Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2008, 16:40   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Its really crazy to plan for your servicing 20 days in advance !!! and that too there is no pick up & drop service at Sundaram.
If you lived in the UK, it wold be the norm. at least it is better than walking in and finding out that nothig was done. Long term Sundram needs to expand capacity or await another dealer
Old 21st January 2008, 16:53   #77
BHPian

This is very bad. How we can plan some 3-4 weeks advance?
Any updates about GM's 2nd dealership in Bangalore?
My Aveo has covered around 4500 Km, and i have to give it for first service at 5k. Really worried about it after seeing all these feedbacks.
Old 21st January 2008, 17:10   #78
BHPian

I sold my Astra 2003 model, done about 41k because the service at Sundaram was pathetic. They charged me for washing in the routine service at 40k. When asked I was told they charge everybody the same. I said I am not everybody and picked up a arguement with the service manager. Finally they relented and discounted the charge. They charge 850 for service and 250 was for washing. This is ridiculous. So i called it a day with the Opel brand and now am a proud owner of a Toyota Corolla.
Old 5th February 2008, 12:38   #79
BHPian

2nd Dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Any updates about GM's 2nd dealership in Bangalore?
Me too.. Eagerly awaiting the announcement of the second dealer..
Old 5th February 2008, 13:47   #80
BHPian

The owner of Sundaram motors mentioned that there is hardly any money in the GM dealership. They have deals that guarantee repairs and maintenance for a 3/5 year period, leaving very little scope for the dealers to make money (other than in the case of accidents). If that is going to continue to be GM's strategy, then all their cars will suffer.
Old 5th February 2008, 14:15   #81
BHPian

Aah! I was planning to trade-in my Matiz for a new one (i.e Spark) and going by the waitlist for service appointment at Sundaram, I am not very comfortable.

Its a sad situation for a very competent car!
Old 5th February 2008, 23:25   #82
BHPian

Corsa Trouble

Im also waiting to find another service center for my Corsa. I have an engine overheating problem and i guess the Thermostat is not working well cause once i switch on the AC the engine cools down.

I just called the service guys at Sundaram and they say that u can book a service after 20 days!

Guys please suggest an outside service point who is well versed with OPel cars.
Old 12th February 2008, 22:50   #83
BHPian

The GM India Marketing & management should be really crazy.. They are giving adds in TV and newspapers, but if they really want to get customers, first they have to build a good dealer network.. Many many prospective customers shy away from GM Only because of the dealers ( like Sundaram in Bangalore)
Old 14th February 2008, 19:28   #84
BHPian

Whitefield ? Oops. I just can't go all the way to Whitefield from Vijayanagar. That is too far. So, we are back to square one - Sundaram Motors
Old 14th February 2008, 20:18   #85
BHPian

Whitefield sounds good! right now anything from GM sounds good as far as Sundaram is away

I hope they start service soon.
Old 15th February 2008, 11:51   #86
BHPian

Sundaram! I tell you man, they are too good!

Last week, I stepped in to take a look at Spark. There were people chatting with each other and nobody seemed to care if a prospective buyer has stepped in. If you ask them for price or feature list, they give it out with so much trouble. Nobody asked if I care for a testdrive, or a contact number at which they can call me back. It appeared as if they were sure that they won't be able to make a sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraveenReddy View Post
I am announcing on Behalf of my Friend (Cherian) who was working in Garuda, now works @ Vijai Motors Pvt Ltd.
Is this Vijai Motors same as Vijai Auto who used to sell Daewoo earlier?
Old 15th February 2008, 17:29   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Is this Vijai Motors same as Vijai Auto who used to sell Daewoo earlier?
yes it is. The same people.
Old 15th February 2008, 17:57   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Im also waiting to find another service center for my Corsa. I have an engine overheating problem and i guess the Thermostat is not working well cause once i switch on the AC the engine cools down.

I just called the service guys at Sundaram and they say that u can book a service after 20 days!

Guys please suggest an outside service point who is well versed with OPel cars.
I had a same problem in Palio. Engine overheats without AC. I just went to a water service center and got them spray water on the front of my radiator with the pressure hose for few mins. That fixed the problem. You too try that.
Old 18th February 2008, 11:16   #89
BHPian

Whitefield sounds ok to me. The fundamental problem with Sundaram is that it is a corporation, not a partnership. There is little ownership at the top. Everybody is working for a salary and not a profit. If Vijai Auto is more of a partnership than a corporation, then there is hope for GM car owners. Heh, he!
Old 20th February 2008, 11:34   #90
BHPian

Great to hear that Vijai Auto is now a GM Dealer. Good for the GM brand and am sure this is a huge relief for GM owners in Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks