Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2007, 23:59   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Never really thought about it, just went with the dealers' people, but, MSM...

--- did a brilliant job of removing a big dent from the back bumper, even after having told me that I should buy a new one.

--- did a not-so-brilliant job of touching up a stone chip in the paintwork; they touched it up, but did no real finishing.

--- told me it would cost a fortune to have child-made scratches removed

--- have done the wiring thing under warranty.

--- have replaced the pads and discs under warranty (though I still don't understand why).

--- took the car for service while I was away and, when my wife complained that it wasn't clean enough on its return, they sent the Free Mobile Clean and Polish service out, who left it looking pretty spotless!

--- Have left one side screen washer not working, although, on previous experience, I don't expect much trouble getting them to fix it.
Old 4th December 2007, 00:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
--- have replaced the pads and discs under warranty (though I still don't understand why).
Maybe you have been riding the brakes a lot. Also they could have been of inferior quality compared to the Japanese spares. Most of the swift's spares are MGP & not SGP.
Old 4th December 2007, 11:00   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I use the gears for engine braking, so maybe I brake less than some people --- but its city driving.

I guess this belongs in one of the threads discussing the car itself!
Old 18th September 2008, 10:05   #19
BHPian

Hi All,

I recently moved to Chennai (Pallikaranai to be more specific). I am on the lookout for an authorised and reliable maruti service center/mechanic near by. Most of the places mentioned here are quite far away from my place. Any suggestions. Please help.

Regards,
Dwarak
Old 19th September 2008, 09:30   #20
BHPian

Dwarkv,

On the OMR CARS INDIA has opened up a Service station. That should be close to Pallikarnai. It is in Kottivakkam.

Previous a CARS India body work shop was alone there but now thay have a shoproom, service centre, body work shop here. Please come to SRP tools junction and take right into OMR because I think there is no Right turn or U turn near by the CARS service centre.

I have not had any personal experience with them but I service my car at Adyar CARS India and I always felt they do a good job.
Old 19th September 2008, 13:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthang View Post
On the OMR CARS INDIA has opened up a Service station. That should be close to Pallikarnai. It is in Kottivakkam.
Electra Auto operates out of OMR too. I would suggest Electra over and above Cars India as the service is good and personal attention to almost every detail guarantees peace of mind. Speak to Krupesh at Electra. You might be tempted to get some mod's on your car from Electra over a period of few vists so be warned.
Old 20th September 2008, 00:44   #22
BHPian

Electra might be quite excellent in terms of their expertise with car mods, but for regular service (for regular cars) they're fairly run of the mill. I'm expecting some flak for this comment, but this is an unbiased view since I've been there and speak from honest experience. Others might have better luck, but this is just a cautionary message saying - dont go with high hopes.

The Patel bros are undoubtedly the savvy ones and the brains of the biz as i've seen as also heard from a few t-bhp friends, but quite obviously, they cannot possibly have the energy to directly cater to people wanting service/repair for anything thats not an Evo. Simpler tasks are usually handed on to their subordinates, who while reasonably knowledgeable, don't really set themselves apart from standard Maruti mechs. While they did help quite a bit with sourcing a spare I could not find anywhere else, they did not show any such attention to detail with their work unless you yourself followed up on it and in the end I left feeling disappointed. It did not help that their workshop never gave the impression of a cutting edge setup either - though in truth, they were never in lack of any needed tools. There were a few tiny issues as well w.r.t. their safe keeping of a car in their custody (car was returned with noticeable scratches on it).

This is not a rant directed at Electra, but just a general observation that there honestly is no quality service station at all. If at all there are mechs who have the potential, they usually like reaching for the next strata of working on car mods and other exclusive arts.

And since this is a thread about Maruti service stations .. I'd like to give a thumbs down for Indus motors. Their billing system is so slow, you start to wonder if you've entered a new time zone. I remember bumping into a friend the other day at Indus, who was sleeping in the conference room - yes thats right, his bill was being prepared, and ironically for a zero bill amount. One could put up with billing delays if the work was atleast up to it, but sadly their time zone extends to their service area as well and routine service (even if an appointment has been pre booked) takes ages and totally throws off any plans you may have that evening.
Old 20th September 2008, 10:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarakv View Post
Hi All,

I recently moved to Chennai (Pallikaranai to be more specific). I am on the lookout for an authorised and reliable maruti service center/mechanic near by. Most of the places mentioned here are quite far away from my place. Any suggestions. Please help.

Regards,
Dwarak
Would suggest NSK Motors in ECR (Neelangarai) for Pampered and Non fussy experience
Old 20th September 2008, 15:09   #24
BHPian

CARS INDIA, Kottivakkam. I personally know the service manager out there and they do a professional job. My Swift is serviced by them from day one (I bought my car from Kapico). PM me for details.

Quote:
Hi All,

Regards,
Dwarak

Last edited by diwa : 20th September 2008 at 15:11.
Old 22nd September 2008, 11:39   #25
BHPian

Thanks diwa, 2theMax, Crazt_Eddie, n_aditya and Ananthnag for your suggestions. I too got some positive feedback about CARS India at kottivakkam and will be giving my car for a service there this weekend. Shall post my experiences once I get my car back.

Dwarak
Old 26th September 2008, 12:03   #26
BANNED

CARS at Adayar Signal was where my Omni used to go for every service. Never had a complaint against them.

OT: dwarakv, please change your location.
Lukeskywalker is our junior (1 year) at school and vaseem (Luke's brother) is our senior (1 year). Small world!
Old 26th September 2008, 14:19   #27
BHPian

Thanks hrag. Can't change my present location. Guess will have to travel till adyar/kottivakkam whenever my car's services are due.
Old 26th September 2008, 14:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks hrag. Can't change my present location. Guess will have to travel till adyar/kottivakkam whenever my car's services are due.
dwarakv, change the location in your Team-BHP profile, it shows Hyderabad when you are now in chennai.
Old 26th September 2008, 14:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL. He meant change the location from Hyderabad to Chennai in your profile.

BTW, you can also check if the MASS can pick up your car for service. Most of them pick up the cars and some (Maruti Service Masters is one I know of) even offer 10% off on labor charges if the service is booked a day in advance.
Old 3rd September 2009, 08:43   #30
BHPian

Is there something called a basic check up of the car at MASS? Easwari Motors at Shanthi Colony, Anna Nagar West is charging 1000/- rupees for evaluation of the car & generation of a report.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks