TOTAL[ L+P
Fuel filter 21922.05 ? was it a typo?
If not then That's exhoribiant price
I feel it should be fuel pump
Old 21st November 2007, 14:04   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^Not required I assume. Can't say for sure. Wheel alignment/balancing is done at every service and the cost is included in labour charges. I must add the cost of the 100000km service which is substantial.

100000 kms service
Oil Filter 142.41
Engine Oil 713.868
Fuel Filter 21922.05
Belt Valve Timing 3503.69
Belt P/s 2954.25
Belt-Alt&others 946.37
Gear Oil 625
Total Parts Price 30807.638
Labour Chgs 1928.5
TOTAL[ L+P] 32736.138

Hi,

I must say I am very impressed by the person who gave this and the other estimates. The way I see it what these figures translate to is in 1 Lac Kms

1> No need for any suspension parts to be changed
2> No need for any brake pads, liners or discs to be changed
3> No need for any clutch plate change
4> No need to change tyres

Do you guys really buy all this. With our road conditions and the way most Tbhpians drive the Indian car and person who can do without the above in India deserves an award.

Viper
Old 21st November 2007, 14:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

^^ those are service costs ..not the running cost , you can shred the tyres in one month or one year , same the brake pads ,same in case of clutch plates . I believe those should not be considered here .
Old 21st November 2007, 16:15   #34
BANNED

My reasoning: Its Cedia's looks.
Lancer was a terrific looker. Cedia looks like a old gen Lancer, something from 80s. Due to this, nobody wants to own this car. Lancer created such goodwill for Mitsubishi in India, but Cedia lost it all.
To be specific, Mitsubishi should start rework from the C-Pillar & boot in Cedia.
http://img.fropper.com/z/blog-images...-blog-3521.jpg
http://img.fropper.com/z/blog-images...-blog-3522.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I am also at my wits end to figure out why such a great car is a me too product everywhere across the world, and languishes near about the middle to bottom of segment sales.
Old 21st November 2007, 17:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

That was probably the only comment here about Cedia's looks... This Cedia is 2007's New Lancer in Gulf... The latest look of Lancer...!!!

Well, if Cedia looks like old gen Lancer and its not selling due to that, Check out Ford Fiesta... it looks the same as any of those sized fords and you would never be able to tell which year that model came out... Like our own good old Amby.s...
Old 21st November 2007, 17:09   #36
BANNED

Lancer Story Mitsubishi Lancer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
First generation
Second generation
Third Generation
Fourth Generation
Fifth Generation
Sixth Generation
Seventh Generation
Eighth Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
That was probably the only comment here about Cedia's looks... This Cedia is 2007's New Lancer in Gulf... The latest look of Lancer...!!!
Latest need not be the good, if not the best.

Last edited by diabloo : 21st November 2007 at 17:13.
Old 21st November 2007, 17:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Diabloo, So, the Cedia in India is just 7th Generation Lancer, while the Eighth Generation has been launched in this year, as 2008 Models...

So, do you agree that this model is definitely not an Old Gen Lancer.. The Eigth Gen lancer hasn't even come to Gulf until July this year...
Old 21st November 2007, 17:45   #38
BANNED

Cedia, though new-gen, looks like an old-gen car - compare with Civic, Corolla, Optra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Cedia looks like a old gen Lancer, something from 80s.
Quote:
So, do you agree that this model is definitely not an Old Gen Lancer..
Old 22nd November 2007, 09:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

So, thats what you wanted to mean.. Now I got it...
Its OK. Now, the sleek aerolines with sharp edges are coming back again...
Example: Toyota - Camry 1999 model was straight edges and angles - no curved aerodynamics.
Then in 2003-2004, all car makers resorted to totally cruved aerodynamics and no straight edges.
Now a combo of straight lines and curves is in vogue. (Hondas never changed their design to adopt curved areodynamics.. they always believe in straight line aerolines...)
All said and done, the world leader in designing and redesigning cars and setting the trends is undoubtedly Mercedez Benz and everyone else just follow the suit (Including BMW and Toyota...) Example: the Headlights..
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All said and done, the world leader in designing and redesigning cars and setting the trends is undoubtedly Mercedez Benz and everyone else just follow the suit (Including BMW and Toyota...) Example: the Headlights..
I disagree with you over here .
They were definitely good till 1996 but later on they lost their touch with the w210 .Though 211 onwards they again started looking great but the boot part is still a problem.
The headlight design is radical but simply not elegant enough infact if you compare designs of the latest gen cars from the stables of MB , BMW and Audi . According to me ,In the upper segment A8 (e-l-e-gant)wins hands down , 5 series looks better than E-class and the new C - Class is filled with cluttered lines and the boot simply doesnt exude that well finished look that the previous gen C-class had. In comparison the A4 and BMW 3 series looks way better.

Please have a look into the interior of the latest gen S class and the 7 series . If you still feel MB sets a bench mark design wise then perhaps I may be wrong.

Last edited by maxbhp : 22nd November 2007 at 10:21.
Old 22nd November 2007, 10:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

Of course, i agree with you. And thats why I gave you the example of Headlights. When Merc went with Square lights, all followed. When they went with Oval lights, the same happened. WHen they went with FIsh eyes or angel eyes all followed.
Even if you check the rear lights of MB, BMW and Lexus of the same class, MB started with streamlined with white/Red/White stripped modular rear lights and other two came up with the same design.
However, the rear lights look - Of course all others kind of subdue Merc in that segment. Check out Renaults and Paegeots. Classy and sexy looking rear lights. Mazda scored top with its Fish Eye type rear lights in 2005.
You are right in case of interiors as well.
I was in general talking about trend setting in overall design philosophy of straight line bodies versus rounded bodies.
Old 22nd November 2007, 14:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

By the way Rajah , am an ILC member too . The art of driving exemplified by RALLI ART !
Old 22nd November 2007, 15:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

"ILC"... Man..! it took few minutes for me to decipher thaaat...

Yes.. RalliArt is great machine and surprisingly Ford is also making great in-roads in Rallying along with Citroen... Good machines those are too...
Old 22nd November 2007, 16:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Are we still talking about Cedia Service costs ?
Old 22nd November 2007, 16:07   #45
Senior - BHPian

Too many offtopic posts... mods please delete them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks