Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2007, 12:02   #1
BHPian

DSC Hyundai in Chennai - Beware!

Hi guys,

My first post here

Well, 'bought a Hyundai Accent GLE from DSC Hyundai (Saidapet) a couple of months ago, and it was a horrifying experience altogether. Some of my colleagues recommended DSC as they give the highest corporate discount for the company I work for - first mistake.

The salesperson was very incompetent there, and got Rs. 3000 from me to book the car. It took me 2 weeks to apply for a bank loan, and finally I made a down payment of Rs. 60,000, and the rest covered by the bank in the form of DD. The sales person said that the car would be delivered in 2 days (registered!!!), but 'guess he has a problem in differentiating 'days' form 'weeks' - took 2 full weeks to deliver (including registration!!).

Well, this is the most interesting of all - the number plates! The mechanic was trying to fix the number plate, but found that the dimensions of the plates, and also the screw holes do not match that of the Accent's. The sales person has promptly placed an order for number plates mentioning the car model as SANTRO - ridiculous

After 2 weeks of taking delivery of my car, a salesperson from DSC calls me up and asks me if I would be interested in buying an Accent GLE as I visited the showroom.

Even after 2 months of taking delivery of the car, the authorities are too lazy to print and send across the INVOICE.

I had to make 14 calls to DSC to inquire about my car insurance, and I finally contacted the bank concerned, quoted my part number. The bank was so kind to hand deliver the car insurance the very next day.

Still haven't got my RC yet...guess another 14 calls, I would have to meet the manager of DSC and get it done.

DSC's set of common rules:
  1. forget the customer once he hands over the DD
  2. Sales person must switch off the phone or ignore the phone call once the customer has paid in full
  3. Always consider present customers as prospective buyers and disturb them over phone to buy a model that they've already bought a few months ago
  4. Never maintain a database of the customer ... always ask his full details including phone number (phone number needed to make calls like - "you wanna buy an Accent GLE???")
Well, seems like I could write a 1000 word document on this dealer. People planning to buy a Hyundai product better do not consider DSC... 'heard Access and Reliance hyundai are much better - at least they may not want you to buy an Accent every 2 months.

cya! take care!

Drive safe! Be happy!

Moderator's Note: Eleven smilies in one single post?!! Please stop posting immediately and read the posting rules available from the homepage of the board. No more than 2 smilies are allowed per post.

Last edited by Zappo : 19th August 2007 at 12:58. Reason: Excess smilies removed.
Old 29th August 2007, 14:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

I have interacted with both Kun Hyundai and Hyundai Motor Plaza (company showroom). Kun Hyundai is the best in terms of discounts and service support.

Getting the original RC book will take 2 weeks to 6 weeks. Getting beyond this limit is not acceptable. (hope by this time u got the book delivered)

my colleague had a very bad experience with Kapico Maruti while purchasing his swift. Thanks for highlighting this. Now we know whom to black list
Old 29th August 2007, 16:44   #3
BHPian

Yes, KUN Hyundai is the best to get lot of discounts. When I got my Santro 3 years back, the Access sales person got frustrated when I told them that KUN Hyundai gives me accessories worth of 20K + exchange bonus etc. He can't say a word. So I went for KUN. Service is also very good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks