Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who are better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Plz read 1st post before voting)
BIMAL AUTO AGENCY (KANAKAPURA ROAD) 2 0.87%
BIMAL AUTO AGENCY (WHITE FIELD ROAD) 15 6.55%
KALYANI MOTORS (MYSORE ROAD) 6 2.62%
MANDOVI MOTORS (WILSON GARDENS) 18 7.86%
MANDOVI MOTORS (VIJAYANAGAR) 5 2.18%
MANDOVI MOTORS (YESWANTHPUR) 3 1.31%
MANDOVI MOTORS (BANNERGHATTA ROAD) 14 6.11%
PRATHAM MOTORS (SARJAPUR RING ROAD) 14 6.11%
RNS MOTORS (YESHWANTPUR) 21 9.17%
RNS MOTORS (HOSUR ROAD) 4 1.75%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (KANAKPURA RD) 0 0%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BANASWADI) 0 0%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BANNERGHATTA RD) 9 3.93%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BASVESVARA NAGAR) 1 0.44%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BASANAVAGUDI) 1 0.44%
SOLAR AUTOMOBILES (ST.JOHN'S ROAD) 6 2.62%
SURAKSHA 62 27.07%
Other Authorized Maruti Service Stations 39 17.03%
Local shops 13 5.68%
None 6 2.62%
I never owned any Maruti car 17 7.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2011, 02:01   #61
BHPian

Re: Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Not bad, Mandovi Motors Yeshwantpur is 3'rd! have been a customer of theirs since a long, long time. Barring a few sloppy jobs their service has been top notch mechanically and has left me no reason to complain. I have built up good rapport with the mechanics and the senior people there, so they go the extra mile just to keep a freak like me happy
^+1 I've shifted to Mandovi Motors Yeshwantpur too. Got my Ritz Vdi-Abs's Second - Third free service done there. Very good quality of work. I got reference of their manager through my friend who has been servicing carb Maruti 800 from them from years!
Recently got underbody antirust coating done and they did a fabulous job!
SA's keep varying, but all are good, they listen to your issues and note it down and when you take delivery, you can see works sheet where they would have written status of each issue raised.
Now they give free car wash coupon after service with feedback form. Also they regularly call and ask for feed back. They also call and remind for service, send reminder messages etc. Also progress message after you leave the car for service.

Earlier i was with Bimal. I bought my car from Bimal whitefield last year, had bought ICE/G-Sport seat covers/Nippon remote lock fitted from them, they did a fabulous job, partly thanks to their manager, who was my colleague's brother. They also gave me OEM ritz mats as free, while most give plain jane mats free.
Since i stay near malleshwaram, going to whitefield for service was not practical, so tried their then newly opened showroom in yelahanka for first free service. There was persistant rattle from B pillar, the Yelahanka chaps tested it whole day and told me that chassis spot welding has to be done! for a car that was barely 1 month old I wasn't convinced, took to bimal whitefield, they took 1 day but fixed the problem, it was traced to coupler in rear door touching the sheet metal!
Also Bimal yelahanka chaps didn't give me feed back form after service
Bimal whitefield is good, but they are always crowded due to showroom next door many vehicles coming in for service.
Mandovi motor yeshwantpur is only service center, showroom/sales is in another building, it's relatively less crowded as most of the crowd goes to RNS, which is near by. Giving the car on weekday is suggested. They also offer doorstep pickup/drop facility for service. I haven't used it though, as i prefer to give my Ritzie for service and pick it up by waiting there. In mandovi you can stay in the service area and be right next to your car as well. Bimal yelahanka and whitefield didn't allow this.
Old 16th June 2011, 17:36   #62

Re: Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)

I've given my car @ Suraksha MASS, opp. Infosys in Electronic City on Tuesday morning because my ac wasn't blowing cold air. They found that the ac gas has leaked out completely and assured to check the leak, fix it, fill gas and return my car in a day or two. It has been three days now and they say they aren't able to trace the leak and asked for one more day.

I asked about the approach they are taking to fix it for which they said, they have put the ac system under pressure and checking after every few hours for pressure drop. He says they have tried replacing condensor and still found pressure dropping, now he is trying by replacing compressor and other parts one after the other . How long will it take if he proceeds by replacing each and every part in the whole ac system?

I doubt if this process if correct because, I did some research and found that the two correct/efficient methods of testing ac leak is either by using a dye or by using electronic sensor that are very sensitve in detecticing even very minor leaks of order 1 oz per year.

Experts, please throw some light on this.

Moderators:- If this is not the right post, please advise.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:54   #63
BHPian

Was thinking of Pratham Motors Queens Road for my 2nd service of the Ritz VDI. Guys any feedback will be welcome. Was thinking of them because its very close to my place.
Old 19th November 2011, 10:51   #64
BHPian

I had a good experience with Aryan Motors, Banaswadi. I have recently moved to Bangalore, and this was the first time I had to get my car serviced (95k run Swift Vxi) here. Ran through the forum, and found no negative reports about Aryan, which is walking distance from my place.

The pickup and drop was punctual, as committed. The service was a regular one, so not much work there, but whatever it was, had been done nicely.

The SA, one Mr.Om, even called me to take the previous service history, and suggested that since oil change is not required, they would not be doing it - I guess this was a good gesture from their side, choosing not to cause unnecessary expenses to the cmr.

Many thanks to black12rr's post detailing the contact details. Reviews from BHP'ians bharani, amit.mishra and Vaseem were quite helpful in choosing this one, I hope the good experience will continue.

Cheers,
R_S

Last edited by roadie_swift : 19th November 2011 at 10:58.
Old 14th December 2011, 14:47   #65
BHPian

I was waiting to get my complete servicing done before voting on this thread. Based on the votes and the reviews, I decided to move from Pratham to Suraksha. I called up and fixed an appointment with Lokesh. You feel at home when he greets you as a team-bhp member and starts talking about the members, threads etc. You immediately get the feeling, your car will be taken care of. The clutch assembly was replaced along with the general servicing. I loved the final outcome. I went to the bomanhalli branch which is supervised with Lokesh.

Few finer points,

- Like the fact that he relates well to team-bhp members and their obsessiveness towards their vehicles.
- Test drive along with the service engineer as soon as I reached their pointing out points to be worked on.
- As soon as I packed my papers and belongings, they gave me a cloth bag to keep them in. Small thing, but thoughtful.
- Car delivered on time within the estimated amount.
- Test drive with Lokesh again to compare with the drive in the morning to see if things were attended to.
- Do not hesitate to highlight that you are from team-bhp and you were recommended by the site. He takes great pride to host members from this forum.

The major change was attending to the clutch assembly and I am super impressed with it. It is as good as new. Infact I was wondering how just a small change can make such a difference in driving.

Thanks to the forum, I finally have a place where people understand our obsessiveness towards our car
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 21:31   #66
BHPian

I have got all the 3 free services for my Alto LXI done at Gaurda Autocraft, Kanakapura - the car was purchased from Garuda. As the 3rd free service was done at 6500 kms, I did not get the oil change done with the intention of getting it done at 10,000 kms. Now, as the odo reads 10,000 kms, I am considering to get the oil change and interim service done at Surakshaa based on the positive feedbacks from many Bhpians. I am planning to get it done on 24th Dec or 26th Dec - perhaps it won't be crowded on 26th Dec, Monday. I would like to speak to Mr. Lokesh and taken an appointment. Can someone pls give me Mr. Lokesh's contact number - also, any referals from any of the Bhpians who know Mr. Lokesh are most welcome.

Regards,
Sada
Old 19th December 2011, 23:45   #67
BHPian

I used to get servicing of Maruti Omni at Solotech in Girinagar. venkatesh and Srinivas of Solotech used to do a good job and were always on call for any help.

I now give my Vitara to Pratham Motors on Outer ring road, Bellandhur and quite happy with their service.
Old 12th January 2012, 19:28   #68
BHPian

Back from my interim service at Surakshaa, Bommanahalli, and this is my experience.

Monday, 26/12/11, by 8:30 am I reach Surakshaa with a 3-liter Castrol Magnatec. I tell Mr. Lokesh to do the general servicing + oil and oil filter change + check cluth play + check front suspension (I was not totally satisfied with the front suspension since the begining but I was told by Garuda Autocraft during my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd free service that I cannot expect anything better than this in an Alto and I believed them).

Mr. Lokesh, Works Manager, sits in the driver's seat for the trial and before moving the car, he tells me that the suspension in Wagon R and Alto is a bit on the harder side. After about 200-300 mts on rough roads, he immediately accepts that there is some noise in the steering column which needs to looked into.

A few observations about the service - I was with the car during the whole service.

1. Engine oil drained and closed - drops of oil still trickling down slowly - I can understand they have lots of cars to attend to.
2. Steering column greased, dampers adjusted, and re-fitted.
3. Mechanic picks up the oil can and is about to pour it into the engine and I ask him "don't you measure it?" he promptly gets the measure and when he is about to pour the oil in the measure, another senior mechanic tells him "it is a 3-lt can and u can pour it directly into the engine" When I tell the senior mechanic that only 2.7 lts needs to be put - he asks me "who said?" and I reply "manual - u put 2.7 lts now and if it is less tomorrow morning, I will top it up myself" he agrees and does accordingly.
4. Brake cleaning and caliper greasing done and wheels fitted, and the electricals checked.
5. Car goes for washing now. I was very much impressed by the care taken for washing and cleaning. Mr. Srinivas who is in-charge of washing does an excellent job .
6. After washing is done, spark plugs etc., are dried thorougly and one of the mechanic puts some water in the coolant tank - I am not sure if distilled water was used for this purpose. The next day, I notice the coolant level is much above FULL mark . Should I take out the excess of leave it as it is? if yes, how do I do it?
7. Finally, I remind them to apply petroleum jelly to the battery connections.

MATERIAL COST:
1. Washer fluid - 13.16
2. Grease - Caliper - 26.32
3. Oil Filter - 72.81
4. Mud Flap Set - 315.05
5. Clip (???) - 26.30
6. Consumable - 70.00

LABOUR CHARGES:
Paid Service - 740.00
Steering work - 400.00
Mud flap fitting - 90.00
Blower cleaning -150.00 (I never asked for it! - Also, I told Mr. Venkatesh, Assistant Works Manager, that I did not see them cleaning the blower for which he said "the blower is not removed and cleaned - just cleaned with pressurized air under the dashboard")

Total Bill including the taxes: 2119.00
Castrol Magnatec: 1050.00 (MRP: 1112)
Wheel Bal and Alignment: 600.00 (5-wheel balancing - wheel rotation done - this was done
at Vijay Alignment Centre, St. John's Church Road, Coles Park)
Total: 3769.00

I am pretty satisfied because of the following reasons:
1. Mr. Lokesh diagnosed the steering problem within no time.
2. I was allowed to stay with the vehicle during the service.
3. Excellent work by Mr. Srinivas and team in washing, cleaning, polishing etc.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 13th January 2012 at 11:07. Reason: Extra smileys removed from post. Please read the TBHP rules regarding the same.
Old 19th February 2012, 20:19   #69
Senior - BHPian

Is Surakshaa, Bommanahalli loosing it?

My relative wanted to take his 2005 Swift ZXi to KL by road. And he was keen on a complete service (Clutch overhaul and other routine stuff) before the journey. He asked me for a recommendation and I told him about Surakshaa, Bommanahalli.

Surakshaa picked the car from home for service and it was delivered home the next day after the completion of work. The bill came to 17K. All was well for 2 days. Then on the following evening, while he was coming down to their basement parking, there was a complete clutch failure.

My relative rang me and I couldn't go to their place as I was not keeping well. I complained to Surakshaa over phone and they sent a mechanic in 1 hour. Nothing worked for all that he tried. They finally agreed to send a senior mechanic along with a tow vehicle (A poor M800 with the old CXX registration).

Again he couldn't fix it and they wanted the car to be taken to the service centre. The car was in the basement and the poor M800 couldn't pull the Swift up. Finally a few good men along with the guys from Surakshaa pushed the car up.

The SA (Mr. Dilip) said they identified the problem to be the poor quality pressure plate which was installed during the service. He claims that there was one more car which had to be brought back after a clutch replacement due to poor quality MGP pressure plate. Don't know whether to believe that.

Anyways, they fixed the car and delivered it home the next day. And the car is doing well since then.

It turned out to be a major embarrassment for me. Though I am really glad that they didn't get stuck out on the road.

Btw, I am hearing all good things about the new Mandovi opened at Sarjapur Road. Will go there the next time.

Last edited by deetjohn : 19th February 2012 at 20:22. Reason: Rephrasing.
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:33   #70
BHPian

I noticed that Kalyani Motors, opp. IIM on Bannerghatta road is not in the voting options. Was it excluded intentionally or just missed out?

I own a 3 month old WagonR which went for its 1st service after a month of usage in Kalyani Motors service centre opp IIM on Bannerghatta Road. Service was pretty good and cost was according to estimate. But since this was the 1st service, there was nothing much to notice.

I was however not very happy about the washing/cleaning that they had done. I would rate them 4 out of 5 on that. But overall, it was good.
Old 9th April 2012, 20:28   #71
BHPian

I have to get my Swift petrol serviced at 40K. This is a big one as they need to change the spark plugs, coolant and i also need to get the rear bumper mended, painted and fixed.

From last 3 times i have been getting my car serviced at Bimal Whitefiled, but recently i have noticed that they are overworked and their attention to detail have gone down considerably.

After reading reviews i feel this time i will try Surakshaa. But they have 2 outlets, Bomanahalli and Electronic City. Which one is better? Any suggestions or contacts would help me a lot.

Attached a few photos of the rear bumper damage.
Attached Thumbnails
Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)-bumper1.jpg  

Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)-bumper2.jpg  

Old 9th April 2012, 20:37   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
After reading reviews i feel this time i will try Surakshaa. But they have 2 outlets, Bomanahalli and Electronic City. Which one is better? Any suggestions or contacts would help me a lot.

Attached a few photos of the rear bumper damage.
Try the bomanahalli one.
You could get in touch with Girish for the body works.
He heads the body-shop at Suraksha. Quite thorough with his work.
Just FYI: At the moment, there is some renovation work going on at their workshop.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 16th April 2012, 10:45   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Try the bomanahalli one.
Just FYI: At the moment, there is some renovation work going on at their workshop.
Cheers,
Deepak
Just got a invitation call from Suraksha, their Electronic City dealership inauguration is on coming Sunday 29th April and 9 am They actually extended the invite to our whole office, since many are customers.

So one more proper dealer in BLR, i guess. Hopefully the long wait list would be little less with new dealer??

Checked about the Bommanahalli renovation work and they mentioned it would also be fully operational in next 10-15 days to kind of coincide with the dealership opening. Body shop is separate and was working full steam when i had visited about a month back.
Old 17th April 2012, 07:48   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Try the bomanahalli one.
Thanks Deepak. Will try Bomanahalli. I will go next weekend (28-29 Apr).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Just got a invitation call from Suraksha, their Electronic City dealership inauguration is on coming Sunday 29th April and 9 am They actually extended the invite to our whole office, since many are customers.

So one more proper dealer in BLR, i guess. Hopefully the long wait list would be little less with new dealer??

Checked about the Bommanahalli renovation work and they mentioned it would also be fully operational in next 10-15 days to kind of coincide with the dealership opening. Body shop is separate and was working full steam when i had visited about a month back.
Jaggu, does the electronic city service center have a body shop as well. In that case i have to get the body work done through Girish@bomanahalli and service from EC
Old 17th April 2012, 09:18   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Jaggu, does the electronic city service center have a body shop as well. In that case i have to get the body work done through Girish@bomanahalli and service from EC
Am not sure, if they have separate body shops. I think its a centralized one at bommnahalli.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks