Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2007, 18:46   #1
BHPian

Poor quality Palio Tail lamp

I recently got my S10's broken tail lamp replaced at Fiat dealer HIM Motors.First they fitted a slightly cracked lamp, and even argued that its a minor thing.When I insisted,they changed it, but this time with a dirty from inside one.When I pointed to greasy marks on inside reflector,they again argued that its minor.After a bit of arguement,they took me to store,where store-keeper told me that he has only three lamps and third one has damaged reflecter.As it was late evening by then,and there is no other Fiat dealer near-by,I had no option.I paid the bill and complained it to customer care.Person there inspected the lamp himself,took a picture of it and promised to look into the matter.
Next morning when I saw the car in full daylight,I felt very bad as this lamp has poor plastics,bad fit and finish and greasy smudge marks on reflecters.I complained at Fiat India website,but haven't recieved any response in a week.Him motors contacted me for feed back,and when I complained,promised to call next day.But that day hasn't arrived yet.Please suggest,what should I do now.
Old 5th September 2007, 18:58   #2
Team-BHP Support

What you should do?

Simple: Get the dirty lamp replaced with a new one. If they refuse then plonk the dirty lamp onto the guys head who comes first in your way refusing to replace. And I would suggest you to stick to the standard three bulb lamp since your car is wired for this assembly. Tell them to arrange one for you. If they do not then plonk the remains of the said tail lamp plonked on the first guys head into the second guys head. Morons they are!
Old 5th September 2007, 19:04   #3
Team-BHP Support

Unfortunately very little. Fiat is not Tata to whom you can complain and someone will come running. And a few bucks worth of tail lamp may not really be worth the trouble of going to the courts for.

In the circumstances you can think of these IMHO,
1. Forget it all. Do not go to HIM again and maybe check with other dealers to see if you can a better piece and change it if you so wish.
2. Write to some automag and see if they highlight the plight of Palio owners and thereby getting you some response.
3. Try calling up the Tata cell in your area. Tell them that by their pathetic service HIM is sullying Tata name as most people have started having back some of the lost faith in Fiat mainly because of Tatas. You know, nothing pays better than massaging the ego of someone who can bring you some relief. If you can do it right Tatas can actually do something about it.
Old 5th September 2007, 19:23   #4
Team-BHP Support

Well actually the service is from Tata so you can get in touch with Tata guys or FIAT guys (who are same by now) and they are surely going to help. BTW I don't think any dealership will refuse replacement of a faulty / greasy / smokey / poor quality tail lamp which is worth a paltry 1000 bucks IIRC. And I do not think you should cough up another 1000 bucks for a new tail lamp. They have to replace under any circumstances.
Old 5th September 2007, 20:50   #5
BHPian

I have posted it here after waiting for 10 days.Customer care person,who exchanged phone no. with me never called and whenever I called,he was not available.Today when I called,they gave line to service advisor,who told me that they can't change it now.
I'm quite amazed with Fiat's attitude.This tail lamp,manufactured by Lumax is of very poor quality and looks like a duplicate one.I wonder how Fiat approved it.On one hand,Fiat is busy launching new models and at other they can't manage their quality control,their service,their website.
Old 5th September 2007, 23:02   #6
BHPian

Their Website is like to launch new Models not to reply any complaints

I agree if the want to new models first they should provide quality spares for almost all existing Fiat cars for which the a.s.s. charge too much.
Old 6th September 2007, 01:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

He he he, it is very funny that you contacted their website since they are already very little in the flesh. Even if they did read your complaints, they have no interest to satisfy you leave alone pacify you with stories of impending launches.

Find spares in local markets, do not go the dealers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks