Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2007, 21:53   #1
BHPian

My Palio 1.6 got new Left eye at Shaman Auto

The story goes as follows.

I purchased Palio 1.6 from Shaman Auto at Prabhadevi in Nov 2006.

In Jan 07 faced the initial problem with the left low beam (headlight). The lower beam konked off in middle of nowhere at night. The problem corrected (as it looked like) by Shaman. The problem looked like the connector malfunction. The problem re-surfaced in Feb on and off (most of the time problem was on so light was off).

In May 07 did second service. The connector problem solved (as it again looked like). The rains started. The left eye started fogging. Updated dealer sales person with the latest problem. I came to know that this was a typical problem in some previous lots of Palio. So conclusion was I got the LH headlamp assembly from bad lot.

The connector problem was still on. Tried fixing it at Fortune cars (Tata service) at Powai. I was given a convincing answer that the wiring had problem so they replaced the wiring of the left headlamp. I was happy to know that the cause was found and was fixed.

One fine day (in a weeks time) the problem reappeared. This was going out of my tolerance limit. I dared and open the headlamp assembly back cover. It is just locked with a springy lever. I got irritated to see that there was crud taping work done with the insulation tape on wires and was sticky inside.

Last week on Friday called up the dealer sales person, appraised him with my findings and asked him for the coverage of the headlamp in warranty. I was happy to know that the headlamp is covered under warranty. Got appointment for Tuesday 21st Aug - time 10.20 am.

I reached Shaman workshop at 9.50 am. I was attended at 10.00 am. The car was in the queue. at 11.00 am, the service person came. He understood the nature and severity of the problem, inspected the assembly, nodded in positive manner and said you will get replacement as this looks like the faulty assembly. I was relieved with his statement but next moment he said they need to check the stock as this is the headlamp levelling kind of headlamp and they might not have this in spare as if required they order. The spare price was 1800 / - . I was getting it for free. To my surprise They had stock and a spare was allocated on this car.

The car was taken to such a location (as per my request) that I would be able to see the work from the lounge area.
The entire job involved following steps
1. Removing left side mountings of the bumper.
2. Removing headlamp mountings (Total 3)
3. Replaced the headlamp assembly.
4. Fixing the bumper with allignment.

So in 45 mins the entire opeartion was done and my palio got new eye and now we are living happily ever after.
Old 24th August 2007, 22:01   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

You know what they say abt not counting your chickens before the eggs hatch - its 3 days since you got the light replaced! I wish you all the best though in this problem not recurring.
Old 24th August 2007, 22:05   #3
BHPian

Thanks Mag. Hoping to see positive result this time as this is a replacement.
Old 24th August 2007, 22:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

The headlamp moisture problem was existent in pre-NV Palios (2001-03), surprised that your Palio 2006 had the same defective headlamp!

Good, you could replace it under warranty.
Old 25th August 2007, 01:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

@finneyp, its there on my palio 1.2 nv as well.. and left head light as well (when viewed head on)

Last edited by bottle : 25th August 2007 at 01:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks