Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2007, 10:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to pay interest on booking amount for sx4/swift

I originally posted this on the DDis delivery thread but realised it might need a thread of its own for discussion. Excuse the repost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
As a gesture of appreciation for customers enduring the long waiting period for SX4/Swift, Maruti Suzuki Limited has made the following statement in todays paper - "For the period starting from the 16th day after booking till the date of the dealer's letter informing you that the car is ready for delivery, we will pay you interest at 24% per annum on your booking amount."

Of course terms and conditions apply, also whether existing customers are included Im yet to find out. Most likely there will also be a ceiling on the booking amount since some folks have made pretty steep deposits with the dealers
Just called the 1800 hotline. Pretty incompetent I must say. After putting me on hold for a while she gets back to say that we "may" get the interest but it depends on what the dealer decides.
Old 28th September 2007, 10:21   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

You just beat me to it.
Old 28th September 2007, 10:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to pay 24% interest p.a. for delayed delivery of SX4 & Swift

Maruti Publicly announced that it will pay 24% interest per annum from the 16th day of booking till the customer receives a dealer letter for delivery for SX4 and Swift.

A win win situation for its customers.

-> Dont miss the "terms & Conditions apply" on the left.
Old 28th September 2007, 10:27   #4
BANNED

Why dealer is going to decide?If this is the case then its for sure no one is going to get any interest.But anyways good reason to threat dealers, either deliver the vehicle or pay interest.
s0uljha did you spoke to your dealer about the same?
Old 28th September 2007, 10:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
s0uljha did you spoke to your dealer about the same?
Not yet, they are probably sick of me by now. Iv probably been on the phone with them everyday for the last 2 weeks

Ajay, I think the lady basically brushed me off as she wasnt capable of handling my query. All I wanted to know is whether this is applicable to existing customers or not. That is something they should know and not the dealer.

Lets see where this goes. With the Getz CRDI sensation I really dont know....
Old 28th September 2007, 10:57   #6
BHPian

I guess they did it finally after noticing sharp fall down of demand (as they mentioned). This is good for customers.

Think another thread exists already.
Old 28th September 2007, 11:08   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

How very thoughtful of Maruti. But I'm at my wits end as to why they didnt announce this scheme all this time before the Getz Diesel launch window.
Old 28th September 2007, 11:43   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Is there a way to book an XXX number of cars and ensure NO delivery for a year? How I would love to receive 24% interest on a deposit with Maruti....beats those bank fixed deposits rates anyday!

Jokes apart, fantastic gesture by the leader. Show 'em the way, Maruti.
Old 28th September 2007, 11:44   #9
BANNED

I guess they wanted to make some news even during Getz launch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
How very thoughtful of Maruti. But I'm at my wits end as to why they didnt announce this scheme all this time before the Getz Diesel launch window.
Old 28th September 2007, 11:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Yeah - Sensing trouble ahead of the Getz Diesel Launch - This Interest is just an Ad thing.

Tell me one thing guys - Booking amount here in Agra is 15k for Swift & 20k for SX4.

Even if its a month's waiting then interest accrued for swift is 150 Rupees for 15 days on a deposit of 15k. You do the Math if the Deposit amount changes.

Ridiculous I would say - who needs 150 rs or a measerly amount like this ???

Its a good ad gimick but does not work for me !!

Last edited by vkochar : 28th September 2007 at 11:58.
Old 28th September 2007, 13:49   #11
BHPian

Anyway many customers waited for SX4 and Swift without any interest for their booking amount, they should relax 'something better than nothing'. Also this puts pressure back to Maruti to deliver faster!! Good to watch out.
Old 28th September 2007, 13:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Now, why did they suddenly wake up on the 28th of September? Did they watch the news yesterday? Were they reading team-bhp reactions to the Getz release? Looks like it.

Can I pay the entire amount upfront as deposit? Then the interest would be great for a month ! ;-)
Old 28th September 2007, 13:59   #13
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Maruti will now accept token booking amount like Rs 1000/= only (joking, but maruti may actually do it)
Old 28th September 2007, 14:11   #14
BHPian

Good gesture my Maruti. It could mean only two things:

a. They have increased the production capacity as the festive season is nearing and they mean they are up for it.

b. They are clueless on tackling the supply/demand issues and this is the only way of tackling competition. Now that, Honda and Hyundai have responded.

I seriously hope Maruti has taken up option a. If yes, good times ahead for customers and bads times ahead for competition. The reason I am saying this is because I remember the earlier Ad which they had given stating they are on the way of increasing the production capacity. Game on!!
Old 28th September 2007, 14:29   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_n29 View Post
Good gesture my Maruti. It could mean only two things:

a. They have increased the production capacity as the festive season is nearing and they mean they are up for it.

b. They are clueless on tackling the supply/demand issues and this is the only way of tackling competition. Now that, Honda and Hyundai have responded.

I seriously hope Maruti has taken up option a.

That newspaper advertorial indicates otherwise. It goes on to say that while Maruti did increase production capacity, demand also had risen proportionally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks