Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2007, 11:19   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
@Rtech. Nice point. I used to do that with my SAAB in US. I used to take that to a friend's place "Strictly Swedish" and used to have a nice saturday. Here in Kolkata I don't know any place who even can do a oil change and can reset my service interval in the on board display. So I don't have a choice. But this time I am upto my neck. **** is reaching up the fan. This time I won't let them go. If Skoda doesn't come up with a satisfying end to this I am going to file a case against them for all the harrassment and humiliation. I have talked to my lawyer and according to him I have a good chance to win. Let's see. One more thing in any developed country they couldn't do this even with a car half priced to octavia here. Whenever I used to take my SAAB to dealer for oil change once in a year they used to check even my tires, brakes, all the belts and used to give a printed out report of how much percentage has worn out.

Yes Shantanu,

At Honda, they do all the inspection thoroughly during service.

Skoda is bluffing.

Legal is the way to go.

Also, tell them that you will not hesitate to spend some money on giving this case press publicity.

And during lifetime of the car they switched you from synthetic to mineral to synthetic! This is ridiculous. If you had done that yourself, they may have created all sorts of noises to honour the warrantee.

All this is simply unfair business practice and should be brought to justice.

As Rtech said - send the copy of the complaint to Skoda HQ in Europe.

All the best.

Thanks to this thread - I have now controlled my temptation to buy the Laura. Skoda seems to be just too much of a headache and a distraction from more vital things in life...
Old 5th October 2007, 11:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

@ Rtech - Unfortunately, there is only one Skoda dealer here.

Guess I've been lucky. All these years I've been taking my cars to Topaz and thank God nothing like this happened.

@ Sinhsha - Is the previous Works Manager Mr. Dutta still there? You could talk to him as he's pretty helpful.
O.T. My car's 20k service is coming up. Man, I'm scared.
Old 5th October 2007, 12:06   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhsha View Post
@Rtech. Nice point. I used to do that with my SAAB in US. I used to take that to a friend's place "Strictly Swedish" and used to have a nice saturday. Here in Kolkata I don't know any place who even can do a oil change and can reset my service interval in the on board display. So I don't have a choice.
Shantanu, an oil change can be carried out anywhere and by any one. Its extremely simple. Even the oil filter location is in the most accessible position. Reseting the service indicator can be done by you itself. The procedure is given in the Skoda manual.
Old 5th October 2007, 15:06   #19
BHPian

Now another blow. Topaz called me and told that they can order the parts for urgent delivery and I have to pay Rs 1250 extra for that which I have denied. My car is there for one week by now. And urgent service.
And no Mr. Dutta is not there. He has retired.
Old 5th October 2007, 18:51   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Well...we are just watching for what Topaz is doing about Shantanu's car.
Let's see how many pages we fill up before the car is back :-)
Old 6th October 2007, 10:30   #21
Team-BHP Support

Ok. Since we have gone a bit wide from Shantanu's original thread, I have split the two discussions. Please continue with the Skoda ownership costs thread Here. (The Definitive discussion. Is a Skoda more expensive to own than the rest?)
Old 6th October 2007, 13:26   #22
BHPian

It's not only what Topaz is doing but even what Skoda is doing. I have sent the link of this forum to the Customer Care manager Mr Srinivas Sudhir but haven't got reply. Was hoping for the best. But due to no information from the dealer called them today and found that my car is ready and the bill is Rs 9912. Hopefully this time my car will be at least drivable after spending near Rs 20000.
Will update you all about the status of the car. Till now apart from a sorry mail no measures has been taken by Skoda or Topaz. After getting the car I will surely go the legal way for utter negligence and humiliation.
Old 8th October 2007, 18:50   #23
BHPian

Hi all,
I got my car back. Ni communication from Skoda yet. No call from dealer either. Called them and they said car is ready. Hmm. Rs9687 is the bill this time. I am too tired and overwhelmed by this that I don't want to drive that car.
Old 8th October 2007, 19:51   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to hear about that, sinhsha. I think its best for you to find some competent independent garage.

Can you outline the components of your bill once you get the car delivered?
Old 21st April 2008, 15:15   #25

Topaz is always like that. Last time they changed all my tie-rod there was a person Mr. Aggarwal who asked me for a bribe to reduce the bill amount to 5K.
Old 21st April 2008, 16:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

All that you save while running your car on diesel gets offset by the incredulously high service costs. Even the normal services cost a bomb.... I would never ever buy a Skoda in my lifetime... not in India.
Old 21st April 2008, 16:31   #27
BHPian

If this is the sort of service given by Skoda Dealers and management then i wonder things are different with Volkswagen too? After reading through the horrors of the Skoda dealerships and ignorance to the issue shown by Skoda management, i think its better to avoid Skoda and Volkswagen.
Old 14th August 2008, 18:35   #28
evo
BHPian

Skoda service in Kolkata is very very very weird.
From the top management down, they are disgusting.
Old 30th October 2008, 13:56   #29
BHPian

It is not the case of Skoda dealership in Kolkata alone. One of the main problems is that, Skoda seems to have just one dealership in a state. We have only one Skoda dealership and I have never heard of a positive review from any who has bought the car or had the car serviced from there.

The only advantage of a Skoda is its excellent fuel efficiency. But everything else destroys the whole thing.

Their service charges are skyrocketing and unjustified totally. Why do they have to fill synthetic oil in a car unless the owner specifically request for it. Is it with synthetic Oil that the Skoda cars come from factory.

10k for a regular service and another 10k for mistakes from the company or dealers part. Sounds interesting.
Old 31st October 2008, 11:30   #30
evo
BHPian

I just got a near 5 grand quote for regular service from Topaz nee JIA. They are very strange people.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks