Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2007, 17:20   #1

My experience with Chevrolet Dealer (Pune)

I recently decided to buy a car. I checked many cars in hatchback segment, fitting my budget, from other manufactures, but eventually I liked AVEO –UVA due to features it provides and the associated brand.
Much to my surprise, when I went to take the delivery of the car I found that some part of the roof and door was not finished properly. The surface was very rough. The dealer also accepted that it is manufacturing defect. I told him to give me replacement of the car. He refused to do so saying he will coat and give me the vehicle and that the car is registered on my name.
I have not taken the delievery of the car.I have done 100% payment of the car.
Please assist me , what should i do now.

P.S. I couldn't figure out which forum I should post at. If this is not correct forum, Admin can move this to right place.
Old 27th October 2007, 11:55   #2
BHPian

Do NOT take the delivery.

My advice is to NOT take the delivery of the car.
Let it remain there.
Pester the person.
Also contact any lawyer.
Contact pro-consumer organisations. (Few links are present on this site.)
They will give you good advice. (My airtel billing issue was solved with their help. I mailed my problem to their nodel officer in TRAI complain form format. Those guys got the hint of my intentions.)

If the court order is in your favour, you should also ask for 18% interest on the amount that's present with the dealer for those many weeks.

Reply to this thread when your issue is solved.

God forbid, but if I were in your place, even after the delivery as per my satisfaction, I would have taken them to court for damages.
(There are 2 parts in such a case. Compensation (which you will get with a new car) and damages. You can claim mental agony and loss of business due to non delivery of the car.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks