Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2004, 14:47   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

After blatantly trying to cheat me in my Ichibaan Honda experience which is detailed in this thread., the Ichibaan boys do it yet again.

One would have thought that after I had publicly exposed their fraudelent dealings in the Autocarindia May 2004 edition, and on Team-BHP - Ichibaan Honda would turn over a new leaf and stop cheating its customers. Acknowledging their mistake, they did reimburse me with Rs.25000 with the promise of re-evaluating the sales procedures and shuffling some sales staff.

Buttttttttttttttttttt according to the Autocarindia August 2004 edition (Helpline section), Ichibaan Honda has done it yet again. Honda clearly informed all its dealerships that a particular blue colour had been discontinued and that dealerships should not accept deposits for the same colour in the New Honda City. But deposits are a good way of financing working capital for the dealerships. If at all they offer interest, the rate given to the customer is 3 to 4% p.a. while bank rates start at 11%.

Thus Ichibaan Honda conveniently accepted an order with a booking deposit...knowing fully well that the colour has been discontinued and that the customer has NO chance of getting delivery of his preference in the New Honda City. And all of this happened after my experience was reported in the Autocarindia.

Its really no wonder that Linkway Honda (the other Bombay dealership) has received the Honda Dealership customer satisfaction award a couple of times in a row compared to Ichibaan Honda.

Think more than twice before you think of buying a Honda from Ichibaan. Honda makes some fantastic machinery, if only Ichibaan Honda would stop indulging in such unscrupulous business tactics!!

GTO
Old 27th July 2004, 15:17   #2
BHPian

hey GTO,i thik we should let them know about this site ..a bad name in this would mean a bad name all over india
Old 27th July 2004, 16:00   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (artofzen @ July 27 2004,13:47)]hey GTO,i thik we should let them know about this site ..a bad name in this would mean a bad name all over india
They already know about this site but as you know: old habits die hard
Old 27th July 2004, 20:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Two times is bad.
Old 28th July 2004, 19:25   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

man that was a real sad thing.
i read about it in autocar and if im right he was about to purchase a fleet of these for his bank .........
but now is reconsidering his decision ........
but luckily there is honda which has started its blue colour as some FEW customers wanted it .....i dunno bout anyone else but ive never seen a blue city in town ........
Old 28th July 2004, 22:25   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I am dead certain that Honda is making some examples in that colour...only after the Autocarindia complaint.

GTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks