Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2007, 07:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
I spoke to the GM helpline today about their plans to open a new dealership in Bangalore. They did not confirm a date but indicated that it would be soon.

They confirmed that they have been receiving lot of complaints from irate customers in Bangalore about their difficulty in getting a service appointment at at Sundaram.

- Wind
Yes. My freind working in GM has also told that there will be 2 more dealers in the early half of 2008...
Old 21st December 2007, 11:51   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Vijai Auto sales is confirmed.... he is in the process of acquiring the equipment and everything.
Old 21st December 2007, 17:37   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
Vijai Auto sales is confirmed.... he is in the process of acquiring the equipment and everything.
2 - 3 days back I saw an ad from Vijay saying they opened a showroom for Mahindra Renault!!! Is this one different?
Old 6th January 2008, 14:41   #64
BHPian

Gave my Aveo at Sundaram for 5000kms service. The service was pathetic.

Had to do the booking a week back. The service guy did not have time to listen to my complaints. I was promised that the car will be ready by 4PM. After 2 hours of dropping the car I got a call saying the car is ready. They said washing cannot be done as their motor has failed. When I said I need it washed they asked me to pick up the car next week. I didnt want that and said I will pick up the car by 4PM. They said they will close by 2PM and the car should be picked up before that. I couldnt believe that and I called up their service manager (Mr.Ramesh). He said he will get my car washed and they are open till 6:30PM.

What I feel is that they dont have space for so many cars and want customers to take them back as soon as possible.

When I went to pick up the car there was nobody to explain me about the job done. I made the payment and I was handed over the key. The washing done was horrible. The car was in a bad condition than when I handed over. I was also charged 35rs for car shampoo they used to clean the car. Gaurda never did this. I had complained about rattling from dash which is still present.

I wouldnt take my car to Sundaram ever again.

Nirmal
Old 6th January 2008, 15:24   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post

Nirmal
I need to Service my Spark in February. Looking at the experience folks are having at Sundaram, I am seriously contemplating a drive down to Mysore to service my car.

GM are you listening?

Wind.
Old 6th January 2008, 19:23   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmalts View Post
Nirmal
Only solution is to wait for couple of months to see how the new competitor, about to come, are doing service. Both customer service + vehicle service... Hoping for the best
Old 7th January 2008, 18:52   #67

Hi,

I called up GM call center recently and gave them all my complaints against Sundaram , what I faced recently for service of my Optra Magnum. I told them they are losing prospective GM customers in Bangalore due to this , and if they don't act fast then damage will be irrepairable.

Hope they take heed and respond,

Dilip
Old 7th January 2008, 18:56   #68

Sundaram has no major accessories for GM ( at least for Optra ) Can anybody suggest a good accessories shop in Bangalore where I can buy for Optra ( e.g Bumper protector parking sensor etc )
Old 7th January 2008, 20:14   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilip_kum View Post
Hi,

I told them they are losing prospective GM customers in Bangalore due to this , and if they don't act fast then damage will be irrepairable.

Hope they take heed and respond,

Dilip
I completely agree to this. My company has stopped giving any more orders to Sundaram due to the way they did the delivery to many employees. It's high time for GM to wake up and open a new dealership in Bangalore.

I had a problem of dust entering the cabin. I told the Sundaram service guys abt the same during the initial check-up. They said its fixed. Again I had the same problem. When I went there second time, they said some cover is damaged and it has to be changed. they didn't had it in stock( or they were not ready to do it that day !). Again I took the car to Sundarm on Jan 1 (after appointment). But there were no electrician and I didn't had any option other than leaving the car there. Got the car next day at 8PM ( against the promised time of 10AM).

-Arun
Old 8th January 2008, 09:40   #70
BHPian

That's very much true. Now so many corporates are reluctant to give any orders to Sundaram because of their attitude. We have so many examples at team-bhp also. But what to do, no other option.
Old 8th January 2008, 11:07   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
I heard that United Motors has become a franchisee for Bosch Service. This is located on West of Chord Road in the service Road (next to Nagadevaki Marriage Hall).
I checked out the Bosch Service at United Motors recently and can confirm that they are doing atleast 4-6 GM cars everyday(according to their Works Manager). If anyone has already tried this, can you please share your experience with us. One thing is for sure, Bosch Service has serious plans for India, I was recently reading an article about Bosch Service's expertise especially in the Diesel Segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilip_kum
I called up GM call center recently and gave them all my complaints against Sundaram .......if they don't act fast then damage will be irrepairable.
Our worst fears are coming true. GM really need to get their act together fast. I hate to see the GM brand name being tarnished by Sundaram's pathetic service.
Old 11th January 2008, 10:08   #72
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I also need to give my Aveo for servicing & I've been waiting for the new dealership to start. Trying to avoid Sundaram at any cost.

Seriously, I am considering a drive to Mysore to give it for servicing :-) Where exactly is the service station in Mysore?

Alternatively, has anyone tried any other service station in Bangalore (all brand service station) & can you recommend a good one for my Aveo?

Indian
Old 11th January 2008, 10:55   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunnn View Post
I told the Sundaram service guys abt the same during the initial check-up. They said its fixed. Again I had the same problem. When I went there second time, ....
This is sundaram's standard modus-operandi...

On a recommendation from orkut corsa group i went to one "z" tech motors, in ejipura, for a minor job(couldn't even able to step into sundaram...). The guy is pretty decent. i will try out 40k km service with him. Let see...
Old 11th January 2008, 14:41   #74

Hi,

I called up Auto1 motors near dairy circle , they have recently opened. They said they will service GM cars as well and they have GM accessories etc.

I am planning a visit soon there to get check accessories for my optra.

Good luck!

Auto1 Motors - India Operations

Regards,

Dilip
Old 21st January 2008, 16:29   #75
BHPian

I called Sundaram motors today to get an appointment for my Aveo servicing. They said, the slot is available only on 7th Feb onwards !! Anyway, I am visiting Mysore on Feb 2nd, so I booked for the servicing in Trident Mysore. Its really crazy to plan for your servicing 20 days in advance !!! and that too there is no pick up & drop service at Sundaram.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks