Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2007, 23:30   #1
BHPian

Booking a FIAT Palio SLE

Finally i have decided to go for the FIAT 1.1 SLE,
currently the TATA 1 Mio sales offer is running (some scratch card marketing)
the discount i am getting is 22,000 and some accessories are being thrown in:
1) door mats and flaps.
2) seat covers (not sure what kind)
3) Teflon coating
4) Sunscreen. some garware sunfilm supposedly worth 3800

Wasan and Shaman motors are offering them
i feel its a decent deal... what do you guys say ?? can i get something better ??

of all the dealers fortune cars was the worst experience, the sales man actually walked me to the gate after showing the car without talking about the costing etc. but i am pretty sure this was some rotten salesman gimmick to make me be at his mercy.
they are offering no freebies, at the max doormats and mudflaps.

i stay in Navi Mumbai, would have preferred fortune Nerul, but the freebies offered r not good at all,

could someone please tell me how much will a
1) left rear view mirror
2) side moldings
3) roof antenna
4) central console
for stile cost ??

Buying a Stile in Mumbai and registering it for Navi Mumbai .... will it cost me more, will face any problems ??

can i get the car serviced at any other FIAT-TATA dealer ?? or do i have to go to the same dealer from which i made the purchase ??

please reply thanks
Old 7th December 2007, 07:35   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats !

The celebration is upto 22 Dec. Suggest you hold off till after 15th before you book, just in case any additional discounts are offered. Have your car registered after Jan 1 - you will then have a 2008 model.

Dealers make a lot of money on these accessories. These accessories offered are standard - given almost all year round. Check with Mumbai TBHP-ians about for other places for accessories.

* The Garware sun-film may not cost that much. Check out options outside.
* Make sure what seat covers he is giving. If you dont like it, change it now.
* Get Under-body anti-rust coating.

Go through our threads on PDI.

You can get you servicing done at any dealer. So go ahead & buy it anywhere you want to.
Old 7th December 2007, 08:38   #3
Team-BHP Support

What made you decide on the Palio 1.1?
Could you share that thought process? Which all cars considered, and why narrowed down to the Stile 1.1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta9 View Post
3) Teflon coating
Please read the threads before going in for teflon coating. Its not so recommended here in team-bhp.
Quote:
4) Sunscreen. some garware sunfilm supposedly worth 3800
Garware classic, which is one of the better ranges Garware offers come to 1.5k around only. Make sure what they are offering, and the actual price of it in the market.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th December 2007 at 08:40.
Old 7th December 2007, 19:20   #4
BHPian

hey Delta9,

Good decision to buy Palio1.1.

There will not be any difference if you buy from Mumbai with Navi Mumbai registration. The dealer will get it registered with RTO as per your residence proof.

I got mine from Shaman. Process was smooth. If you can hold for another 2 days can try for some more discount as happen to know a very good sales person at Shaman. I will be back in India on Sunday. pm me on Monday or Tuesday. Will give you his name and Number.

Whats the price difference between SLE and SLX.
Old 7th December 2007, 19:40   #5
BHPian

Quote:
could someone please tell me how much will a
1) left rear view mirror
2) side moldings
3) roof antenna
4) central console
for stile cost ??
The price difference in SLE and SLX is 18k.
Why dont you go for SLX?
Old 7th December 2007, 20:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hmm,
If I recall the price list from Fortune, they had some funda like if you buy from Mumbai for registration in Navi Mumbai, they had some ~1% extra on some item. i forget which, but kindly read the items clearly. That was so for Indica DLG. Should be same for Palio, but again, plz check.
Old 7th December 2007, 20:39   #7
BHPian

firstly this car is being bought for dad, he is using an maruti 800 so need an upgrade, he has a driver...needed a good comfortable, safe, composed hatchback @4 lakhs max. was not looking for power windows or other such features as it would always be used air conditioned, and dad says no to it.
--- i guess this answers Mr Crazy driver question.

yes garware has cheaper sunfilms for 1000 bucks too, need to checkout what sunfilm is being offered.
i feel that the dealers are desperate to give better deals in the begining of the month and last months of the year, because people dont buy cars at this time also they need to meet the sales target. - dad to use the car for atleast 5 years .... and as far as i know him he wont let go off the car until it starts breaking down a bit too often.
yes will go for the under body rust treatment. also teflon does wear off (peels off) (personal experience) but then paint does last longer than without it... that new paint shine stays a bit longer .. a mechanic friend of mine said a gallon of teflon comes for 900 bucks, which can be used to 4 cars, these dealers sure make a lot of profit.

----- @condor

convincing dad to go for the SLE instead of SL was real difficult ( i did not like the idea of grey colored bumpers), i dont think he'll go for SLX. besides 18k is ex showroom price difference, after registration it adds upto 21k... sure even this is not that big amount infront of the 4 lakh odd we'll end up spending, but not possible
--- @ firebird

it will be real nice if i can get a good deal

do the discounts increase as we near the end of the month ??? if so i'll book now and register for 2008, both ways good for me
Old 7th December 2007, 21:02   #8
Senior - BHPian

as firebird said get the slx
Old 7th December 2007, 21:41   #9
BHPian

Quote:
needed a good comfortable, safe, composed hatchback @4 lakhs max. was not looking for power windows or other such features as it would always be used air conditioned, and dad says no to it.
--- i guess this answers Mr Crazy driver question.
The difference between SLE and SLX is more than just power windows. I guess you can play the "Safety Features" card to convince your dad for SLX.

1. Left side ORVM only in SLX
2. Rear wiper & defogger only in SLX - you will need it in Mumbai, I am sure

SLX also has Body coloured door handles, body coloured ORVMs, brushed metal AC Facia tachometer and digital clock as standard. I am sure it is worth the extra money you pay.

Cheers,
Rajan
Old 7th December 2007, 21:47   #10
BHPian

firstly this car is being bought for dad, he is using a maruti 800 so need an upgrade, he has a driver...needed a good comfortable, safe, composed hatchback @4 lakhs max. was not looking for power windows or other such features as air conditioner would be always used, and dad doesn't want it.
--- i guess this answers Mr Crazy's driver question.

yes garware has cheaper sunfilms for 1000 bucks, need to checkout on what sunfilm is being offered.
i feel that the dealers are desperate sell off the cars in the begining of the month and last months of the year and hence give better deals. - dad plans to use the car for atleast 5 years .... and as far as i know him he wont think of selling off the car until it starts breaking down a bit too often.

yes will go for the under body rust treatment. also teflon does wear off (peels off) (personal experience) but then paint does last longer with it.
the new paint shine stays a bit longer .. a mechanic friend of mine said a gallon of teflon comes for 900 bucks, which can be used to 4 cars, these dealers sure make a lot of profit, similarly the 3m polish with the wool costs 200 Rs max, rest is the labour charge (costs about 1800 for the 3M polish)

----- @condor

convincing dad to go for the SLE instead of SL was real difficult ( i did not like the idea of grey colored bumpers), i dont think he'll go for SLX. besides 18k is ex showroom price difference, after registration it adds upto 21k... sure even this is not that big amount infront of the 4 lakh odd we'll end up spending, but not possible
--- @ firebird

it will be real nice if i can get a good deal

do the discounts increase as we near the end of this month ??? if so, i'll book now and register for 2008, both ways good for me.

felt that the earlier post had a lot of gramatical mistakes, hence the edit.
Old 8th December 2007, 13:30   #11
BHPian

while reselling the vehicle, what matters ?? the registration date or the manufacturing date ??
coz for me to get a 08 manufactured vehicle i'll have to wait till feb or so i suppose.
Old 8th December 2007, 17:55   #12
BHPian

Delta9,

Why you are considering of resale value when you hane not yet booked the Car. Resale for Palio is lower than that of other cars in the segment. Dont consider this as way lower, but there would be a difference of max 25K.

How many years are you planning to keep the car.

In Mumbai, rear wash, wiper are used most of the time in rains. That gives a real confidence to driver while changing lanes or turning. Thats same with the Leftside - ORVM.
Old 8th December 2007, 18:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

Check the discount again - I think I read an advt. today in HT Delhi where the discount was higher 48k (maybe wrong) Toyota is offering 1Lac discount.....

For resale the model year will matter but if you are ok buying a 2007 production model in 2008 you will surely get a good deal.. condiser it

Cheers
Old 8th December 2007, 18:42   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Delta9 : while reselling the vehicle, what matters ?? the registration date or the manufacturing date ??
The registration date is more visible.
Old 8th December 2007, 18:45   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Check the discount again - I think I read an advt. today in HT Delhi where the discount was higher 48k (maybe wrong) Toyota is offering 1Lac discount.....
Discount is 44k here. And thats official discount from TATA (million cars offer), not dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks