Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2007, 15:56   #1

Need Info about Good Maruti Dealer in Bangalore

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a new Swift VXI. Thought there are many Maruti Dealers in bangalore, but really dont have much info on which is a better out of the lot!
I came to know that Garuda got the Maruti Dealership and have stopped dealing GM cars (from one of the teambhp threads). They are telling that they will give me the delivery of the vehicle within 10 days (they tell they have good color stock and many are in transit). I am in urgent need of the car, can i beleive the garuda guy?
What all accessories generally are given by the dealer for free?
He says the corporate discount is only 2.5k, is this true (all the maruti dealers say the same)?
I am applying the SBI car loan and getting the interest rate of 11.25%, is this good?
Please guide!

Avinash
Old 3rd December 2007, 09:29   #2

Hi All,

I searched for similar posting and got to know some information. Sorry for posting a new thread again.

However, i couldnt get any information about Garuda as a Dealer?

I went to RNS yesterday, they said no discount, only corporate discount that too worth 2.5k :(. And they offered on the basic accessories, like mud flaps, door mats, god idol, dickey mat, steering leather cover and a perfume.
And they said only two colors are readily available copper and gold for others there is a waiting time of 4-6 weeks.

Later instead of going to another dealer i called up pratham (queens road) and spoke with one Kishan. He told he has the azure grey vxi model which i am looking for and if you do the booking tomorrow they will book it in my name, with the chasis number of the vehicle and it would be delivered with 5-7 days! however he didnt mention anything about the accessories. Can i believe the sales guy?? I have read a lot about the sales guys promising the delivery and then we come to know that the vehicle will be booked in some others name!

Also, that garuda sales guy hemanth, promised all the basic accessories plus sun film, central locking (in lieu of corporate discount)? he says he has a red color (which is in my wish list) in stock and he would be able to deliver it in 5-7 days!!

please let me know what all accessories can be bargained with Swift vxi?
I have to book the vehicle very soon and your kind help/suggestions would help me in getting the best deal.
New swift owners, please help!

Thanks,
Avinash
Old 3rd December 2007, 13:52   #3
BHPian

Hi nash1980,
Welcome to T-BHP. I just bought a new WagonR Lxi. Go to Kalyani Motors on Mysore Road and ask for Varadaraj. He gives good deals and treats good to customer. He can be contacted at 9900599925. You can refer my name as Kiran. Never go to RNS Yeshwantpur again. I had a very bad experience while searching for my car. The manager(don't know his name) treated very rudely(even though he didn't say any!) and didn't care for a potential customer while this fellow at Kalyani was very polite.

Don't take me wrong... I don't think any dealers are providing any freebies for Swift as all of them have waiting periods upto 6 months!

All the best.

Regards,
Ramki.

Last edited by ramki067 : 3rd December 2007 at 13:55.
Old 3rd December 2007, 14:35   #4
BHPian

At the launch of Swift Diesel...Swift Petrol was giving upto 40,000/- discounts...Not sure if they still have the same ....

Mandovi Motors and BIMAL...closer to JP nagar are also good..
Old 3rd December 2007, 15:51   #5
BHPian

Do you want to refer this thread? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...re-voting.html

Even though it's about service, buying also matters from them. You can find out who voted for which dealer to enquire them more details, HTH.
Old 3rd December 2007, 16:39   #6
BHPian

Check Mandovi Motors too.
Old 3rd December 2007, 17:17   #7
BHPian

Hi Nash..
If the car is not too urgent.. wait till Jan 08. You 'll be getting a 2008 model. That 'll change the market value of the car, during a resale.
Old 3rd December 2007, 23:15   #8

Thanks for the information

I went to pratham (queens road) and mandovi (lavalle road). I got to know from one of the sales person regarding the new discounts on swift for december. As December is the month when the sales would be down, the company might come up with some good discounts.
So will wait till this weekend and check out if any good discounts are there, moreover it seems like the waiting period has reduced from 6weeks to 2-3 weeks! any insiders confirmation on the same?

@raajks
right now there is not discount except the corporate discount that too of mere 2.5k. I checked this out at all the dealers in bangalore. They are hesitant to give freebies accessories and even for a sun film they are cribbing so much

Hope waiting for few more days might get me a good deal.

@aby.sam
i am also aware of this fact and after my friends suggestion i would not do the registration immediately will have a temporary registration till jan08.
How does it sounds?
Old 4th December 2007, 10:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Buying a car or choosing a dealer is not a big deal, it is the maintenance of the car after buying that matters...
Generally in Bangalore the dealers are good, BIMAL is popular because of its highest volumes...

I would suggest you to call up 2-3 dealers near your house (Bimal, Mandovi is a must to call) and try to strike a deal with them...The one whose deal suits you, just go for him...

Abhi
Old 4th December 2007, 12:35   #10
BHPian

Yes, it is maintenance that matters. My suggestion is: buy with dealer who gives best deal and switch to one who offers best service.
Old 4th December 2007, 15:20   #11

Yeah, thats what i learned after reading many user comments.
Old 4th December 2007, 15:27   #12

Meanwhile as a general info, any idea as howz Garuda in sales and Services?
I couldnt get any info about that dealer in teamBHP.
If anyone could share their experience in dealing/service with him.

I see a number of Maruti dealers in bangalore. This one adds to one more!
Old 4th December 2007, 16:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you look at Kalyani Motors. They are new and will accommodate all your requests. Maintenance is a different aspect altogether. You may either go to the same dealer or go to any other dealer it is your choice.
Old 9th December 2007, 18:52   #14
BHPian

Have you booked the Swift? If yes, which dealer in Bangalore? Share the information on discounts and accessories provided.
Thanks.
Old 11th December 2007, 14:18   #15

Hi All,

I booked RED Swift on Friday. Zeroed in to Sagar auto, bannerghatta road, didnt get a great deal, but a ok one. Infact after I was done with the booking all the other dealers started calling me and talked about a better deal (which they were not aggreeing for before)

Discount: only 2.5k corporate discount and thats the same everywhere.
Accessories:
Basic (mud flaps, floor mats, dicky mat, god idol, stearing leather cover, ...)
+ Llumar sun film + MGA body cover
+ nippon central locking (5.5k extra, havent decided on it yet but maruti says the electric warranty would be void if you get autocop)

Well whts the price of Nippon central locking, is it really 5.5k or just the increased price?

I went through SBI which gives the best deal: 11.25% for 3-5 year loan plan. They say it would take 3 days for the loan processing! Cant depend on what SBI says, the wait might be more but its fine.

Also, i am planning to go with the temporary registration and the final one in Jan 08.
Hoping to get the car very soon.

Most Viewed