Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 00:44   #1

Ridiculous Service...

ok guys...

i went to a certain SHAMAN ford dealer to test drive the fiesta diesel and the fusion diesel and this is what i got...

i entered the dealership and asked if they could make a place for my car so that i could park it...first they said NO..yea can u believe it..they actually said no..
and then after a lot of deliberation they let me park in their compound...

then came the time for seeing and TDing the cars...so they made me take my car out...then they took out one fusion...well and good...then the guy who i was dealing with got into a fight with the dealer owners driver in which they both started giving each other "mother" and "sister" gallis...

then i got soo frustrated that i took my car out and parked it in some galli which was like 50 m. away and came walking...the two of them were still at it...so i became moderator and asked if we could actually go for the TD...finally we left....and what do i see....kms left for the amount of fuel left was shown as 4 km...yes 4 km...so i told him so...and guess the reply..."woh ac mat use karo aap"....so i decided that it was best to cut it short and go back to the dealership and get the hell out of there....

so i did...and that was the end of it...I AM NEVER GOING BACK TO THAT SHAMAN DEALERSHIP AGAIN....

cheers,
cyrus...
Old 23rd October 2007, 00:58   #2
BHPian

Really sad that you had to go bare such an irritating service. Really surprises me that a potential customer is given such a treatment. Spoils the brand name of the company and also creates bad impression about the future service for the vehicle.
Old 23rd October 2007, 01:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Such characters!! Wonder who puts these guys on the job..
Old 23rd October 2007, 01:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

Put a note on the Ford India cust service website.

custmail@ford.com

They will not only give you your Test Drive but will also polish your shoes if you need them to.
Old 23rd October 2007, 02:02   #5

thank you..but naah forget it..i was doing some research and thus went for a TD..if it will get through..i will anounce it to you all...just hope it happens..
Old 23rd October 2007, 02:25   #6
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
thank you..but naah forget it..i was doing some research and thus went for a TD..if it will get through..i will anounce it to you all...just hope it happens..
good strategy to let the situation remain as it is. Like you more potential customers will go away from this dealer and that will hurt him really bad. No point in wasting your time trying to improve his service. He will gain a few customers but you are not going to gain anything (as u can go to other dealers).
Old 23rd October 2007, 02:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
good strategy to let the situation remain as it is. Like you more potential customers will go away from this dealer and that will hurt him really bad. No point in wasting your time trying to improve his service. He will gain a few customers but you are not going to gain anything (as u can go to other dealers).

But he will remain with a bad impression not only on the dealer but the brand as well. Most importantly the Brand itself will not know the point at which things are going wrong from them.
Old 23rd October 2007, 08:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Most importantly the Brand itself will not know the point at which things are going wrong from them.
Serve them right for their lackadaisical attitude!! It is very much their business to regularly check out their dealers.
Old 23rd October 2007, 09:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Serve them right for their lackadaisical attitude!! It is very much their business to regularly check out their dealers.
Yes, it is true that they can't rein in their dealers completely, as all of them have good connections, but the least they can do is to keep sending mystery shoppers to ascertain the fate of the hapless consumer!
Old 23rd October 2007, 09:29   #10

But there is a practical difficulty in finalizing a dealer. Because there are only two or three dealers in every city. And all are equally bad! In that sense, each dealer has a very good track for complaints, bad services and consumer court cases. But no other way. One has to compromise somwhere go with the "better" dealer.
Old 8th November 2007, 06:09   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

I am pretty surprised.
I have started getting quite good service from them whenever i go there. One of the sales guys actually knows my face and helps me out in any way.
Old 8th November 2007, 08:51   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

It happens. A bad moment, a bad apple in the staff and the brand name is spoilt.
I would really recommend dropping a line to the company detailing your poor experience. The results will be (hopefully) beneficial to all.
Old 8th November 2007, 09:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Bad Really !! A prospective customer turned back because of the attitude of 2 silly morons working there. Write a mail to Ford Customer Care - I am sure they will take some action against Shaman.
Old 12th November 2007, 11:35   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
As a probable customer, it is also one's duty to let the parent company know when and where things are going wrong.

If some brat comes and scribbles on your car, tell me you wont complain about the kid to his parents, and would also not do anything to teach him a lesson. You can very well assume its his parents damned responsibility to teach him how to behave, OR <need i repeat what i have said above>?

Hope you got my point, buddy.
Old 12th November 2007, 12:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
If some brat comes and scribbles on your car, tell me you wont complain about the kid to his parents, and would also not do anything to teach him a lesson.
Hope you got my point, buddy.

Sorry, I disagree.
A car dealership is not the same as 'minors' whose basic education is very much incomplete at that stage.
If a manufacturer cannot make proper appraisal of it's dealers as an ongoing process, it means they are either lakadaisical or something much worse.
Hope you get my point, buddy!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks