Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2011, 20:18   #106
BHPian

Re: Best Maruti service station in Chennai.

I got my swift's rear bumper painted at ABT Service center in Injambakkam. They did a wonderful job as assured by the SA. I was initially apprehensive about their painting quality but the SA assured that they have specialized paint booth and a heater room. Trusted their QoS, and it did pay rich dividends.

Just wanted to know which presently is the best MASS in Chennai
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 12:50   #107
Senior - BHPian

This is a recent addition at MSM. I was told the charges were Rs 500.00 for big cars and Rs 400.00 for small ones. Did anyone try this?
Attached Thumbnails
Best Maruti service station in Chennai.-dsc00852.jpg  

Best Maruti service station in Chennai.-dsc00853.jpg  

Best Maruti service station in Chennai.-dsc00854.jpg  

Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 13:07   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I got my swift's rear bumper painted at ABT Service center in Injambakkam. They did a wonderful job as assured by the SA. ...
How much did it cost? Was the full bumper painted, or was it a touch-up job?
Old 17th December 2011, 14:03   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
How much did it cost? Was the full bumper painted, or was it a touch-up job?
painted the partial bumper. Billed 1.5K for the job. Perfect finish and they matched the new swift's color (pearl white). Over all, extremely satisfied with the service rendered.+1 to ABT injambakkam.
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 10:32   #110
BHPian

Today, I have given my Wagon R (used 2008 model which i bought last October) for first paid service (4th service) to MSM, Guindy. Mr. Jagan (917620024) is the service advisor.

Though the odo has clocked only 17,494 Jagan has quoted me an estimate of Rs. 11,000 saying that it is a 4th year service (usually done at 40,000 km) which includes all liquids replacement (oil, coolant, brake oil) and filterI, wheel alignment and wheel balancing. I have also asked him to do interior cleaning. But still I am not convinced for Rs. 11,000 estimate. Keeping fingers crossed for the actual bill.
Old 1st March 2012, 00:11   #111
BHPian

Ok, here we go. MSM delivered the car as promised and I am satisfied with their service quality.

Pick up at home: 8.30 am
Drop at home 7.30 pm

Service Advisor: Jegan Kumar. N (9176620024) called me at 9.50 am asking if there is any issues with the car. I said there are no issues. Later, I called him twice (12.30 & 5.30 pm) to know about the car's service status and estimate of the bill. He answered politely regarding the status. Wish he had called me to inform about the net bill amount in the evening. Guess, he was about to call and I called in advance.

Service was done at 17,494 km. Bill amount : Rs. 9,836/-

(Estimated bill was Rs.11,000, I told him not to include anti-rust coating for silencer when servicing this time, hence the amount was below 10,000)

The consumables/parts which were replaced were

Parts that cost less than Rs. 100
- > Gasket Rs. 03.49
- > Screen wash concentrate 50 ML sachet Rs. 13.10
- > Hose water by pass (F8D Car) Rs. 16.44
- > Plug Oil Drain Rs. 18.62
- > Hose water by pass (F8B MPFI) Rs. 25.82
- > Grease, caliper assy 26.20 x 2 Rs. 52.40
- > Oil Filter MPFI Rs. 72.49
- > Consumables Rs. 87.34
Parts that cost less than Rs. 200
- > Spark Plug (DCPR) Rs. 109.17*4 Rs. 436.68
- > Brake fluid GD 1500AA (250 ML pack x2)Rs. 270.74
- > Element, Air Cleaner Rs. 170.31
- > Wheel weight 5 wheel Rs. 179.04
Parts that cost less than Rs. 500
- > Filter Comp, fuel Rs. 261.14
- > Coolant (SB) Non Amine Rs. 205.24
Parts that cost above Rs. 500
- > MGGO (75W90) - SHELL 301.31 x 2.1 Rs. 632.62
- > MGO (5W30) - TOTAL 257.64 x 3.7 Rs. 953.27

Labor charges were

- > Paid service Rs. 760
- > Drum Brakes cleaning Rs. 275
- > Caliper Pin Creasing Rs. 275
- > All Electricals Check-up Rs. 110

Services

- > Wheel Alignment Rs. 260
- > Wheel Balancing Rs. 250
- > Tyre Pressure (Nitrogen Gas) Rs. 200
- > Body Polishing Rs. 950
- > 3M - Interior/Exterior Polish Rs. 900

Additives

- > BG.110 Engine oil additive Rs. 427
- > BG. 325 Gear oil additive Rs. 409
- > BG 5468 Universal super cool Rs. 360

VAT @ 14.5% Rs. 522.59
Service Tax 10% Rs. 517.60
Edu. Cess Tax on service tax @ 3% Rs. 15.54

Therefore, Parts/Consumables (Rs. 3,604.11) + Labor/Services/Additives (5,176) + Tax (Rs. 1055.73) = Rs. 9835.84

Net Bill amount (rounded) Rs. 9836

Pick-up/ drop was done free of cost

I would like to know from fellow BHPians if MSM has charged me correctly for all the services they have done. Thanks in advance

Last edited by Bottom Torque : 1st March 2012 at 00:16.
Old 1st March 2012, 11:09   #112
Senior - BHPian

Any feedback on Swamy Automobiles in Egmore?. I've been dealing with Khivraj Motors unsatisfactorily for many years and i do not want to go back to them for my car's next service.
Old 11th May 2012, 10:16   #113
BHPian

I have planned to leave my swift for second service at ABT arumbakkam. Can any one provide me feedback on ABT arumbakkam? I was previously dealing with Khivraj - (not satisfied with their work+damaged my front bumper) and ABT injambakkam (USB stick stolen). I am annoyed trying different service centers for different issues as I am never satisfied with them!
Old 11th May 2012, 10:24   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I have planned to leave my swift for second service at ABT arumbakkam. Can any one provide me feedback on ABT arumbakkam? I was previously dealing with Khivraj - (not satisfied with their work+damaged my front bumper) and ABT injambakkam (USB stick stolen). I am annoyed trying different service centers for different issues as I am never satisfied with them!
If you can come to the ECR (assuming you can since you have tried ABT Injambakkam), then I suggest you try NSK automobiles, Neelangarai once. I have been giving my swift to them from the second service and they have been doing a good job. Always polite and they do not push for anything extra unless asked for. And no cases of flicking anything from cars.

BTW, where is ABT Injambakkam??
Old 11th May 2012, 10:35   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
If you can come to the ECR (assuming you can since you have tried ABT Injambakkam), then I suggest you try NSK automobiles, Neelangarai once. I have been giving my swift to them from the second service and they have been doing a good job. Always polite and they do not push for anything extra unless asked for. And no cases of flicking anything from cars.

BTW, where is ABT Injambakkam??
ABT injambakkam is right opposite to Prathanana theatre. They are good but are very pushy. Last time I was there to service an issue with my brakes, the marketing guy was pushy and forced me to get underbody coating done and to top it all, my lost my pen drive. He said he will get me a new one, it has been close to a month and I have still not got it. Didnt followup on these guys as I felt it was totally useless.
Old 11th May 2012, 14:01   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX
I have used ABT arumbakam for my Swift and their service is just mediocre. So far ABT guindy seems to be the best in my experience. Very professional and very courteous staff. They have a good aircon waiting lounge with free internet facility. Also, you can see the work area from the lounge.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2012, 16:13   #117
Senior - BHPian

Took the car to MSM for a water wash this morning. Bad idea. While taking the car inside to the wash area, a stupid SA named Senthilnathan hit a four feet high, 3" iron pipe fixed in the floor. I mean the kind which are fixed at regular intervals and linked by a chain, to prevent access to certain areas.

The pipe was uprooted and the base went under the car. The bumper is bent and broken, right in front of the driver's seat. When the car was lifted up and examined, there were scratches under the sump but no damage. There are scratches on the tie rod but no visible bend. There is a visible bend in the horizontal section immediately behind the bumper, though no damage to the radiator or any other parts. There is a dent on the bottom inner portion of the part where the front wheel is attached to the chassis.

I have authorized due repairs under my insurance and instructed them to replace whatever parts need replacement, no compromises. Since I am under their platinum scheme, I need not bear any depreciation loss either. They offered to foot the entire bill but I did not want it for two reasons; one was that the entire cost will be recovered from the individual's salary. Though he fully deserves the punishment, my heart says no. The second reason being, they may go for compromises and repair certain parts. The insurance is due for renewal next month and I will lose Rs 1165.00 towards NCB. They assured that the careless SA will make good this loss, which is fine with me. He should not go Scot free.

I hope the car is delivered back in perfect condition. I have asked them to touch up the anti rust coating wherever it is damaged and to test the car on the suspension/side slip/ brake tester after the job, in my presence.

However careful we are with our rides, our peace of mind is lost due to the carelessness of the workshop people. It really sucks.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 15:18   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Popular Motors Service Centre Vadapalani -
Had given my Alto for service in Popular Morots Vadapalani when on visit to inlaws in Chennai. Would rate them 7/10 on technical aspects. Though I asked for oil change SA insisted time is not up for that and hence did a free top up. Rattle and other issues I had raised also was done up to mark. Only issue, the place look more like a garage next door rather than a MASS.
They are bit short on space which means by time you are taking delivery of vehicle you would be waiting on main road in queue. Also most of vehicles were parked outside for repair, guess their service bay is small and cannot take the load.
popular vehicles and services limited 14 arunachalam road - Google Maps
Old 16th May 2012, 15:28   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Took the car to MSM for a water wash this morning. Bad idea. While taking the car inside to the wash area, a stupid SA named Senthilnathan hit a four feet high, 3" iron pipe fixed in the floor. I mean the kind which are fixed at regular intervals and linked by a chain, to prevent access to certain areas.

The pipe was uprooted and the base went under the car. The bumper is bent and broken, right in front of the driver's seat. When the car was lifted up and examined, there were scratches under the sump but no damage. There are scratches on the tie rod but no visible bend. There is a visible bend in the horizontal section immediately behind the bumper, though no damage to the radiator or any other parts. There is a dent on the bottom inner portion of the part where the front wheel is attached to the chassis.

I have authorized due repairs under my insurance and instructed them to replace whatever parts need replacement, no compromises. Since I am under their platinum scheme, I need not bear any depreciation loss either. They offered to foot the entire bill but I did not want it for two reasons; one was that the entire cost will be recovered from the individual's salary. Though he fully deserves the punishment, my heart says no. The second reason being, they may go for compromises and repair certain parts. The insurance is due for renewal next month and I will lose Rs 1165.00 towards NCB. They assured that the careless SA will make good this loss, which is fine with me. He should not go Scot free.

I hope the car is delivered back in perfect condition. I have asked them to touch up the anti rust coating wherever it is damaged and to test the car on the suspension/side slip/ brake tester after the job, in my presence.

However careful we are with our rides, our peace of mind is lost due to the carelessness of the workshop people. It really sucks.
This definitely hurts. Especially when you see that the accident is being caused not because of oneself. The SA deserves a shelling for sure and am with you on your views on not going in for the refund. Hope you get back your car in pristine condition.
Old 16th May 2012, 17:25   #120
Senior - BHPian

^^Thanks! Got a call from them that the car is ready. Proceeding there shortly. The cross member and it's corresponding vertical one have been replaced, along with the full front bumper. A dent in the lower arm mounting straightened out, and anti-rust paint touched up wherever required. According to them there was no problem with any steering or suspension component, and the alignment was found to be correct.

Anyway I have to eat the pudding and then pronounce my verdict!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks