Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 18:07   #91
Senior - BHPian

Last week had been to Vijai auto to buy a scorpio V series for my friend and came to know that they are taking orders/bookings for chevy cars.
They would also have a service centre in Maratahalli.
We also enquired about optra magnum diesel and the sales guy assured for a good deal.
I think guys at Vijai auto are much much better compared to sundaram guys.

Today morning had been to sundaram to give my spark for 5K service at around 10AM. I was waiting outside main gate coz all the parking space was full with taveras and optras.
Got my number at 11AM.

The worst thing about sundaram - they cry for anything you ask - "Sir Garuda is closed and we are having tough time to serve customers"
Is this the way to serve customers? Definitely not. Today i have decided not to buy a GM vehicle again.

Even guys @ Pratham motors (Maruti) on outer ring road are careless. Recently had been to book a Swift VDI for my friend. We were waiting for 10 Min and it looked like nobody was interested to talk to us.
Then we came out and booked a Getz crdi in Advaith motors which is a km to Pratham.
Sales guys were very prompt.

Last edited by djay99 : 20th February 2008 at 18:10.
Old 22nd February 2008, 10:38   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Last week had been to Vijai auto to buy a scorpio V series for my friend and came to know that they are taking orders/bookings for chevy cars.
They would also have a service centre in Maratahalli.
We also enquired about optra magnum diesel and the sales guy assured for a good deal.
I think guys at Vijai auto are much much better compared to sundaram guys.
Guys, any updates about Vijay Auto.
Do they start taking chevy cars service appointment? My Aveo is 4800km now, service due at 5000km. If not i have to book a service appointment at Sundaram.
Old 22nd February 2008, 17:29   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Guys, any updates about Vijay Auto.
Do they start taking chevy cars service appointment? My Aveo is 4800km now, service due at 5000km. If not i have to book a service appointment at Sundaram.
Kavu,
Service centre is not operating as of now. I would suggest you to get an appointment from sundaram as it will take 15 to 20 days for your date.
Meantime if vijai opens service centre then get the work done from vijai.

IMO it is not possible to know servicing capabilities of engineers @ Vijai so early.
Old 22nd February 2008, 17:33   #94
Senior - BHPian

Received my Spark yesterday after 5K KM service.
They have not washed by car properly. Brakes are taking a second or two to get activated. Planning to write an email to GM about sundaram.
What do you guys say?

Car jerks and behaves like a bus/truck in 1st and 2nd gear at slow speeds. Is this a major problem or requires some tuning?
I had mentioned this during service but problem is not solved.
Old 23rd February 2008, 13:10   #95
BHPian

Thanks for your updates djay99.
Today i have booked a service appointment with Sundaram for my Aveo. They gave me a date on "March 20 th", almost a month from now. Ok, somehow i can plan for that, but think about what kind of treatment you are getting after doing this much advance booking. They don't have enough time to listen our problems, or get a parking there itself is a big problem like djay99 has said.
What Sundram telling is they are handling more customers than they are able to handle. This is some what true also.
Don't know what GM is doing, only one dealer for a city like Bangalore.

About your service issues you can contact the service guy once again, looks like your jerking issue requires some tuning only.
Yes, their car washing is very bad, samething happened to me also. It was in such a bad state than what i gave.
It's better you write a mail to GM also.
Old 25th February 2008, 13:33   #96
BHPian

Vijai Auto will be a better choice. One of my frined was giving his Matiz for service at Vijai auto even after Dewoo stoped the dealerships. Heard the service is good.
Hopefully the GM car owners will get a better dealer now.
Old 26th February 2008, 07:08   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunnn View Post
Vijai Auto will be a better choice. One of my frined was giving his Matiz for service at Vijai auto even after Dewoo stoped the dealerships. Heard the service is good.
Hopefully the GM car owners will get a better dealer now.

Vijai Motors seems to have finally opened its Chevy showroom/workskhop in Bangalore according to Times Ad today.

Showroom:
No.47, (Old No. 118),
East End Main Road,
Opp Jaidev Hospital,
JP Nagar, Bangalore - 89
Tel - 41650800/1/2/3

Workshop:
No. 2/A, Dyanasandra Industrial Area,
KR Puram, Whitefield,
Bangalore - 48
Tel - 40782000/01/02
Mob: 9845791725

@Mods: Please edit the subject

Nirmal
Old 26th February 2008, 11:41   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
Vijai Motors seems to have finally opened its Chevy showroom/workskhop in Bangalore according to Times Ad today.

Showroom:
No.47, (Old No. 118),
East End Main Road,
Opp Jaidev Hospital,
JP Nagar, Bangalore - 89
Tel - 41650800/1/2/3

Workshop:
No. 2/A, Dyanasandra Industrial Area,
KR Puram, Whitefield,
Bangalore - 48
Tel - 40782000/01/02
Mob: 9845791725

@Mods: Please edit the subject

Nirmal

Thats a very good news for bangaloreans.
Old 26th February 2008, 11:52   #99
BHPian

Good News. Hopefully we will get better service for GM Cars
Old 27th February 2008, 14:15   #100
BHPian

I called up Vijay Motors. They are taking vehicle service from March 3rd.
Old 27th February 2008, 18:18   #101
Senior - BHPian

Kavu,
It would be too early to know servicing capabilities of engineers at vijai. I think lets wait for a month or two and then take the cars for service.
??

Last edited by djay99 : 27th February 2008 at 18:20.
Old 27th February 2008, 18:52   #102
jp1
BHPian

Vijay auto - i had a good buying experience from vijay auto buying my Bolero, but was not happy with their service and I had to change over to India Garage. I am not saying India Garage is great, but comparatively they were better. But buying experience in India garage was bad and Vijay auto was defenitely better.
Old 28th February 2008, 10:10   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Kavu,
It would be too early to know servicing capabilities of engineers at vijai. I think lets wait for a month or two and then take the cars for service.
??
Correct said djay99, after sometime only we will get good idea about Vijay's servicing capabilities of engineers. My odo is reading around 4900 now, so thinking of taking a chance with them. Earlier i thought of not taking out my car much till March 20th.

Just a query, how much + or - Kms we can go with out disturbing the warranty conditions? For Ex. in my case of 5k Kms, how much i go + or - kms with out disturbing the warranty conditions?
Old 28th February 2008, 11:38   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Just a query, how much + or - Kms we can go with out disturbing the warranty conditions? For Ex. in my case of 5k Kms, how much i go + or - kms with out disturbing the warranty conditions?
You can drive up to 5500 KMS. This is what sundaram guy told me when i called for an appointment for a service. He said not to cross 6K KMS.

Hope the info helps.
Old 28th February 2008, 17:09   #105

Kavu,

Yes till you dont cross 1000 + from the standard reading it is fine. For my aveo i gave tor servicing @ 15 920 which they accepted..
Although it is a paid service i dont understand why they say they wont consider it as 15K service if it has crossed 16K !!! :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks