Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who are better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Plz read 1st post before voting)
BIMAL AUTO AGENCY (KANAKAPURA ROAD) 2 0.87%
BIMAL AUTO AGENCY (WHITE FIELD ROAD) 15 6.55%
KALYANI MOTORS (MYSORE ROAD) 6 2.62%
MANDOVI MOTORS (WILSON GARDENS) 18 7.86%
MANDOVI MOTORS (VIJAYANAGAR) 5 2.18%
MANDOVI MOTORS (YESWANTHPUR) 3 1.31%
MANDOVI MOTORS (BANNERGHATTA ROAD) 14 6.11%
PRATHAM MOTORS (SARJAPUR RING ROAD) 14 6.11%
RNS MOTORS (YESHWANTPUR) 21 9.17%
RNS MOTORS (HOSUR ROAD) 4 1.75%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (KANAKPURA RD) 0 0%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BANASWADI) 0 0%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BANNERGHATTA RD) 9 3.93%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BASVESVARA NAGAR) 1 0.44%
SAGAR AUTOMOBILES (BASANAVAGUDI) 1 0.44%
SOLAR AUTOMOBILES (ST.JOHN'S ROAD) 6 2.62%
SURAKSHA 62 27.07%
Other Authorized Maruti Service Stations 39 17.03%
Local shops 13 5.68%
None 6 2.62%
I never owned any Maruti car 17 7.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2014, 18:05   #121
BHPian

Re: Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)

Just got my 2nd paid annual servicing done at Surakshaa Bommanhalli (odo at 26.5k), supplied my own Shell HX5 5W30. The overall bill came to some 1600 odd. Lokesh and his staff was very courteous and even let me observe the proceedings (something I insist on)

A big thumbs up to Surakshaa in particular and Suzuki after sales experience in general!
Old 10th November 2014, 16:12   #122
BHPian

Re: Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)

I know this is a very old thread. However, Just wanted to share my initial experience with Madovi Motors.

I had given my wife's car (Wagon R) for general servicing with LEO Motors Horamavu Branch and asked them to give me a call before they start the work. So they call me and give me a quote of 7K for general paid service with regular oil change and filter change with break fluids etc etc.

Out of all these 3-4 K they quoted was only for labor charges and I found this very high. So today after thinking a lot I wanted to check with Mandovi Motors and there was a telephone number listed on the site and called it.

I was greeted by a very humble and pleasant voice. I explained my situation and wanted another opinion. I did mention this. Inspite this the person spoke to me nice and explained few things on what are the parameters for the charges and what should be done for the car at 25k KMS. Then at the end of the call I asked for the name and offered to have a look at the car. After speaking to the person I wanted to know who this person was so I asked may I know your name please. I was told that the person is Mr. Balakrishna and the vice president of Mandovi Motors.

Now I am sending my car there.
Old 10th November 2014, 16:26   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmarine View Post
I was greeted by a very humble and pleasant voice. I explained my situation and wanted another opinion. I did mention this. Inspite this the person spoke to me nice and explained few things on what are the parameters for the charges and what should be done for the car at 25k KMS. Then at the end of the call I asked for the name and offered to have a look at the car. After speaking to the person I wanted to know who this person was so I asked may I know your name please. I was told that the person is Mr. Balakrishna and the vice president of Mandovi Motors.

Which branch of Mandovi Motors have you decided to send your car?

To Mods : Mandovi motors has now a reasonably good workshop on off-Sarjapur Road (Harlur Road). I have attended them a couple of times for routine checkup; the experience has been standard Maruti experience. This branch can be added to the voting options.

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 10th November 2014 at 16:29.
Old 10th November 2014, 16:33   #124
BHPian

I voted for Bimal agency, Whitefield Road.

I have been there for all the service requirements during my swift ownership between 2008-2011. I am a happy customer.
Old 10th November 2014, 17:03   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Which branch of Mandovi Motors have you decided to send your car?.
Its Mandovi Motors Hennur Branch, Bangalore. This was recommended to me as this is very close to where I stay.
Old 10th November 2014, 17:16   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmarine View Post
I know this is a very old thread. However, Just wanted to share my initial experience with Madovi Motors.

I had given my wife's car (Wagon R) for general servicing with LEO Motors Horamavu Branch and asked them to give me a call before they start the work. So they call me and give me a quote of 7K for general paid service with regular oil change and filter change with break fluids etc etc.

Out of all these 3-4 K they quoted was only for labor charges and I found this very high. So today after thinking a lot I wanted to check with Mandovi Motors and there was a telephone number listed on the site and called it.

I assume you have skipped the 20K service and hence servicing at 25K?

If so, here are the replacements:
  • Engine Oil
  • Transmission Oil (Interval is 40K now, so please check with your SA)
  • Coolant
  • Brake Fluid
You will charged around 1200 INR for Paid Service, about 1000 for the Engine Oil and around 500 for the Gearbox oil. Coolant and Brake fluid might not cross 500 again.

In all, factoring labor for Brake fluid draining, Bleeding and refilling, you will get poorer by another 350 bucks for this labor.

Now what the ASC smartly does is make you pay in the name of
  • Front Brake Disc Cleaning - 250
  • Rear Brake Drum Cleaning- 250
  • Caliper Pin Greasing- 300
  • Wheel alignment & Balancing - 800

Ah, and I forgot, they may then make you pay labor for - Engine Oil Flushing, Throttle Body cleaning.

Just ensure you get only the service done along with replacement of 3 fluids mentioned above at this stage of the ODO. That's it!
Old 31st December 2014, 07:43   #127
BHPian

I've been going to Bimal Kodihalli (HAL near Leela Palace, Airport Road). Once the free services were over, they are just jacking up service items. Some useless items I've seen in the last two visits for regular 10K service:
  • Glass Etching - 100
  • Throttle Cleaning
  • Break cleaning
  • Some A/C cleaning stuff

Plus, they simply add spareparts without informing you. Explanation - these are "very good looking saar"
  • Throw away mudflaps and put in "new-look" flaps
  • Throw away parking lamps and put in LED bulbs
  • Unless you specify upfront, automatic choice for engine oil is a synthetic one and they charge double the rate for this. If I want a synthetic oil, I'd rather buy Shell Helix.

Plus, despite telling them not to, they keep putting in windshield washer fluid sachets. I've a collection of 12 from 3 visits.

Other than simply adding on items to the bill, the car feels good.

Have bought two cars from them in 4 years; even sales experience was not great the last time.

Going somewhere else next time!
Old 17th January 2015, 21:16   #128
BHPian

Surakshaa Car Care Review

I got my A-Star Zxi serviced today at Surakshaa Bommanahali. I stayed with the car the whole time and was satisfied with the workmanship.

Here are my thoughts :
1. Courteous workforce. I was offered tea twice and was also invited for lunch, once by the SA and once again by the manager Lokesh. While waiting for my cars turn Lokesh walked out onto the floor and introduced himself to me. He asked me if I was a member of T-Bhp .
I had the opportunity to interact with the mechanics, polishing guys, another SA and the security at the gate, all of whom were courteous and willing to interact with a customer. My questions ranged from "Is the spark plug in good health?" to "Where is all that food going? - (on observing huge lunch boxes being rolled out on a trolley)".

2. At no point did I feel that any member of the team was in a hurry albeit they worked quickly. I say "team" because thats the impression they managed to put across today. No one was seen idling around, yelling or cracking jokes. No tools or parts were being thrown or left lying around.

3. When the car was on the ramp I saw the mechanics go about all the parts underneath. They identified few loose bits that were tightened.

4. Shampoo is applied on dirty bits of the car - tyres, wheel wells and running board using a separate cloth and separate bucket of shampoo solution.
The mats and spare wheel were washed with the same effort and attention as the car itself.
While polishing different one set of polishing cloth (it was a napkin and not MF) is dedicated to the tyres, rims, running board, wheel wells.

5. The customer lounge is a pleasant place to be in. It is equipped with a TV, car magazines, drinking water, coffee machine, a loo outside and a large fish tank.

Special Mention :
I had one complaint with my car - a gurgling rumbling noise emanating from the rear while accelerating. It is hard to reproduce, inconsistent and even harder to analyze since it lasts for just a sec or so. Below is a description of the effort taken to resolve the issue :

1. TD1 by SA , Mr.Laxman Nagraj, prior to starting the work. We went for a 2KM drive during which we were able to reproduce the noise and the SA acknowledged the same.
Since he could not reproduce the noise sufficient number of times in the crowded streets we drove through in TD1, we drove another 2KM in TD1.5 on a different route - one that allows high speed runs. After returning from TD1.5 the SA admits that he is not able to deduce the root cause.

2. SA brings his supervisor and explains the problem. Supervisor brings along a mechanic and the three of us; Supervisor, mechanic and I; go out for TD2. Supervisor acknowledges the problem. We stop by the road side, the mechanic gets busy under the bonnet while the Supervisor varies the engine RPM, switched off - on the engine, runs the AC etc. Mechanic listens and goes on tapping parts to identify any rattle. Rattle identified in front bumper - there indeed was a rattle there that I did not notice.
I explain to the supervisor that I feel the noise appears to be coming from the rear. So we go for TD2.5 with Supervisor at the wheel, me shotgun and mechanic in the back. Mechanic agrees that sound is louder in the rear. Both Supervisor and mechanic say they will fix the front bumper and check for issues when car is on the ramp.

3. When car is on the ramp the mechanic identifies a loose and dangling fuel filter and tightens it. Front bumper is removed (bumper is placed on a pair of mats and not directly on the floor) and rattle is fixed. Rear bumper is buttoned at places were the button had fallen off (plastic push clips are called buttons)

4. After service, SA invites me for TD3. The elusive rattle persists. We stop, tighten the jack and drive. Rattle persists. SA asks me to drive, he climbs into the rear and sits on the spare wheel, with rear seat down and parcel tray removed, to listen. Rattle persists. We stop by the road side SA removes the entire rear bumper, loads it into the car and sits next to it. Rattle persists.

6. I was impressed at this point. The SA did go out of his way to identify the source but he pulled one more trick. SA asks me to drive with bumper in the car and runs along outside!! He runs in a crouched position trying to listen to the sound.

7. Car put on ramp again. SA gets underneath with a mechanic at the wheel who revs the engine, on-off engine etc. SA suggests that the noise is from the exhaust system and one section of the exhaust needs to be replaced to fix the noise. I tell him that we will do it next time.

I had a great day at the service center. I was impressed with the group as a whole and would love to visit again for the next service. Cars, tools, driving with a bumper in the car and an SA running behind is a hell lot of fun!

Pic shows bumper inside the car.
Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)-img_20150117_124640519-800x600.jpg

Last edited by rajathv8 : 17th January 2015 at 21:19.
Old 17th January 2015, 21:43   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Surakshaa Car Care Review
Special Mention :
I had one complaint with my car - a gurgling rumbling noise emanating from the rear while accelerating. It is hard to reproduce, inconsistent and even harder to analyze since it lasts for just a sec or so. Below is a description of the effort taken to resolve the issue :
WOAH!! 5 stars to Surakhsaa staff, so rare to see such a committed and deep involvement. Any case regarding the sound, your SA is right, it is probably from the exhaust. It seems that the top of some part of the exhaust is touching the under body. Alternatively, try the "dholki", I have absolutely no idea what it is called in English (someone please help) and that the parts inside are setting up some kind of synchronized rattle.

Hope this helps! if nothing does, look to make it worse, at least you'll have a sports car-ish exhaust
Old 18th January 2015, 00:27   #130
BHPian

I get my 7.5 years old Alto serviced at Surakshaa Bommanahalli. Manju takes care of Service and Dhanajaya takes care of Bodywork issues. I'm extremely happy with the service provided.
Old 9th February 2015, 12:34   #131
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

If someone has experience please do share any feedback on Surakshaa Koramangala. (Would help if you know the service manager/service advisor). Planning to give it a shot for next service of Dzire at 60k.
Old 9th February 2015, 13:32   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If someone has experience please do share any feedback on Surakshaa Koramangala. (Would help if you know the service manager/service advisor). Planning to give it a shot for next service of Dzire at 60k.

I was in Bangalore for a month and had taken my 7 year old esteem there. I was very satisfied with the service at Suraksha.
BlackPearl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 08:01   #133
BHPian

Hi All,

Recently, i service my Wagon R (F10D) for 30K service at Surakshaa (E.City).
When Job Card was prepared, i told them not to include any additional Works other than Service. They Politely Obliged. After Service, My Bill came around 2.7k with only oil Change. I really like it. No Extra unneeded works to my bill (attached in screenshot below). My Car is running more smoother than before my service.
SA was Venu. He is really nice Chap.
And One more thing, If your maruti is service at any MASS, your complete service history will be available in there Dealer management system (SA with Micromax Tablet) information available at finger-tips.
Attached Thumbnails
Better Maruti service shops in Bangalore? (Please read 1st post before voting)-wagonr_30kservice_surakshaa.jpg  

Old 19th July 2015, 00:12   #134
BHPian

Had been to Surakshaa today. Got to know that Mr.Lokesh has been transferred to Surakshaa E-City. The manager at Bhomanahalli is Mr.Girish.
Can someone who has given their car for service at the E-city branch recently please report about the quality of service?
Old 19th July 2015, 09:10   #135

Hello Rajathv8,
I have been to Suraksha E-city last month to get my 2009 Estilo serviced at 50k km. My SA was Mr.Vishwanath and I can undoubtfully say that my car felt the best after this service. Though I was regular at Suraksha E-city from 4+ years, I wasn't completely satisfied with their service till the recent one. This costed me 10k+ but I did not have qualms. I am not sure if the change in manager had any bearing on the quality of service, I credited it totally to the SA.
Cheers,
Satheesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks