok. This compels me to give a feedback about Surakshaa where I am visiting since the past 18 months now though I usually haven't shared it for any ASC that I have visited all these years.

I met Lokesh, Works Manager and got my WagonR serviced at 160,000kms. Since then till my present ODO reading of 196k, I am stuck with Surakshaa.

Since 194,000 kms, my car had developed a humming noise from the engine only when I am at speeds between 100-110kmph and vanishes below or beyond that. !!
Well. I have a mixed bag of feedback here. Suraksha was the reason I stuck to my car for 2L + kms and now Suraksha is the only reason I have decided not to buy a maruti again.

Service quality has only deteriorated and the same mistakes happen inspite of repeated feedback!! The 190K service was one of the worst I have ever seen. And now supervisor who worked on the car , Venkatesh has been fired ... But still I don't see any change. I had been complaining about a wobbling front left wheel since 180K kms. I was told its the alloy rim. I then spent 14 K and changed to new set of alloy rims. Wobbling continues. At 205K I have a left front tire worn out from the inside!!

I was once told " it's better if cars with so many kms don't come here !" Another time , when I pointed out something that wasn't done right , I was told " you need everything perfect , not possible everytime in an old car !"

Their sales team at bommanhalli ... Just don't want to say anything. We had gone to buy the SX4 diesel , 10 mins at the showroom and we just walked off deciding never to buy from here.

I am not saying they are bad , but now I can no longer say that they are the best. They are just like any other maruti dealer.

Most Viewed