Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2007, 14:20   #31
BHPian

Sad to hear what happened...I can imagine what it must be like.
The sales reps & test drivers must be really incompetent.

After the horror stories of the Fiesta at Metro Ford, I advice everyone at home to avoid pickup & delivery of vehicles during service. Prefer to drive down myself.
Old 19th August 2007, 19:01   #32
BHPian

Really sad for you man. I would have really flipped also. Good thing you asserted yourself, I'm so trusting I would have ended up taking the car home and then having to paint it myself.
Repainting today is pretty good, they should be able to match the colour exactly, my family owns an auto paints business, so I know. Just examine it carefully after it is done, take in sunlight and view from three different angles - if it's not matching insist they match it, or replace the car with a new one!
About the air-bag thing, do not accept the car unless the problem is solved. They may have bumped the car or something.

And please write to several people at GM. Mention this forum.
Let us know how it turns out
Old 20th August 2007, 09:32   #33
BHPian

Oh man , that was just horrible , a brand new car !!! I was waiting for your car man!!! Ughhh I know how it feels!! But If zappo is correct then why dont u get the dent repaired from the glix fellow and make the Buggers pay for it ?? I know its no consolation but still what say pal ?

Also shoot a mail to the top guys in GM and let them know what happened !!
Old 20th August 2007, 09:56   #34
BHPian

Guys, you should see how the drivers who bring the car from the stock yard to the showroom rip the brand new cars. Most of us buy cars with lot of excitement with our hard earned money, we tend to drive slow and adhere to the RUN - IN periods, but the car is already red -lined by these drivers before we lay our hands on the vehicle.
Old 20th August 2007, 10:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

I have seen how harsh the service guys drive the car. For them it is just another car that has come for service. Hyundai has displayed "We are not responsible for any damage that happens while servicing the car".
Old 20th August 2007, 11:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

even i was shocked to hear about it when shuvd sent me a text. all the best shuvd - lets hope they wont mess up again.

dont take these guys lightly. send GM a mail about this.

Last edited by planet_rocker : 20th August 2007 at 11:32.
Old 20th August 2007, 11:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Man, I'm SHOCKED to read this; anyway, make sure they replace the door, no question of repairing it. Tell them you'll sue them otherwise. Give us an update soonest
Old 20th August 2007, 11:39   #38
Team-BHP Support

shuv, ask for getting the door replaced. It being a new car, the color fading wont be much, and so a new door will not really look all that different with respect to the color.

I had my car's door and fender replaced, and one cant say the difference.
Old 20th August 2007, 11:43   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post

About the car, well, there is really not much that can be done now that the car has been registered and delivered to you. For a dent on the door they won't replace the car for sure. So that leaves only the repairing option. You can definitely ask them to replace the whole door. But then that will also mean a locally painted door as they do not come pre-painted. Moreover fitting a new door by hand may many a times mean that there are alignment problems. One the other hand if they have a good workshop they can do a fabulous job where you or anyone else will not even be able to make out the damage ever. I have seen the kind of denting painting work they can do with modern machinery and the color matching they do.

Just tell them that you will not take delivery if it can be made out that the door was repainted. They will get the message and ensure that the work is done to perfection. Anyhow with mettalic colors they do not do a localized paint job. They will paint the whole door. At least that is what they do when they are not paying. Let them do the same now.
I agree completely with Zappo. It would be better to simply fix the existing door. From the sound of it, the damage is not that bad. Get the dealer to throw in some nice freebies, forget this whole episode and enjoy your new car.
Old 20th August 2007, 11:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

I have seen this myself with Alto's on the highway near mahipalpur.

Three brand new Maruti Alto's in a line are being driven by the drivers in peak traffic late in the evening(taking them to showroom from stockyard), the front one is leading them, trying to zig-zag amongst the traffic, suddenly he decides to brake, the second one hits the rear lights of the first car and breaks it, dents its front, the third one dents the second one from behind and gets dented itself along with a headlight gone.

But they must have repaired them and sold it to some unsuspecting customers later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
Guys, you should see how the drivers who bring the car from the stock yard to the showroom rip the brand new cars. Most of us buy cars with lot of excitement with our hard earned money, we tend to drive slow and adhere to the RUN - IN periods, but the car is already red -lined by these drivers before we lay our hands on the vehicle.
Old 20th August 2007, 12:03   #41
BHPian

I feel Your pain buddy.
"The Day" when a car gets scathe'd had come to You much much much earlier.
Though very difficult, take it at its pace buddy.

Am sure You will be delighted after taking a delivery today, please keep us informed.
Old 20th August 2007, 12:04   #42
Senior - BHPian

too bad - one has to keep the car at the authorized dealer workshop at the mercy of the mechanics - if this is the way the guys at the workshop treat their customers' cars - then proper measure should be taken.

if shuvd would have spotted the dent at home - the guys wouldnt have acknowledged that it was their fault. the kind of lame excuse the mech gave to shuvd is really shocking!

@ shuvd - i think this is not the first time - the honda guys were no good either.

Customer Satisfaction: uhm! please come again!
Old 20th August 2007, 12:23   #43
Senior - BHPian

Guys, just got a call from the A.S.S. Magnum Force is ready.
Old 20th August 2007, 12:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

good luck
Old 20th August 2007, 12:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

all the best buddy!

make sure that you inspect the car thoroughly - why take chances anyway? post some pics if possible.

its raining hard - drive safe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks