Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2009, 08:36   #31
BHPian

Hi Guys,

After searching through the forums under Indian Car Dealerships, I think it would be more appropriate to ask this question here.

I'm planning to get my first Hatchback and I need your recommendation for good Maruti Dealers in Chennai. As I'm pretty close to Kolathur, Popular Vehicles at Anna Nagar is already on my list.

Anyone else you could think of from your personal experience?

Thank you
Old 18th November 2009, 04:31   #32
BHPian

Any thoughts on this please?
Old 18th November 2009, 09:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

Are you looking for a dealer to get a good deal on your new car or after-sales service, as you have posted in the 'service station' thread.

If it is the former, I suggest you visit at least 2 or 3 dealerships and ascertain which one of them gives you a good deal on your new car.

If it is the A.S.S you are looking at, then I would recommend CARS India and MSM. I have had good experiences with both of them. I am having my car serviced at CARS for the last 6 years and am pretty happy with them.

Hope this helps.
Old 18th November 2009, 10:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I would recommend CARS India and MSM. I have had good experiences with both of them. I am having my car serviced at CARS for the last 6 years and am pretty happy with them.
Where is the CARS workshop located? Do they offer any other branded engine oil options (Mobil/Shell)? MSM are very rigid and use only MGO which I am not happy with.
Old 18th November 2009, 15:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

The CARS workshop that I go to is located in Ambattur Industrial Estate. The other workshop is located after Tidel Park on OMR. They do offer Mobil as an option. But I prefer to buy it from outside as I get a better deal on it.

My interactions with MSM have been limited and mostly for the sake of certain spares that I cannot get at CARS.
Old 1st December 2009, 20:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

I have a dent work to be done on the rear left door of my Alto. The gate swung partially closed just as I was entering the compound, scraping the car door. There is a dent - the rubber beading on the door has gone in partially and there is slight scratch to the paint work for about 2 inches - which I want to repair. Could not take a photo because of the poor light.

I may go for insurance claim (Maruti insurance) depending on the cost. The SA of MSM told me it will involve "one panel work" and will cost about Rs 3800. Which will be the best place to get it done? I am thinking of MSM or ABT.
Old 1st December 2009, 20:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

I dont think there will be a difference between MSM or ABT in terms of the price quoted or the quality of work. I am in a similar situation where I have to get my LHS rear quarter panel painted.

I am hunting for a good paint shop outside MASS as am not very happy with what they do. Reviews on the forum point to hi-rev at Koyambedu. Has someone tried them and if so can we have any reviews ?
Old 1st December 2009, 20:39   #38
BANNED

Quote:
I dont think there will be a difference between MSM or ABT in terms of the price quoted or the quality of work. I am in a similar situation where I have to get my LHS rear quarter panel painted.

I am hunting for a good paint shop outside MASS as am not very happy with what they do. Reviews on the forum point to hi-rev at Koyambedu. Has someone tried them and if so can we have any reviews ?
I am too trying to take out the dent out of my white swift.Choice motors (ambattur) and CARS ,both quoted 3500-4000 for a small 3inch job.

I think the Bosch service will be good ,they have opened lots of center in the last 6 months.
Old 1st December 2009, 21:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hi Friends of TeamBHP,

I had service experience with MASS,My TVS All cars and some dealer service Center. Among all I appreciate the MSM. They do give 5% discount on service Charges if you book one day in advance for your servicing. They do pick of and drop your car at any extra cost,Even a sum of 82 Rs unknowingly left in the coin box reached home in an envelope. The S A Called and told me ( I was out of Station) that the vehicle is supposed to be sent with in an hour and informed me to inform the family members at home about the bill etc.

So MSM is the best.

Well done service and well taken care on the rainy day.
Old 1st December 2009, 23:10   #40
BHPian

Quote:

rr_zen, did you visit hi-rev to checkout the paint work of cars at their place. That would give you a rough idea of the quality.
Old 1st December 2009, 23:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
rr_zen, did you visit hi-rev to checkout the paint work of cars at their place. That would give you a rough idea of the quality.
Nope. Not yet. That is precisely why I am seeking inputs from our C-BHPians. Have you been there before and if so what would be your take on them?
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

I have left the car at MSM today morning for getting it done through insurance. May cost about Rs 3800. I will be called as soon as the surveyor okays it, for my concurrence to commence the work. I will have to pay Rs 450 for a new door beading as it is an extra fitting and will not come under insurance.
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reviews on the forum point to hi-rev at Koyambedu. Has someone tried them and if so can we have any reviews ?
Hi-Rev has a paint booth. But they are seriously overloaded. Just make a visit & you will know what I mean. I was supposed to get my car painted there too but changed my mind in the end.
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:18   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Nope. Not yet. That is precisely why I am seeking inputs from our C-BHPians. Have you been there before and if so what would be your take on them?
Last time I was there to drop my car for service, I was pretty impressed by the paint work on the HM Contessa and some of the vintage cars (beetle I guess).

I will PM you Hi-Rec (chiky's number)

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 2nd December 2009 at 14:31.
Old 2nd December 2009, 14:23   #45
Senior - BHPian

@John & Mr.Bean : Thank you for the inputs. I shall make a visit sometime. If they are overloaded then I might want to schedule something well in advance. I dont mind the waiting period but want decent work to be done wrt to the painting.

Mr.Bean: Can you elaborate on the service done to your car and the money spent by you for that? Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks