Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 22:03   #1
BHPian

Story of Maruti After sales service!!

Hi,

Today was the lucky day for me!! to know plese read on..

As all u know i got my swift Vxi in jan07 from mandovi-Lavelle road, two day's before delivery i took all my ICE setup[http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/373672-post98.html], which was removed from old ZEN, to fix it in swift, but i told them to wait for my final decision on extra accessories like Nippon remote lock, auto window riser, including labour charges for ICE setup, i was thinking to negotiate the price before fitting, next day i called up the sales guy to fix the time to select the item's, but to my surprise he told me that they already fixed the, nippon remote lock, auto window riser relay's, ICE setup, so i blasted him over the phone asking how he can fix the accessories without consulting the customer, and told him to remove every thing which was fixed or else i wont take the delivery.

After this my phone keep on ringing from SG to convince me on price, by the evening i went to show room, accessory shop guy told me that, he can't take out the auto lock & window riser relay B'caz, he don't want disturb the connection again & also he offered discounted price, so i made reasonable good price with saving around 1.5k total. but he refused to fix ICE setup which is already removed b'caz he dont have time,

I took the delivery on sunday 21st jan, & gone straight to konark-jayanagar to fix ICE setup, he removed HU location cover, but where is the HU connector ,Bludy..... they have cutted the connector & coverd with insulation tape, again i called the acc's shop guy same blasting cont'd, he accepted the fault & ready to provide the connector, next day went to shop, he trying to join the connector which was cutted earlier, i took this complaint to next superior in the show room, within 5 min's he took the decision to change whole piece of wiring harness with new one. & asked me to wait for a month to get item from delhi,

From that day, several phone call's made to get item, Finally on mon 20th aug.[i.e. yesterday] he invited me to mandovi service peenya branch to leave the car to lay new wiring harness, by evening i went to work shop, i surprised to see the harness, it was full dash board harness which has more than 12 different type's of connector's. mean while i look at the HU[pio7950UB] & found that HU's antenna wire was damaged, i showned this to guy who was on job, he solderd the wire, as all connection was removed i can't power up the HU,

Today morning i called up accessories shop guy, to re assemble the ICE setup, i went to lavelle road branch, he took the job immidiately, after connecting all items, he switched on the system, within few second's HU gone off with inside components burning smell , he look at my face, i told him the soldering story, he looked at that soldering & found wrong connection, asked me to what to do..... my simple word's.. get me the new HU, i waited for an hour, new DEH-P7950UB was arrived & fitted the same.

So what u think about Maruti After sales & service, is it good or bad or some thing else...
Old 21st August 2007, 22:09   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats distasteful to say the least. As with such conduct by dealers/M.A.S.S, bounce an email to Maruti direct; cc the Mandovi Ops Manager and include a link to this thread - which will no doubt add on size; in that email. And watch yourself being treated as king by the dealership after that.

But what IS surprising that this has been done by Mandovi, one of the better Maruti dealers in BLR

Last edited by theMAG : 21st August 2007 at 22:10.
Old 21st August 2007, 22:57   #3
BANNED

To me, this looks like a deliberate communication gap.
You said you want to discuss installing accessories, they heard "fix x, y and z". Too bad. Looks like a case of over enthusiastic selling.

I agree with the opinion expressed above, that you have to bring this to attention of Maruti.
Old 23rd August 2007, 10:00   #4
BHPian

Hi,

There is no communication gap, it was very clear message given to sales guy, 3days after taking delivery there was a feedback call from mandovi, i have given full information to lady who has called me, that worked very well, sales guy was in trouble to get his +ve mark's, i made him wait for 4 months to sign feedback form, accessory shop manager requested me to wait for the wiring harness, that's why i have not escalated to further. any how job is completed, at last some good feel about maruti, but i scare to go hyundai[b'caz one of my friend already in trouble to get clear of from PS problem in his new santro, which was delivered on dec06], what about GM??
Old 23rd August 2007, 11:11   #5
BHPian

Subba Rao,

You got your car delivered in Jan 2007 and Fixed all accessories in Aug 2007. Thats way too long of a wait. Correct me if I am wrong. I thought that all MGA shall be with the accessories shop in Mondovi, BLR.

Wonder why is it that at the end, its the customer who has to pay for the nuisance done by the showroom/service personnel?

Ram P

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

Today was the lucky day for me!! to know plese read on..

As all u know i got my swift Vxi in jan07 from mandovi-Lavelle road, two day's before delivery i took all my ICE setup[http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/373672-post98.html], which was removed from old ZEN, to fix it in swift, but i told them to wait for my final decision on extra accessories like Nippon remote lock, auto window riser, including labour charges for ICE setup, i was thinking to negotiate the price before fitting, next day i called up the sales guy to fix the time to select the item's, but to my surprise he told me that they already fixed the, nippon remote lock, auto window riser relay's, ICE setup, so i blasted him over the phone asking how he can fix the accessories without consulting the customer, and told him to remove every thing which was fixed or else i wont take the delivery.

After this my phone keep on ringing from SG to convince me on price, by the evening i went to show room, accessory shop guy told me that, he can't take out the auto lock & window riser relay B'caz, he don't want disturb the connection again & also he offered discounted price, so i made reasonable good price with saving around 1.5k total. but he refused to fix ICE setup which is already removed b'caz he dont have time,

I took the delivery on sunday 21st jan, & gone straight to konark-jayanagar to fix ICE setup, he removed HU location cover, but where is the HU connector ,Bludy..... they have cutted the connector & coverd with insulation tape, again i called the acc's shop guy same blasting cont'd, he accepted the fault & ready to provide the connector, next day went to shop, he trying to join the connector which was cutted earlier, i took this complaint to next superior in the show room, within 5 min's he took the decision to change whole piece of wiring harness with new one. & asked me to wait for a month to get item from delhi,

From that day, several phone call's made to get item, Finally on mon 20th aug.[i.e. yesterday] he invited me to mandovi service peenya branch to leave the car to lay new wiring harness, by evening i went to work shop, i surprised to see the harness, it was full dash board harness which has more than 12 different type's of connector's. mean while i look at the HU[pio7950UB] & found that HU's antenna wire was damaged, i showned this to guy who was on job, he solderd the wire, as all connection was removed i can't power up the HU,

Today morning i called up accessories shop guy, to re assemble the ICE setup, i went to lavelle road branch, he took the job immidiately, after connecting all items, he switched on the system, within few second's HU gone off with inside components burning smell , he look at my face, i told him the soldering story, he looked at that soldering & found wrong connection, asked me to what to do..... my simple word's.. get me the new HU, i waited for an hour, new DEH-P7950UB was arrived & fitted the same.

So what u think about Maruti After sales & service, is it good or bad or some thing else...
Old 24th August 2007, 10:13   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Subba Rao,

You got your car delivered in Jan 2007 and Fixed all accessories in Aug 2007. Thats way too long of a wait. Correct me if I am wrong. I thought that all MGA shall be with the accessories shop in Mondovi, BLR.

Wonder why is it that at the end, its the customer who has to pay for the nuisance done by the showroom/service personnel?

Ram P
Hi,

No, all my ICE setup was fixed on the delivery date it self with other accessories shop, only wiring harness was changed in aug. to change the harness they have removed all the connections to HU, so same has been re-connected again in mandovi, & for all these nuisense thing i have not paid single paisa to anybody, but the waiting time counts...
Old 24th August 2007, 20:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Oh thats bad story, actually now days quality has come down everywhere, I can see it acorss all service centres.

Even if we write email to MUL/Managers from dealership about pathetic its of no use, they will show as if they are handling the matter fast but never give good solution.

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks