Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2007, 08:30   #1
BHPian

Motorcraft Noida - Swift service

Hi guys,

completed 1000+ on my swift last week and took my baby for 1st service @ MotorCraft in Noida. Had great reviews and comments about them. so I thought why not give a try... I was told Rohan and vipul motors are bad big time... Rohan motors engineers even mangle and replace swift parts...

Well, the experience at Motorcraft was very good. I was there at 9.15am and was 4th in the que. I was attended within 1 minute and within 10 minutes my car's belongings were put in a locker and the person took the car and loaded in the que. They have a very nice system of taking cars in que -> Washing -> top-up/oil changes -> rubbing/wax -> leave at a place. Then an engineer comes and thoroughly checks the doors, lights etc, opens bonnet and cleans out with air pressure pipe in hand. After that a head engineer comes and takes test drive of the vehicle and then comes back and car is taken for final touchups. They did a fantastic job of cleaning... losing on some very small places which I guided them. They did all without uttering a word and always smiles. I liked their attitude.

Then the engineer came and gave me bill and asked me fetch the gatepass and bill meanwhile he got the car ready at the gate for my test ride. The bill was 666/- for 3.7 Litres of Engine oil. And then test ride and it was such a smooth one.... And then feedback form and good-bye...

I hope you too like Motorcraft for Maruti service.

Anmol
Old 6th November 2007, 09:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

what, engine oil change at 1000KM, is it mentioned in the service book?

your bill should be 0 Rs at first service

Last edited by rkbharat : 6th November 2007 at 09:39.
Old 6th November 2007, 09:41   #3
BHPian

same cost for me for my swift service at Bimal Whitefield.
Old 6th November 2007, 14:38   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post

You can ask not to change. It is up to you to get it changed if you want to keep your car in first class condition. Otherwise people are changing at 10K interval.

it is better to change the oil at first 1000 to remove any small metal parts and after that do it after 5K for standard oil and with better grade-change can be done after 10K to 15K in indian condition.

No harm in changing the oil at 1000. Do or not to do, up to you only.

Last edited by vivek_pinkoo : 6th November 2007 at 14:40.
Old 7th November 2007, 14:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
The bill was 666/- for 3.7 Litres of Engine oil.
Anmol
3.7L of oil, should not be more than 3.1 or 3.2L the engine oil capacity itself is 3.3L. They have either filled in too much or they are ripping you of with 50 Rs. extra. If it is former please get some oil drained. Excess oil in engine is also bad.
Old 7th November 2007, 14:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post

Yes there is a change of engine oil in first service and yes it is mentioned in the Car Manual.
Old 7th November 2007, 14:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek_pinkoo View Post
You can ask not to change. It is up to you to get it changed if you want to keep your car in first class condition. Otherwise people are changing at 10K interval.

it is better to change the oil at first 1000 to remove any small metal parts and after that do it after 5K for standard oil and with better grade-change can be done after 10K to 15K in indian condition.

No harm in changing the oil at 1000. Do or not to do, up to you only.
No this is not correct. If you don't change the oil in 1st service then you are deviating from the prescribed service requirement and the warranty would be void. Not at all recommended.
Old 7th November 2007, 17:11   #8
BHPian

Motorcraft is among the best for Marut . Service I have seen. Amazing people and they take good care of car. Good place if you are in Noida / East Delhi .
Old 12th May 2011, 19:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: Motorcraft Noida - Swift service

Old thread but had some feedback to report.

Six months ago (Nov 2010), I had got my WagonR serviced at Motocraft (sec 63) Noida. Apart from regular service, both front suspension (shock absorbers) were changed (58000kms). Last week I noticed some noise coming from the front right suspension. I thought maybe it was a defective bush and asked PASCO (Gurgaon) to change it. They reported the suspension as defective.

Took the car back to Motocraft on Monday. 2-3 SA took test drives and confirmed it was the suspension. I told them that this was replaced by them 6 months and 4000 kms ago and if i have to pay I will change it elsewhere and file a complaint. The supervisor Abhishek was cooperative and told me that he will need 2 days to take up the matter with someone higher up or supplier (Maruti?). Called him on Wednesday and he told he will get back to me in a few minutes. And he did. Went to their service center today and the suspension was replaced free of cost. Their was some communication gap with another supervisor (as Abhishek was on leave today) but were solved after I gave Abhishek another call.

All in all, the experience was as good as it can get in India. No long arguments/threats. No long delays (3 days since I reported it to them). I was pleased with their process.

Overall, I do feel their car servicing could be better, as after a service I didn't feel the car as serviced (i.e. smoother). It did feel like that this time when I got it done from Pasco but I will give them another chance.

Last edited by asr245 : 12th May 2011 at 19:50.
Old 23rd November 2011, 01:53   #10

Re: Motorcraft Noida - Swift service

I own a Swift VXI 2009 model. I work in Noida, but always got my car serviced from a dealer in my hometown, Vineet Motors, Aligarh, as my family knows the dealer for quite long time. Moreover, my driver got it serviced under his supervision.

But this time, my car was smelling for some reason, and major service was needed as mileage has reached 20,000 KMs. So I had to get it serviced in Noida or Ghaziabad. Based on good feedback about Motorcraft in this forum and some others, I decided to go their service center nearest to me - C-125, Sector -63. Although I was skeptical, given the experience my frinds have had in Delhi and Noida. One got his driver seat replaced in some authorized center, and another got a part which was taken from other car.

Reached at 8:30 AM, and my car was the first in queue
Technicians reached around 9, but the advisers (Mr Rawat and Mr. Dubey) was available at 8:30 AM, and took a test drive. Suggested that clutch needs to be adjusted, and blower fan needs to be cleaned. He suggested that I get Synthetic oil which is better, but it depends on me. I agreed to him as I have read in various thread on team-bhp. Engine oil, Gear oil, Brake Oil, Air filter, oil Filter, Fuel filter were to be replaced. Later technician (Vijay) found that fuel filter was okay so no need to replace it. About 3.5 lt of Engine oil was consumed from the Oil Can, and I was charged only for the 3.5 lt.

Rear right parking light and number plate lights were not working, and electrician tried to find fix it. But as there was huge traffic jam due to some oil tanked lying on road in Sec 51/60, he was the only electrician available today. So he suggested that I come in next day, as he will have to check complete wiring. I would like to mention that my car got infested by rats while i was in US for couple of months, which was probably the reason for wiring problem. So he returned all 3 replacements bulbs to Store, and I was not charged to labor(electrician)/bulbs.

Rubbing, polishing, and dry cleaning was impeccable and to my satisfaction.

Advisers frequently checked the progress and quality of jobs being done on my car, which I think was great.

Alignment and wheel balancing was done, and then during 2nd test drive was found to be deficient. It was fixed again, and again test driven to satisfaction.

Although I was standing my may car whole time, but I found that all other cars, whose owner were not present in workshop, were also being taken care of equally well.

All the technical / supervisory staff competes among themselves and without much noise to get the things done.
I found these guys genuine and concerned, which I found lacking at Fast Track in Sector -63, Noida, given my experience. They did a shoddy paint job and also dilly-dallying in billing and workmanship.
Kudos to Motorcraft.
Very satisfying experience.
hatchbacker is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks