Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2008, 17:01   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomBatt View Post
Whitefield ? Oops. I just can't go all the way to Whitefield from Vijayanagar. That is too far. So, we are back to square one - Sundaram Motors
According to Vijay Motors personnel they plan to open a service center in JP Nagar area in the next three months.

-- Wind
Old 5th March 2008, 10:44   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone experienced Vijai Motors' Chevrolet service yet? They have started and have lots of slots available as compared to Sundaram which is booked till 15th March!
Old 7th March 2008, 14:38   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Anyone experienced Vijai Motors' Chevrolet service yet?
Tomorrow I am going to take my aveo for 5k service at Vijay Motors. The date I got from Sundaram was March 20th when booked on Feb last week, no patience to wait till march 20th.
Let me see how it is, will update the details soon.
Old 7th March 2008, 14:44   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Tomorrow I am going to take my aveo for 5k service at Vijay Motors.
Please post your experience asap. Lot of people, including me waiting to know that from you.
Old 7th March 2008, 18:47   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
According to Vijay Motors personnel they plan to open a service center in JP Nagar area in the next three months.

-- Wind
Thank you for the info Wind. 1st service check for my Sparky is coming up in this April.
Old 8th March 2008, 18:29   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Please post your experience asap. Lot of people, including me waiting to know that from you.
I took my Spark for first service today to the Vijai Motors Service Center. The place is located on a private road that is opposite to HP 's new campus . I have marked the location in Wikimapia.

Regarding the service, the experience was good with the service adviser finishing all initial job card the formalities within ten minutes. I had some minor issues with the head light focus and some squeaking noise coming from the clutch pedals and I was assured that everything would be taken care of and I would get the car by 5:30 PM. In the evening I reached there by 5:00 PM and was able to drive out from the service center by around 5:15 PM. The clutch pedal issue has been fixed and I would only be able to comment about the head light issue once the night falls.

The staff is very courteous and they told me that they are taking about twenty five vehicles every day for service. They accept credit cards. The workshop looked spacious enough to accommodate more vehicles than that. Maybe they are waiting for more equipments.

On additional bonus about the location is that if you are a rail fan you can see plenty of action as the both the railway lines to Chennai and the Krishnarajapuram loco shed is nearby :-)

--Wind
Old 8th March 2008, 22:07   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post

-- Wind

That is true. It will be somewhere near Bannerghata Road (the one from Jayanagar 9th block side to Silk Board junction). Somewhere in that general area.
Old 10th March 2008, 10:05   #113
BHPian

GM, Vijay Motors service experience

Quote:
Saturday I took my aveo to Vijay Motors for 5k service. Already "Wind" has updated the location details and his first service updates.

Yeah, coming to my details, Saturday morning around 9.15 I went there, not much crowd were there. With in 5 minutes service adviser came and I told him the following details.

1. Some spring/rattling sound from passenger seat belt / seat
2. Two big rubbing scratches were there in middle of the bonnet( Thanks to my apartment car cleaning guy, he rubbed hard / used his nail to remove some drainage pipe leak dirt from the bonnet, it's badly visible)
3. Check any underbody damage.
4. Fixing one mud flap screws

Regarding the scratches service adviser told me to do polishing. He told me 3M trained people are doing the polishing and they are using all 3M products. He gave me an estimate of 3K with Rs 1500 for polishing. He was telling me for paint protection coating also, I told him no.
Looks like the service adviser is not that much experienced. But still they are trying there best and very courteous also.He told me to come by 4.30 to collect the vehicle.

Then I met one in charge person, he took me for a round, their front office, back office, service bay(they have a huge service bay around 20-25 vehicle they can take for service), body work section, paint work sections, wash bay etc.
Still the construction work / some furnishing is going on all over. It will take another 15-20 days to complete all this things.

I came there around 4.45 to collect vehicle, I could see my vehicle is surrounded by 5-6 3M guys are polishing my vehicle. The service adviser came explained me work they had done.

1. Seat belt they have tightened something.
2. Scratches - Only the portion of some deep scratches(lines) are visible, otherwise they did a good job.
3. No underbody damage
4. Fixed the mud flap screws.

The car washing and cleaning is much better compare to my first 1k km service at Sundaram.

Then come to the billing part, my total bill was 2422. (Engine Oil 586.68, Filter 68.44, Polishing 1500, Taxes 260). He explained me all the details. But after making the payment only I have noticed that my vehicle number they entered was wrong, interchanged one digit. I verified with the job card, it was correct there, while entering the data they made something wrong, then some blame game within them. Looks like back office people are not that experienced.

At the end I did a test drive with the service adviser because I want to confirm the Seat belt sound. Yes, no sound now and vehicle in good condition.
Overall I am happy with my service experience, can't comment much on technical aspects because I didn't report much technical issues and they have to be little more professional overall.
@Mods: Please edit the subject

Last edited by kavu75 : 10th March 2008 at 10:10. Reason: Request for edit the subject
Old 10th March 2008, 10:36   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
The car washing and cleaning is much better compare to my first 1k km service at Sundaram.
That's normal. They're trying to show their best and it's right.
Quote:
@Mods: Please edit the subject
What's there to edit?
Old 10th March 2008, 11:14   #115
BHPian

Quote:
What's there to edit?
I thought of editing the title, instead of Garuda is closing down dealership with GM, now we can have GM, Vijay Motors service experience.
Old 10th March 2008, 11:18   #116
Team-BHP Support

@ kavu75, it's done.
Old 10th March 2008, 12:10   #117
BHPian

Is this Vijay MOTORS same as Viaji AUTO, the mahindra dealers?
I've seen several Matiz and Ceilos there for service.

-- Torqy
Old 10th March 2008, 15:24   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Is this Vijay MOTORS same as Viaji AUTO, the mahindra dealers?
I've seen several Matiz and Ceilos there for service.

-- Torqy
Yes.

It's actually spelt VIJAI.
Old 10th March 2008, 16:24   #119

UVA users

Hello Folks !!

Pls share your experience with UVA, how is the pickup ??

Regards
Old 10th March 2008, 16:40   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
Yes.

It's actually spelt VIJAI.
Oops! That was a typo.

-- Torqy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks