Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2007, 18:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bad experince at Castrol Bike Zone Bangalore.

Bike details : Hero Honda CBZ
Castrol BIKE ZONE , Spectra's Spectrum , Ashraff comercical complex # 13 ,JC road , Bangalore 560002.

This was the 4th time i had given my bike for service at this particular BIKEZONE. On all the occacions before i was more or less happy with the service provided.

This time when i gave the bike for service on 17/8/2007, i opted for the gold service and also to check the disk brake on the front wheel and also the wheel since the brake pad was slightly touching the disk even when the brakes were not pressed. I also told the mechanic there that this might might be because i had ridden into a pot hole pretty hard and i suspected the front wheel to be out. I was told to collect the bike next day at about 4pm.
Next day i received a call from the manager there telling me that the disk pad had worn out and it would have to be replaced. I informed him that it was a new pad and i had replaced it about 3 weeks back, and i didnt use the bike much after that because of the rains. After which the guy on the phone told me that the same pad can be used after some cleaning. He also told me that the bike would be ready by 1pm and i can collect it then.

I went to collect my bike at 1pm and as always, i took a small test ride inside the building parking lot. The front disk brake was almost non existant and there was no feedback from the brakes. Then i put the bike on stand and rotated the front wheel to check if the noice from the brake pad touching the disk had gone. To my surpice it was still there. At this point i called the manager and the mechanic and told them the wheel might be out and that might be the reason why the pad was touching the disk. At this point of tie The mechanic started explaining that the pad had worn out and thats the reason it was touching the disk. I told them that the all tough the pad was touching the disk when i got the bike for service , the brakes were working perfectly fine and the bike used to stop perfectly with a jerk when the disk brake was applied.
The mechanic explained that it would still work properly if i ride the bike for some kms. I belived him when he said that.
Finally i made the payment for the service
which came upto Rs 830. I went to an empty strech to find out how the bike was performing, to my horror the front wheel was really wobbling. I went back to the Bike zone, told them that the wheel was out and asked them whey did they did not check the front wheel even when i specifically requested them to check the wheel. The mechanic agreed that the wheel was out but he said it is normal and its not going to affect in anyway. He insited that i can use the bike in the state it is now . He also said that the brake pad touching the disk had nothing to do with the front wheel wobbling. I insisted that i wanted to get the front wheel tuned,and told him to remove the front wheel. while he was at at it i also asked him to remove the brake pads so that i can check how bad the pads were.
When he removed the brake pads I was utterly shocked!!!, as the pads were duplicate/local with the brand name " ASX " and that too a badly damaged one. I was 100% sure my bike had original NISSIN (made in Japan) brake pads when i gave the bike for service. I immediately summoned the manager and told him about this. The manager refused to belive me and said that these were the brake pads on the bike when it came in for service. I told him that i was sure it was not this brand and it was the original one as I had recently changed the disk pads in the front and had put the orginal NISSIN brand ( made in Japan ) which costed me 900rs. This was done about 3 weeks back. I know this as a fact because i bought the brake pad from an authorized HeroHonda spare parts dealer personally and my local mechanic had fixed the pads on the bike right in front of my eyes. I am well aware of the various brands available of the self and i am very particular about what parts goes in to my bike.
After which he cooly told me to discuss with the mechanic and find a solution since it was the mechanic who had opened the brake pads in the morning.
It really left a bad taste and i was really disapointed. I asked him for a complaint book and they told me that they didnt have one with them. I was too disturbed to create a scene there, and i told the manager there that i am going to escalate this to the concerned people , and make sure everyone knows what is happening at CASTROL BikeZone which claims to be " Not your usual service centre " This was really a bad experience. I would definetely not recommend any one to service their bike at CASTROL BIKE ZONE.

I am still trying to find the correct contact details to escalate this. Please post any email addresses or any phone number of the regional manager Castrol etc if you guys know any.
Old 18th August 2007, 18:55   #2
BANNED

Buddy who told you to get it done by these guys?And for your info they dont have any geniune spare parts for bikes like CBZ.And these pads costs 750 something now not 900.My 8 years old CBZ never seen face of any service guys apart from Authorized service station.I replace brack pads every after 10-12K KMS, last month after 60k KMS replaced the disk itself even tough it was doing its job very well.
Take your bike to any near by service station and get it done.
Old 18th August 2007, 19:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Oops! Castrol Bike Zone is all out to dupe customers!
I was planning to try out Castrol BZ to Service my bike(Samurai) next time, but dropped the plans now after reading the above review.

Better to stick with the Authorized SC, atleast they are under the control of Manufacturer and we can always escalate to them.
Old 18th August 2007, 20:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Buddy who told you to get it done by these guys?And for your info they dont have any geniune spare parts for bikes like CBZ.And these pads costs 750 something now not 900.My 8 years old CBZ never seen face of any service guys apart from Authorized service station.I replace brack pads every after 10-12K KMS, last month after 60k KMS replaced the disk itself even tough it was doing its job very well.
Take your bike to any near by service station and get it done.
i tried to get new original pads today..could not find it in stock in any of the 3 service centres i went. It would take about a week for the stocks to arrive. The authorized service stations i hear are not any good. They are always crowded to the max. Anyways have no other option left other than trying them out. Do you recommend any particular HH service centre?
Old 20th August 2007, 11:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

i found a couple of email addresses in Castrol India
( p_baskaran@castrol.co.in , neelsingh_b@castrol.co.in ), and i have sent an email to them about the stealing that is taking place in the Bikezones. Hope they take some kind of action.
Old 20th August 2007, 11:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

I would've suggested that you create a ruckus right there. The prospect of loss of business gets them into line.

Leaving the bike with any service center overnight is asking for trouble.

I hope your problem gets sorted out soon. Did you click pics? I hope you've replaced that fraud brake pad asap - it can be life threatening!
Old 20th August 2007, 11:43   #7
Team-BHP Support

I somehow never had the heart to try out these guys, and post reading this, resolve never to give my bike there for servicing.
Old 20th August 2007, 13:35   #8
BANNED

If u r in Bangalore then dont expect things like Mumbai as was very happy there with my dealer Creative Motors.
Here few guys are good but not the best try Millinium Motors and one more guy in Banergatta road forget his name may be Sai Motors they are just in front of Shoppers Stop.
Old 23rd August 2007, 18:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Got a reply from the castrol guys after sending them a couple of reminder mails. Just now received a call from the Karnataka head of Castrol. He wanted me to give the bike back to Bike Zone so that he can fix all the issues with my Bike for free. I told him that i want the pads which were removed from the bike back and nothing less, which he refused. He tried to tell me that Hero Honda also supplies ASK brake pads..and i would have got them in the first place. I was sure that i had Nissin pads..but this guy wanted to show him the bill for the original pads which i had brought from Hero Honda some weeks back. This is like Ridiculus I told him. I dont think i have the bill with me. That guy kept asking me the same thing that should he belive his francisee or me. I had nothing to say to that. I told him that i would be pushing this further and maybe take them to court. This guys name is Vijay and he says hes the Karnataka Head for Castrol BikeZone. Do any of you guys have any contact details of some one in a higher position than him in Castrol? I am just fed up with this and dont know if i should pursue this more.

Last edited by heavy_foot : 23rd August 2007 at 18:08.
Old 24th August 2007, 16:08   #10
Senior - BHPian

Finally they agreed to put back the original pads without any charges. Got it changed today. yesterday i had told the Karnataka head of Castrol ( Mr Vijay ) about this thread on team-bhp, and after a few hours i get a call from the service centre saying that they would replace the pads for me since i was an old customer. The brakes are working perfectly fine now.
Old 24th August 2007, 16:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

so that means they agree to swapping the pad without u knowing eh???
Old 24th August 2007, 16:44   #12
BHPian

Good for you Heavy_foot , now you know who NOT to give your bike to. Thanks for posting this here, this would save other bhpians from getting Duped in a similar way.
Old 24th August 2007, 16:58   #13

Hey You can service u r bike at Vinod motors ,Link Road ,Sheshadripuram.This is not an authorized service center but i know him from past 8 years .Even i will not leave my bike for first service at authorized service. they will do good service .You give one time then u will know the difference .You can contact Kanna Ph No23448493
Old 24th August 2007, 18:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
so that means they agree to swapping the pad without u knowing eh???
What he told me that he was doing this since i was an old customer. I was least bothered since they agreed to put back the original ones...which were on the bike in the first place. Big question, if i would give back my bike to Castrol Bike Zone again? I would never.
Old 24th August 2007, 20:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

Buddy, good you escalated this issue to the higher-ups at Castrol and told them about T-bhp etc.

Hope the SC mends its ways before it is shut down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks