Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2007, 14:46   #16
BHPian

He has to put money in stock so other minuses are useless considering market response .
Old 6th November 2007, 14:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

No difference really, except Delhi number holds a better value than HR number.

I have my Accent registered in my Gurgaon Address, never been bothered by cops ever.

BUT Remember getting a HR Number now has become very difficult and is not easy as before ( everyone used to get their diesel vehicles registered from Haryana ).

Address Proof is a must now and you only get the number once the ownership of the house is verified !! I know this because my tenant in gurgaon got his new car registered at my flat and I received a call from the RTO office in haryana verifying the address. Surprise Surprise !!
Old 6th November 2007, 16:02   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Why should it be? You could have addresses both in Delhi & Gurgaon - in those circumstances which one would you use to buy a new car? Especially when the differences in on-road prices could be quite a bit

If you do have houses in both locations, then yes its your choice.

But those who live in only Delhi and hence use Delhi roads, pay your taxes for them.
Old 16th November 2007, 15:29   #19

After much deliberation I have decided to purchase car in Delhi only. I have been informed that if the car meets with an accident in Delhi then it will be referred to Gurgaon court as it is registered there only. Also cops keep an eye on outstation cars.

However, a saving of 20K by no means is a small amount!!!

Note from mod: Do not use FONT and SIZE tags
Old 16th February 2009, 23:51   #20

Finance car from delhi and register it from Haryana

Hi guys this is my first post in Team BHP forums so don't know if it is a appropriate place to ask this question or not, it seems to be the most likely place for such a question.
I have purchased a fiat linea financed by HDFC from delhi and i want to register it from haryana. My father is on govt job and allotted a govt flat in delhi. As accommodation in delhi is on name of my father so all the residence proofs are on his name only (allotment letter, electricity bill etc). I have resident proofs of haryana for my permanent residence. Secondly I am working in a IT firm in delhi therefore financed the car from delhi. Now after the loan is disbursed and car is ready for delivery the dealer tells me that he cant register car in haryana so m strucked in both ways as i cant register in delhi because i don't have residence proof for delhi and dealer denies to register it in haryana.

Is there some way out so that i can get my car registered from haryana after purchasing it from delhi. This is for the first time I've bought a car so have no idea how the process goes. Please help me out.
Thanks in advance for your valuable time and advice.
Old 17th February 2009, 08:44   #21
BHPian

Take your car to the Gurgaon RTO (Mini Secretariat) and get hold of some agent there, he will get it done.
Old 17th February 2009, 09:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new purchase man! Do post pics of your car and also share your driving, dealer & servicing experiences.

Since you possess proof of permanent residence in Haryana, getting the car registered there will not be a problem. There's only one extra document that you'll require - a certificate issued by the Haryana Sales Tax office - that's mandatory for cars bought outside Haryana. I had bought my Adventure from Delhi and had to get that certificate made before registering the car at Ballabgarh.

The registration procedure is quite straight forward and well-explained on display boards at the SDMs' offices. If you are willing to spend some time, you don't really require a tout or your dealer's assistance. I registered my car on my own and faced absolutely no problems. Didn't have to bribe anyone at the registration office either.

Best of luck!
Old 17th February 2009, 13:38   #23

Thanks for your valuable comments and time buddies.
Directinjection: Sure buddy I'll post reviews shortly just waiting for first service.
Old 17th February 2009, 13:44   #24

Thanks for your valuable comments and time buddies.
directinjection: Thanks man, will surly post my revies as m waiting for first service.
Old 17th February 2009, 18:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

@directinjection- well we bought ours from Delhi and registered in faridabad however no extra certificate was provided by us and they also didnt asked for one.
Old 18th February 2009, 01:24   #26
BHPian

Will the residence proof of your father along with your relationship proof (PAN Card) not work for Delhi registration? Or else get a list of acceptable resi proofs from Delhi RTO (you can check their site) and see if any can be made. See if there is a scope for some notarised / attested resi proof doc.

Otherwise buying from one state and registration in other should not be a problem at all. Your loan is already approved by the bank and they wouldnt have any objection if you register in Gurgaon so if dealer has a problem, simply change your dealer.

P.S. One thing isnt clear if you have already taken the delivery. If not then even if the loan is disbursed, you can talk it out with the bank. Ultimately its their risk also if the car is sold and not duly registered.
Old 15th August 2010, 02:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for digging up an old thread but creating a new one for a separate make car wouldn't have been apt. I got the following query from my cousin, which he desires to be brainstormed by fellow BHPians:

I am planning to buy a SKODA LAURA 1.8 TSI. I have option of getting my car registered in Haryana though I stay in Delhi which does have a cost advantage. I want to know following:

1. Would i have difficulty in selling the car later since I live in Delhi? Would the buyer have to be also from HR?
2. Is this true that HR registered cars have a poor resale value compared to Delhi (Obviously car is bought cheaper than Delhi but apart from that is there any other reason)?
3.I save around a Lac rupees if it is regsitered in HR so what do you feel is it worth it to chose HR over Delhi?

Guys, I look forward to your answers.
Old 15th August 2010, 06:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi. Can someone please help me with this road tax differences I'm encountering at team-BHP threads and Haryana RTO website?
As per what I've read in some posts, road tax comes out to be 2% or more in Gurgaon for cars under 10lacs but Haryana transport website, it is 1% for cars costing between 6-10lacs.
Isn't Gurgaon supposed to have the same road tax as haryana or does Gurgaon follow its own road tax slab?
Does anybody know if this information is correct or outdated:

http://hartrans.gov.in/rc.htm

Are the registration charges still the same in Haryana as listed on this website? (Many Govt websites are outdated at times)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks