Team-BHP - Skoda dealership == "Utter negligence and milking the compelled customer"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Skoda dealership == "Utter negligence and milking the compelled customer" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/29598-skoda-dealership-utter-negligence-milking-compelled-customer.html)

Here is the excerpt of the mail communication between me and Skoda. A nice story. Hope will help others before feeling stupid of themselves. GTO I hope through team bhp I will share my grievance with my fellow consumers and I would want to let them know that our money is our hard earned money and if we spend them to buy a car we want some justified value and service not only from the car but from the dealer company and all they earned chunk of my money.

From:Sudhir, Srinivas [mailto:Srinivas.Sudhir@skoda-auto.co.in]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 4:57 PM
To: Shantanu Sinha
Subject: RE: New Concern
Dear Mr. Shantanu Sinha,

We are in receipt of your below said mail and had noted the contents. We understand your concern and regret for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard. We have taken up your concern with our dealership and have asked for the detailed report of the vehicle, for further resolution to your concern. We will revert to you on receipt of the same.

Best Regards
Srinivas Sudhir
Customer Care
After Sales
Skoda Auto India Private Limited
Plot No:A-1/1,Shendra
Five Star Industrial Area,MIDC
Aurangabad-431201
Tel :+91 240 6631256
Fax :+91 240 6631277
E-mail : Srinivas.Sudhir@skoda-auto.co.in

From: ss0029691@techmahindra.com [mailto:ss0029691@techmahindra.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 11:31 AM
To: Sudhir, Srinivas; saipl.service@gmail.com
Subject: New Concern

Name Of Customer: mr Shantanu Sinha
Email: ss0029691@techmahindra.com
Phone: XXXXXXX
Chasis No: TMBBGIUXXXXXXX
Reg No: WB 68 B XXXX
Date Of Purchase: 19/09/2002
Kms Run: 66054
Selling Dealer: Topaz Motors
Service Dealer: Topaz Motors
Concern: I had given my car for paid service and check up on 29/09/2007 and was charged Rs 9662.00 and paid the amount and took the car. While going home found the armrest lock is broken and the engine bay opener handle (to open the bonnet from inside) was lying on the floor. Informed the service center but was asked to bring the car on 01/10/2007 to get it fixed. While taking the car to workshop on 01/10/07 the car broke down. Called the brake down van and on arrival they confirmed the alternator belt (got it replaced at 40000 KM as suggested.) jumped out as the tentioner struts gave away. I work for Mahindra and Mahindra auto engineer confirmed that that strut cann't give away suddenly but would go in slow mechanical failure giving audible sound for at least one month. On taking the car to topaz the new appointed (Topaz here got transferred from previous owner to new owner and management) service manager accepted it was a negligence on their part and promised to fix it. On calling them today (03/10/2007) found they will charge me for part, laybour and the brake down service. I bought the first skoda octavia elegance in kolkata and by just word of mouth made 5 more customers of octavia. And I was happy with previous management so I asked that just to show good gesture and to consoler my grievances they should not charge me the laybour which they roughly didn't agree. I don't have any other dealer to go in eastern region so am feeling compelled to abuse even after spending lot of money. Hope you will make me feel better for choosing skoda and making my friends to buy skoda.
stupid:

I was thinking about getting a Skoda Fabia whenever they launch it but your post makes me rethink my plan.

First, Skoda doesnt have sufficient # of dealerships and buyers are left to the mercy of their single dealer. They can charge a leg and arm and poor consumer has nowhere to go as he made the mistake of buying a skoda.

Secondly, their dealer is not ready to accept his fault.

This is a far cry from Maruti, tata and hyundai service...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinhsha (Post 583273)
I had given my car for paid service and check up on 29/09/2007 and was charged Rs 9662.00

9662.00 for paid service? Was this something more than routine service?

That's what I was about to ask - Rs.9662!!!

Are these your routine service costs?:Frustrati

Oh hell! And I thought the previous management was bad and was looking forward to the new one.
@ Sinhsha - Rs. 9662! That is not the regular service bill. What all did you have to change?

Guys,

I am seriously negotiating with the local dealer in Pune for the Laura.
I wanted a TD and they said "Sir, laura ka to TD dete hi nahi hain. Laura aise hi bikta hain". I was so furious I wrote to the company sales mail-id telling them "if this is your pre-sales, I just wonder what your after sales will be like".

I got a call from the dealer later on and a TD as well.

But now I am really scared at Skoda' overall attitude, service level, overcharging habits...

The DSG box is just fabulous but these service costs seem HORRIBLE.

Shantanu,
Just do not let them get away with this.

Thanks all for your response.
Yes this Rs 9662 for regular routine service with diesel filter of 1472.82, air filter for Rs 710, oil filter 378.68, engine oil RS 4460 paid service for Rs 1250, Shampoo wash for Rs 200 plus 1190 of VAT and other taxes. And after spending that much what I get, my armrest lock broken, engine opener handle lying on the floor, car bgetting broken down on the road on Monday while going to office, travelling to office daily by hired car for one week.

The more suffering:
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 6:47 PM
To: 'Sudhir, Srinivas'
Subject: RE: New Concern
Importance: High

Hi Sudhir,
Thanks for your prompt response. I was supposed to collect my car at 5 PM today and that was from them till their call at 3:30 PM but was informed at 4:30 PM that another part was broken and that part is not in stock and don’t know when that part will arrive or how much that will cost. They told it may take 4 to 5 days to get the car. I am scared that due to your querying them about my car if I am getting taken for a ride by them. My residence is about 230 KM away from the workshop so following up the progress of the work by being presence of somebody from my side is out of possibility.

P.S. I had cancelled the booking of swift VDI( Diesel) for my wife last month on hearing the news of January Launch of Fabia. I thought myself to be a loyal and happy customer of Skoda who loved to talk about the efficiency, high speed grip and sheer reliability of the machine. Hopefully I will be allowed to remain loyal in long term.

Shantanu,

These service costs are really not justified.
And they charge for shampoo wash done during service????
The wash (top and underbody) is done free during regular service at Honda, Maruti...

Get rid of your plans for any new Skoda car.

Let's teach them a lesson.

Sorry, I am not being any helpful, but here is what I found on Brigade road last week...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRC (Post 583908)
Sorry, I am not being any helpful, but here is what I found on Brigade road last week...

I can see a thumbnail of an image - can't read anything. Is there a
bigger picture of the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 583929)
Are these some incredibly high figures? I keep saying this, but guys, LOOK where the cost is going. Into the oil, which the dealers charge at MRP or close to MRP (Rs1000/litre or so).

Is this synthetic oil? I don't think regular oil costs Rs.1000/litre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRC (Post 583908)

Hey this is great.
Any idea who has put up this board?
He deserves an applause.

But I doubt if Skoda would care :-(

Quote:

On taking the car to topaz the new appointed (Topaz here got transferred from previous owner to new owner and management) service manager accepted it was a negligence on their part and promised to fix it.
SHOCKING! I can forgive everything else, but the negligence of a technician causing a 15 lakh car to break down? Horrifying.

Quote:

Are these some incredibly high figures? I keep saying this, but guys, LOOK where the cost is going. Into the oil, which the dealers charge at MRP or close to MRP (Rs1000/litre or so). Get real people.
Is it compulsory to use synthetic oil? What if I dont want to? Is there an option for the same?

Thanks all for your response. Haven't got my car back yet.
Here are the points I want to insist on.
1. After spending Rs 9662 I found my engine opener handle lying on the floor so that I cann't open the bonnet even. A total utter negligence and to some extent an humiliation to my money and time.
2. Armrest broken
3. In the job card I spoecially told not to change the air filter but they insisted that for good operation of my car it's needed.
4. After all this the car braking down due to a mechanical problem which was supposedly perceptible to any mechanic by just hearing the engine. On making this point I was told I didn't ask them to check every parts of the car. The part in question is just next to the oil filter. So as somebody told (they are charging labour and that includes inspections, checkup and all - so must be the wash) I think they think other wise. They think it doesn't include inspection. On questioning this they told they would change the timing belt then as it is supposed to get changed at 60000 and would cost me another Rs 14000. After a little browsing I found it has to be changed at 60000 miles. What a jerk.
Now regarding synthetic oil they filled synthetic oil for first few service then they were out of stock and filled regular oil then this time again synthetic oil. I feel my car as a toy to them. To me this is what my life depends on. My dad is a medical practitioner and there are times when we cann't afford to have a car braking down in middle of nowhere. Some patient somewhere is lying on the operation table at that time.

@Rtech. Nice point. I used to do that with my SAAB in US. I used to take that to a friend's place "Strictly Swedish" and used to have a nice saturday. Here in Kolkata I don't know any place who even can do a oil change and can reset my service interval in the on board display. So I don't have a choice. But this time I am upto my neck. **** is reaching up the fan. This time I won't let them go. If Skoda doesn't come up with a satisfying end to this I am going to file a case against them for all the harrassment and humiliation. I have talked to my lawyer and according to him I have a good chance to win. Let's see. One more thing in any developed country they couldn't do this even with a car half priced to octavia here. Whenever I used to take my SAAB to dealer for oil change once in a year they used to check even my tires, brakes, all the belts and used to give a printed out report of how much percentage has worn out.

Shantanu, sounds like your dealer is really taking you for a ride. Isn't there another dealer in Kolkata? You taking up this issue is the correct thing to be done for sure. As I said, keep us updated as this can be used as a reference for other owners as well. If it were me, I'd mark a copy of all correspondence to the main Skoda HQ abroad as well.

Quote:

Whenever I used to take my SAAB to dealer for oil change once in a year they used to check even my tires, brakes, all the belts and used to give a printed out report of how much percentage has worn out.
And if anything is worn out beyond their tolerances, they will not let you take the car unless it is rectified! I had a similar experience when I bought a 600$ car and took it to change tyres. They refused to hand me the car back until I changed the ball joints as well!