Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2007, 13:55   #1
BHPian

Is this a good deal ? Going for Tata Safari 2.2 EX

Hi All,

Finally, I've made up my mind for Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4*2.

I took a test drive yesterday from Prerna Motors, bangalore.

The name of the person from Prerna is Praveen.
They are not offering any cash discount. He said he will give me the mud flaps, floor mat (front, back and middle), film for the glasses (he said it will be international quality but did not give me the name), Front guard for 12000/-. I did not like the speakers and the CD MP3 unit. He said he will exchange them with other options available at his showroom with JBL speakers.

Do you think this is a good deal ? Can anyone share there experiences with getting the deals...not only from Prerna but from other dealers (concorde and manipal)...

If you think something can be added in the list..please let me know...I am planning to purchase the macho machine in Decemer.

Thanks

Avi
Old 19th November 2007, 15:26   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avin View Post
Hi All,

Finally, I've made up my mind for Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4*2.

I took a test drive yesterday from Prerna Motors, bangalore.

The name of the person from Prerna is Praveen.
They are not offering any cash discount. He said he will give me the mud flaps, floor mat (front, back and middle), film for the glasses (he said it will be international quality but did not give me the name), Front guard for 12000/-. I did not like the speakers and the CD MP3 unit. He said he will exchange them with other options available at his showroom with JBL speakers.

Do you think this is a good deal ? Can anyone share there experiences with getting the deals...not only from Prerna but from other dealers (concorde and manipal)...

If you think something can be added in the list..please let me know...I am planning to purchase the macho machine in Decemer.

Thanks

Avi

I think you are getting the best deal as of now. Ask him to include extended warranty also.

I got only extended warranty waived off + Floor Mat+Mud Flap.
Old 19th November 2007, 16:07   #3
BHPian

Since I am new to bangalore...I am not aware of repo of Prerna Motors...do you think they are dependable...or should I also check with other dealers in Bangalore ??

Please let me know...thanks

Avi
Old 19th November 2007, 16:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Asking for Extended Warranty is surely better option than the bullbar though Extended Warranty should cost somewhere around 7K.

so please ask them to give you Extended Warranty and Seat covers etc if they think that their bullbar is worth 12k(i doubt it seriously unless its a carryboy type and very gud quality)

otherwise bullbars are useless,dangerous,can affect the car a lot in case of accident and change safe driving habbits.

otherwise get some gud quality music system and speakers from them in liew of the difference amount i.e. 5k.
Old 19th November 2007, 16:28   #5
BHPian

Good Deal for sure!

This is a good deal, freebies! wow. In Pune I don't think any of the dealers are giving any freebies I just got the matts free and tried haggling for the Mudflap but didn't work. I guess the sales guys sensed that I was going to buy the Beast anyways and didn't care a lot for their free accessories as usually you never know what quality comes your way in freebies.

All in all looks like a juicy deal from where I am sitting

cheers!
Old 19th November 2007, 16:38   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Asking for Extended Warranty is surely better option than the bullbar though Extended Warranty should cost somewhere around 7K.

so please ask them to give you Extended Warranty and Seat covers etc if they think that their bullbar is worth 12k(i doubt it seriously unless its a carryboy type and very gud quality)

otherwise bullbars are useless,dangerous,can affect the car a lot in case of accident and change safe driving habbits.

otherwise get some gud quality music system and speakers from them in liew of the difference amount i.e. 5k.
Extended warranty comes for Rs : 5950.
BullBars (Front and Rear would cost you not more than 6K good quality. They not useless. They are very usefull in city condition where any car can come and give a scratch. This will prevent.

Since they are saying bullbars comes for 12 K , Ask them other things of the same value (Warranty+Seat COver+Gear Lock) whose prices are (5950+6000+900) respectively..

I doubt they ould agree to this. But you should give a try. Tell them its of the same value
Old 19th November 2007, 16:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

You can extract slightly more, ask for a reverse parking sensor with distance indicator in RVM in lieu of bullbar and/or a Safari cover(more useful).

OEM safari bullbar costs around 9k, so they should fill-in for the rest of the amount with other accessories.

Also ask them not to put the Sunfilm on the backdoor glass since EX has demister and incase you need to take off the film due to unpredictable Delhi law on sunfilm, it will tear away the demister along with it.
Old 19th November 2007, 16:52   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Also ask them not to put the Sunfilm on the backdoor glass since EX has demister and incase you need to take off the film due to unpredictable Delhi law on sunfilm, it will tear away the demister along with it.
One of the most important tip/suggestion. I wonder how many people would have even thought of this.

@Avin: One question though, your profile says Gurgaon! Why did you take the TD and talk to dealers in Bangalore?

Last edited by SumitB : 19th November 2007 at 16:54.
Old 19th November 2007, 17:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Probably he has moved to bglr, didnt notice that earlier. bangalore doesnt have such laws but still to be on safe side, dont get it on the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
@Avin: One question though, your profile says Gurgaon! Why did you take the TD and talk to dealers in Bangalore?
Avin, are you a corporate buyer or pulling up a loan.
Old 19th November 2007, 17:45   #10
BHPian

Quote:
You can extract slightly more, ask for a reverse parking sensor with distance indicator in RVM in lieu of bullbar and/or a Safari cover(more useful).

OEM safari bullbar costs around 9k, so they should fill-in for the rest of the amount with other accessories.

the guy from Prerna said that I can get reverse indicator on the back view mirror (as available in VX) with EX as well..he said it will cost somewhere around 20000/-. I am not sure if it will be better than the reverse parking sensor or not...
I've dropped the idea of bullbar after suggestions from everyone...and thanks for the suggestion on film on backdoor....never thought on that...

Avi
Old 19th November 2007, 17:46   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
One of the most important tip/suggestion. I wonder how many people would have even thought of this.

Dadu guessed it right...I've moved to Bangalore..

Avi
Old 19th November 2007, 17:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Extended warranty comes for Rs : 5950.
BullBars (Front and Rear would cost you not more than 6K good quality. They not useless. They are very usefull in city condition where any car can come and give a scratch. This will prevent.

Since they are saying bullbars comes for 12 K , Ask them other things of the same value (Warranty+Seat COver+Gear Lock) whose prices are (5950+6000+900) respectively..

I doubt they ould agree to this. But you should give a try. Tell them its of the same value
Thanks abbey4u...I'll give it a try...

Avi
Old 19th November 2007, 19:38   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Probably he has moved to bglr, didnt notice that earlier. bangalore doesnt have such laws but still to be on safe side, dont get it on the back.

Avin, are you a corporate buyer or pulling up a loan.
Dadu, as you mentioned that even you are planning for EX....are you going on loan from banks?

Today someone from Prerna motors called...she said that she handles Tata Finance, ICICI and HDFC..

I asked for 2 options...one with 2 Lakhs downpayment and another with 3 lakhs downpayment...

Below is what she told me for EX...4*2

For 2 Lakhs downpayment:
For 3 years, the EMI will be 25568/- with interest rates of 11.5% with 1 EMI in advance

For 5 years, The EMI will be 17394/- with interest rates of 12.50 reducing..

For 3 Lakhs downpayment:
For 3 years, the EMI will be 22618/- with interest rates of 11.5%
For 5 years, the EMI will be 15387/- with interest rates of 12.5%

Also included are the post processing charges

Tata Finance = 2550/-
HDFC = 1950 + .1% of loan amount
ICICI = 2090/-

For all of them there will be a preclosure charges of 5% :(

I think that I should also check with some National banks to look for a better deal for finance...

Avi
Old 19th November 2007, 21:31   #14

Interest rates offerd in Mumbai

Wasan Motors in Mumbai initially offered me, with ICICI, 13.75% and 20,000 discount. On dismissing that by saying that I have a personal loan at 14%, the salesman immediately reduced it to 11.50% but no discount. What do you think? I think, 10.5% is definitely gettable.
Old 20th November 2007, 08:18   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souryab View Post
Wasan Motors in Mumbai initially offered me, with ICICI, 13.75% and 20,000 discount. On dismissing that by saying that I have a personal loan at 14%, the salesman immediately reduced it to 11.50% but no discount. What do you think? I think, 10.5% is definitely gettable.

Yeah...10.5% is definetly gettable....
I told the lady yesterday that I've an existing car loan with ICICI...but she didn't considered it and sticked to what she suggested...

Avi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks