Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2007, 19:05   #16
BHPian

i talked to Wasan motors, final discount that they are willing to give for direct upfront payment is 30,000 ( i am not going for exchage or finance), the TATA 1 mio offer has exchange bonus, loyalty bonus, finance incentives etc clubbed together and hence 50,000 discount.

i feel its better to buy my own accessories than to take whatever they are offering, 8k discount (22 + 8 = 30) seems decent. what do you guys think ??

he was offering charcoal 20 as sunfilm = 1700 Rs
teflon (god know what quality)
melbo cotton seat covers (again i did not like them)
mudflaps + mud gaurds (very very bad quality)

i think taking 8k instead is much better.

these days they are offering coloured bumpers with the stile SL it seems, earlier they used to offer grey ones in SL and coloured in SLE & SLX.
Old 8th December 2007, 23:06   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Discounts for upfront is often lower than when you go in for finance.

Esp since you didnt like what he was giving, you can take the 8k, and go for what you like. Just that you will spend a little more that that when you get it done yourself.

Good to get body colored bumpers. Hope no addnl charges for that.
Old 9th December 2007, 22:03   #18
BANNED

I guess December is the best time of year for a vehicle purchase, huh!
Seems about right - last month of the year and hence, the dealership's tryin' to push sales, offering huge discounts.

Just curious...what might be the maximum discount you could avail of, when making an upfront payment?
Old 9th December 2007, 22:08   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta9 View Post
i think taking 8k instead is much better.
It is always to better to bargain for cash discount instead of dealer provided accessories. You can buy much more and more importantly, of your choice outside. Go for the cash discount anyday
Old 9th December 2007, 22:25   #20
BHPian

Here in Trivandrum they give discount of 30000/-.Yeah it is right time buy cars.
Old 9th December 2007, 22:36   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha View Post
I guess December is the best time of year for a vehicle purchase, huh!
Seems about right - last month of the year and hence, the dealership's tryin' to push sales, offering huge discounts.

Just curious...what might be the maximum discount you could avail of, when making an upfront payment?
, but IMO discounts on PALIO stile would continue till FIAT launches GP/Linea.
Old 10th December 2007, 13:35   #22
BANNED

Punto launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
, but IMO discounts on PALIO stile would continue till FIAT launches GP/Linea.
Yeah, about that...when does FIAT plan to introduce these models in the Indian markets? Anyone have an idea about the engine size and price tag that comes along with them (talking about the ones to be launched in India only) For instance, the Skoda Fabia intends launching only the 1.2 Petrol and 1.4 Diesel in India.
Old 17th December 2007, 23:42   #23
BHPian

booked the palio SL from Wasan Chembur, the sales guy said we need to go to the kalyan godown to have a look at the vehicle.

what i dont understand is that before registration is the vehicle not available for checking at the showroom ?? do i have to go all the way to thier out of city godown to take a look at the vehicle ??

also since i stay in Navi Mumbai the RTO is quite closer to my place and i asked him tht weather i coud keep the vehicle after it leaves kalyan godown for registration in Navi Mumbai. he said not possible... some gate pass needs to be made.

how long does it take for a vehicle to get registered ??
really confused.
Old 18th December 2007, 00:32   #24
BHPian

the car is currently in the Kalyan stockyard, do i have to go all the way to the stockyard or can i ask the dealer to have it ready for inspection at his showroom ??

after the checking, the sales guy says that it will go to the Navi Mumbai RTO, registration formalities will be finished and the car will head back to the stockyard, when all the paperwork is over the car will be ready for delivery,

so basically he is asking me to make the payment tommorow for the vehicle before the RTO process starts, will i have a say if there are any defects after i make the whole payment before registration ??

what is pre delivery check ?? if i don't like the car due to any reason do i have a right to reject it keeping in mind that the car is registered in my name, money is payed ??

please reply
Old 18th December 2007, 00:41   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta9 View Post
how long does it take for a vehicle to get registered ??
really confused.
Just wondering-

If they are treating like this before delivery, what would be the treatment for service and in worst case, damages or repairs? Hope you have made sure the quality of the dealership in these areas as well!
Old 18th December 2007, 01:00   #26
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : This kind of post is only inviting trouble. TROLLING is strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by GTO : 18th December 2007 at 10:08.
amitverma is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th December 2007, 03:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

yaar now you are acting like complete baiter.

Let people buy the car they feel like. Its anyways known that at service time, people get shoddy treatment. Atleast respect their decision instead of pure trolling/baiting posts. Candidate post for deletion!
Old 18th December 2007, 09:36   #28
BHPian

I plan to hold payment till i see the vehicle, will go to their out of city stockyard if need be, have a look at the vehicle, if everything is fine; will make the remaining payment, the vehicle will then go to RTO - get registered, will go to wasan motors wherever they like, then get the final delivery after whatever formalities they wish to complete. will do a final checking and then sign the delivery note and leave with the car.

sure i would have to wait but then i guess it will be worth it to wait.

is this fine ??

i went through the new car buying post etc, but a little confused please help me out.

Wasan motors is (i have heard) a good dealership for TATA cars, a lot of my friends have bought thier cars from this dealership. i hope it is good to me, dont want to have a bad experience. lets see
Old 18th December 2007, 15:03   #29
BHPian

they finally sent the car to my place to check the vehicle, i checked everything as listed on how to check the car before delivery thread.

everything seems fine, the vehicle was sent back to the stockyard (it was driven by an uncle, drove nicely i gave him 100 bucks and asked him to be nice to my baby)

will make the remaining payment today, the RTO process should start from tommorow and i hope i get hold of the car soon
Old 18th December 2007, 15:14   #30
BHPian

[img=http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5007/dsc00208zy0.jpg]

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5007/dsc00208zy0.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks