Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2011, 19:46   #31
BHPian

Re: How is Mahindra Firstchoice? (formerly automart)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
The interesting fact about the Mahindra First Choice Superstore in Pune:

Most of the Swifts on offer have completed either 48000 or 52000 KM of running. None of them have completed say - 70000 Km or 25000 KM. Does that indicate something?
It indicates to a very important fact: 70% or more of these vehicles do not have a service record. Does THAT indicate something? You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner666 View Post
I have a first hand experience of buying from Mahindra FirstChoice, and all I can say was that it was pretty disappointing

Next Morning the car would not start
; this was really heartbreaking for me as this was the first car I ever owned myself. So I call up the TrueValue guys, they come in a Palio(there were a lot of them there) which I had seen at their place with a "For Sale" sign. When asked about it, they said that they have to drive them regularly to keep the battery etc charged. Anyways, the mechanic toys around and then finally says it has to be Push started as the starter motor has conked off. So, we manage to push start it and drive to the showroom. There the guy who is in charge of it looks into it and says they would have to take it to their workshop in Kotla in Delhi. I say fine and I accompany the driver along. Now, seeing the market in Kotla, i was a bit taken aback, if any of you have been there, you would know, it's the typical local mechanics and garages kind of market dedicated to repairing of cars. Not to say that the expertise and knowledge of the mechanics or the people there can be undermined, but just imagining that this is the dark underbelly of Mahindra FirstChoice. I mean, what chance did my car have that it was not built up there entirely from scratch from parts taken out of other cars. Anyways the starter motor is replaced and the water leakage problem(turns out the CNG guys blocked some AC drain pipe) is fixed as well. It is here that I find out that the guy operating the Franchisee of Mahindra FirstChoice in Gurgaon also owns this particular workshop.
The other list of problems is pretty long but the main issues....

First off, is this a Maruti True-Value store or Mahindra First Choice?

The other matter is that I've had as bad an experience with Mahindra, with a OHC A/T I bought from them this year. I finally gave up on salvaging the lemon and making it drive-worthy, when the wipers stopped in the middle of the screen while it poured cats & dogs. It was pure good luck that this happened very close to my destination and while the sun was still out, or I might not have made it home. At least, not in this car.

I have sent the following email to the feedback section of Mahindra's First Choice, and plan to follow it up with legal action if the response is anything short of commendable. I have paid with ill-health for this car, and I plan on making it worth the while.

**Excerpts from the email**
  • The car I bought is a Honda City Type I. Petrol driven and automatic gearbox. I bought the car in Q1 of the current calender year, and it has been nothing but trouble. The air-conditioning pulls the car down so much that the car can barely touch a speed of 50km/h. The wipers suddenly stopped while it rained cats & dogs.
  • The steering crackles VERY loudly when making a U-turn.
  • The front suspension thumps at the minutest pot-hole; the front-left wheel wobbles like jelly. The windscreen washer motor conked off.
  • Even the air-filter was at the end of it's life when the car was delivered to me.
  • The car was an accidental piece, and I was not informed of the damage that lay beneath the body-work.
  • No service records were provided; the dash-board illuminates wierdly. These are tell-tale signs of odometer tampering, (other signs of tampering also visible).
** End **

Apologies to the Moderators for the long post. Any more editing and the post may have lost either a head or the tale.
Old 1st August 2011, 17:43   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
I have sent the following email to the feedback section of Mahindra's First Choice, and plan to follow it up with legal action if the response is anything short of commendable. I have paid with ill-health for this car, and I plan on making it worth the while.
It's disgusting to see how ignorant MFC is (towards the quality of vehicle delivered). You are doing the correct thing by fighting for your rights!
Old 6th August 2011, 11:50   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
It indicates to a very important fact: 70% or more of these vehicles do not have a service record. Does THAT indicate something? You betcha!

First off, is this a Maruti True-Value store or Mahindra First Choice?

:
Oops Sorry!! It's MFC!
Old 7th December 2016, 19:22   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Any one has updates on experience in selling your car through Mahindra First Choice. My biggest concern is to make sure the registration is changed to the buyer or to Mahindra First Choice ASAP. Don't want the risk of the car being driven by strangers while carrying my name on the registration.
Old 8th February 2018, 10:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

I just bought a Mahindra Frist Choice membership for one year. We have a new Frist choice service centre at my home city, Anand.

This is the offer:

Membership charges: 999/-
  1. One free service.(Including Washing)
  2. Second Service (20% off)
  3. Car washing (twice)
  4. Wheel alignment(once)
  5. Wheel balancing(once)
  6. General Checkup (twice)
  7. A/c Checkup (twice)

How is Mahindra Firstchoice? (formerly automart)-fc.jpg

How is Mahindra Firstchoice? (formerly automart)-fc2.jpg

How is Mahindra Firstchoice? (formerly automart)-fc3.jpg

My car is under warranty. I also bought extended warranty so these free services don't make any big difference to me. However, washing charge for my MS Vitara Brezza is 450/-. In this offer, I get three washing at 999/-, that is the only reason I bought it
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 20:39   #36
BHPian

Hey Guys,
is there anyone who recently sold to MFC?
I have competing quote from them and spinny much higher than the likes of Car24s/OLX.
Yes I am surprised too, If I am dealing with appropriately as usually Cars24 or OLX end up being the highest bidder.

I just wanted understand the pros and Cons for MFC, if anyone can opine.

TIA

Most Viewed