Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2007, 13:35   #1

SWIFT - Delhi Registration V/s Gurgaon Registration

I am getting SWIFT VDI at 5,50,000 in Delhi while the same is available at 5,30,000 in Gurgaon, a saving of almost 20K!!!.

Just wanting to check if there are any problems with Haryana registration no. I stay in Delhi & the car will be driven only on Delhi roads. I inquired the same from the dealer and I have been informed that incase the traffic cop inpounds registration papers (for whatever reason) then the owner has to collect the same from District court in Gurgaon.

If there are no associated issues then why don't people purchase cars fron Gurgoan / Noida only???

Regards
PS:- Which is the best Maruti Dealer in NCR region?
Old 4th November 2007, 19:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Cost my boy cost, but if you stay and drive in delhi, register it there only
Old 4th November 2007, 20:06   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarunl View Post
I am getting SWIFT VDI at 5,50,000 in Delhi while the same is available at 5,30,000 in Gurgaon, a saving of almost 20K!!!.

Just wanting to check if there are any problems with Haryana registration no. I stay in Delhi & the car will be driven only on Delhi roads. I inquired the same from the dealer and I have been informed that incase the traffic cop inpounds registration papers (for whatever reason) then the owner has to collect the same from District court in Gurgaon.

If there are no associated issues then why don't people purchase cars fron Gurgoan / Noida only???

Regards
PS:- Which is the best Maruti Dealer in NCR region?
Hey, It doesn't really make any difference except when you wanna sell it , HR registered cars have a slightly lower resale value . But if you looking for instant saving then you can very easily go in for Gurgaon registeration .

Cheers
Old 5th November 2007, 01:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely agree with khaadu. Delhi is a large enough resale market, so better prices and more ease.
Old 5th November 2007, 09:50   #5
LLL
BHPian

Also, to register the car in haryana, you would need residence proof there. If you have one, you can register the car in haryana. you will save quite an amount on registration. I think resale of ggn/fbd cars wont matter in a few years time as gurgaon will become a central hub with manesar, daruhera becoming satellite towns.

There is a similar problem faced by folks in NYC. The insurance costs are very high in new york city and are comparitively cheap in New Jersey. so many folks try to get their car registered in NJ eventhough they live in nyc.
Old 5th November 2007, 10:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
Also, to register the car in haryana, you would need residence proof there. If you have one, you can register the car in haryana. you will save quite an amount on
Even proof process is not very tough, if you have landline, even an airtel landline, thats good enough. and saving is huge.

Safari Ex, registration cost is almost 25K less in Gurgaon

Last edited by rkbharat : 5th November 2007 at 10:23.
Old 5th November 2007, 11:00   #7
BHPian

Hi, over time the extra cost will justify itself. You will get the same extra when you are selling your car.

Otherwise from an operational point of view there's no issue whether it's a Delhi or a Gurgaon registration number.

But you will need an address proof of Gurgaon to get the car registered.
Old 5th November 2007, 11:00   #8
BHPian

totally agreed with RK. If you can, register in Haryana and save some cash (20k is no mean sum) and there isn't a problem in driving or for that matter keeping a HR registered car in Delhi (heck I know of people who have a JH registered car in Delhi for the last 3 years and nothing has happened thus far).
Old 5th November 2007, 12:07   #9
Team-BHP Support

Why is this not called cheating?

The correct title for this thread must be,
How to save money on your registration costs, by using illegal means.
Old 5th November 2007, 17:23   #10
BANNED

Tarunl
You'll not get Smart card in haryana as compared to delhi registration .
Old 5th November 2007, 17:33   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I inquired the same from the dealer and I have been informed that incase the traffic cop inpounds registration papers (for whatever reason) then the owner has to collect the same from District court in Gurgaon.
It depends on which traffic cop impounds it - if it is a Delhi cop, you'll have to go to Kapashera to collect your papers, not a district court in Gurgaon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Why is this not called cheating?
The correct title for this thread must be,
How to save money on your registration costs, by using illegal means.
Why should it be? You could have addresses both in Delhi & Gurgaon - in those circumstances which one would you use to buy a new car? Especially when the differences in on-road prices could be quite a bit

Last edited by suman : 5th November 2007 at 17:37.
Old 5th November 2007, 17:59   #12

[quote=LLL;616938]Also, to register the car in haryana, you would need residence proof there. If you have one, you can register the car in haryana. you will save quite an amount on registration. I think resale of ggn/fbd cars wont matter in a few years time as gurgaon will become a central hub with manesar, daruhera becoming satellite towns.

I agree!!! Resale value for a vechile registered in Gurgaon won't be such an issue after 3-5 yrs. In any case I am planning to kep my vechile for atleast 4-5 yrs. Instant saving of 20K can be used in Stock market which these days is giving phenomenal returns.

Just wanted to check what all documents to get a car from Gurgaon. I stay in Delhi but a cousin of mine stays in Gurgaon (Guess I won't like to get vechile registered in his name). How to go abt it??? Please suggest
Old 5th November 2007, 18:02   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Tarunl
You'll not get Smart card in haryana as compared to delhi registration .
Smart Card??? What is it and what purpose does it serve?
Old 6th November 2007, 08:14   #14
BHPian

Delhi se lo...

Quote:
Smart Card??? What is it and what purpose does it serve?
The RC is like a credit card with a magnetic strip. Handy
But if you ask me, go for Delhi registration. I am from Haryana too and got my new Swift VDI just 10 days ago from Delhi. No hassles at all in getting numbers etc at Delhi. And yes, resale is higher. Haryana NOC system is very tedious when you sell your car. It's very very simple in Delhi. Haryana cars are not very preffered while selling. I had a hard time selling my Indica from Haryana in Delhi.

I bought my Swift from Saya Motors. For any details, contact me.

Anmol
anmolbedi@gmail.com
+91-9212033505
Old 6th November 2007, 09:01   #15
BHPian

Just wanted to check what all documents to get a car from Gurgaon. I stay in Delhi but a cousin of mine stays in Gurgaon (Guess I won't like to get vechile registered in his name). How to go abt it??? Please suggest[/quote]

You would need a Residence proof and a identity proof. And best would be a landline/electricity bill for residence. If you can get a affidavit prepared with a magistrate's signature on it stating that you are a resident of gurgaon, that would be the best with all above docs... no one will have any objection then.... still I would say go for Delhi... NOC process in haryana is a mess... I have gone thru the same thats why... then one realises saving of 20,000 but 3-5 months waiting for a NOC... you cant sell your car without a NOC.

Most Viewed