Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2007, 02:37   #1

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
How maruti almost lost a customer? Dealer: Rohan Motors, Noida

My mom wanted a a car which was a city runabout.she was looking at the Hyundai i10 and the Chevrolet spark.my dad and I were forcing our opinions on her.my dad wanted her to get a Honda city as he has been using one for the past 1yr and has already covered 40k kms and hasn’t faced a single problem as yet.his other choice was the ford ikon flair as he has driven an ikon 1.6 for 70k kms and was singing praises about the cars solidity,ride quality.i had other motives,I wanted her to get a car which was fast and cool,

Thus,I made her look at the fiesta 1.6 and the swift.we take her to the showrooms and all this time she is cribbing because she doesn’t want to take any decisions(as both the husband and the son are on opposite sides and she cant decide who she should listen to).she drove the i10-found it to tinny,she liked the ikon but found reversing a problem,also added by the fact that I dissuaded her as the ikons production cycle might be nearing its end).She liked the swift but again the rear windshield is too small.After going through all permutations and combinations,she decided against all of them and tells us to make the decision and just hand over the keys to her.
She decided to get a feel of the sx4.she test drove it and found it pretty nimble in the city while my dad was cribbing on honda’s better brand value,reliability and nearly identical prices.But I think my mom had made her mind.She liked the sx4 and I was happy too(M16A).
So decided to put our money down on a silver sx4 zxi.the total payment was made in cash and delivery was promised in 3 days.Had also asked for parking sensors to be installed at the dealer itself.
As both my mom and dad were busy, I went to collect the car .aZa and noidaboy accompanied me to provide a 3rd person perspective incase I overlook something. arming myself with the knowledge from the “pre-delivery inspection list guide” in the forum,I started checking all the nitty gritties of the car.All the dealer accessories fitted,I drive out of the dealers showroom at around 5pm.Since the dealers showroom is in an industrial area,the noise levels were too high and I couldn’t really focus on the nvh.As I was about to reach home,I heard grinding noises from the front suspension.the noise was pretty pronounced while turning,braking or accelerating.i decide to call my dad who had reached home by then and we took the car back to the dealer the same evening.i called up the sales person and told him that we would be coming over as we were facing some problem.
We reach the dealer and were greeted by the sight of 4-5 service advisor's.All of them look pretty surprised.i take 3 of those service advisor's for a test drive and made them hear the noise.First they were reluctant to admit it but then they accepted the fact that there was some sort of a grating noise.They decided to jack up the car(brand new) and started inspecting the suspension and the noise had now been diagnosed to be coming from the right side.
The technical advisor started giving us hair brained explanations like “washing hui hai,springs mein paani chaal gaya hai”, “rubber bushings are dry”.they decide to replace the complete right suspension member(shock absorber+springs) with the suspension from another brand new sx4 standing there(probably awaiting delivery for some unsuspecting customer).
At this point my dad went ballistic and started shouting at the technical advisor's.he kept criticizing the maruti quality checks and the p.d.i.my dad called for the gm sales(rohan motors) and gave him his piece of mind and asked for a refund.He also threatened them that he would file a case in the consumer court.this made the advisors sit up and take notice..he mentioned to them that he would buy a Honda instead. it was really disheartening to see a brand new car up on jacks with the entire suspension mounting on the floor)
The gm apologized and asked us to collect a brand new car the next day.
Again I was given the responsibility of collecting the new,new car.i reached the showroom and the salesperson was standing there next to 3 silver zxi’s.he asked me to take a pick from the three and asked me to take it home and drive it for a day and if I was happy,they would register that model.i was pretty impressed with this behaviour.i drove the car for 2 days and took it back and asked them to get it registered.
During these 2 days,I was getting calls from the sales and technical dept on the feedback for the car.Also got to know that one of the guys who had done the pdi on the previous car was fired due to negligence.
It was a sour experience turned sweet by the dealer.now I don’t know who to blame..maruti or rohan motors.but was pretty impressed with rohan motors on how they handled the situation..maruti almost lost a customer but the dealers pro activeness retaind the customer.kudos to rohan for that.

The day I went to get the car registered,some engineers from maruti(Gabriel-the company which makes the shocks) were there inspecting the car.they agreed that there was an issue with the suspension but couldn’t diagnose it.

Sorry for such a long post,I hope I didn’t bore you to death.i wanted this to be an eyeopener for those who would be buying a new car.please keep your eyes and ears open and try not to get emotional.even if you think there is something strange about the car,don’t hesitate to take it back to the dealer.
As for those who might be buying a new sx4 especially silver from rohan motors,don’t go near one with chassis no. 120074.

Have added pics of the car:

Last edited by hellspawn : 12th December 2007 at 02:51.
Old 12th December 2007, 05:25   #2

Congrats on the new ride!! Good to know that everthing worked out in the end. But you are scaring me, I am waiting on my Swift ZXI to be delivered from Rohan Motors, Noida in the next two weeks. God I hope everything goes smoothly.

BTW, what was the sales executive's name?
Old 12th December 2007, 05:29   #3
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the purchase.

I just hope they dont pass it on to an unsuspecting customer. Team-bhp PDI chart really helps!
Old 12th December 2007, 08:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Whoa....you should have informed me Manyu i could have....offered you a pack of ultra milds (what else)
Glad that the problem got solved and you got a new ,new car.
Congrats on the purchase.!So next year you'll also do it sideways eh.
(autox autox)
Old 12th December 2007, 10:27   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
.Also got to know that one of the guys who had done the pdi on the previous car was fired due to negligence.

Thats was bad... he should have been given a warning letter...
Old 12th December 2007, 11:11   #6
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also got to know that one of the guys who had done the pdi on the previous car was fired due to negligence.

The day I went to get the car registered,some engineers from maruti(Gabriel-the company which makes the shocks) were there inspecting the car.they agreed that there was an issue with the suspension but couldn’t diagnose it.
This suspension issue had turned the whole "buying a new car" feel to "where is that noise coming from?" thing! If the car had been bought by an unsuspecting customer, i think the the dealer would have just changed the bushes or worst told them to get it fixed on the first service. i guess it was only the knowledge and persistence of hellspawn and his father that resulted in a getting a new car instead of a "repaired" new car.

But .... SX4 ME LIKES
Old 12th December 2007, 12:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know that you got a good deal finally. I have observed that it is very important for buyers to be adamant on quality otherwise these so called technical people will sell you anything with giving silliest explanation
Old 12th December 2007, 13:43   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlal000 View Post
Congrats on the new ride!! Good to know that everthing worked out in the end. But you are scaring me, I am waiting on my Swift ZXI to be delivered from Rohan Motors, Noida in the next two weeks. God I hope everything goes smoothly.

BTW, what was the sales executive's name?
just keep a lookout for anything strange.Dont worry,these sort of things happen,all you can do is stay prepared.
the name of the salesperson was ashwani/bhuvnesh.
just to make it clear to them,tell them you were there at the dealership when my dad was grilling their asses(05/12/07).tell them you wont tolerate the same bul**** and want the pdi to be done properly .
Old 12th December 2007, 13:49   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Thats was bad... he should have been given a warning letter...
they say he already had been given a warning before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
service. i guess it was only the knowledge and persistence of hellspawn
thanks .i like these last two sentences .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Nice to know that you got a good deal finally. I have observed that it is very important for buyers to be adamant on quality otherwise these so called technical people will sell you anything with giving silliest explanation
yes i hope i got a good deal.the scariest part is that now i have to take the car to rohan motors for servicing and have to very careful now so that they dont try to mess around with the car
Old 12th December 2007, 14:17   #10
BHPian

Quote:
they say he already had been given a warning before.

thanks .i like these last two sentences .

yes i hope i got a good deal.the scariest part is that now i have to take the car to rohan motors for servicing and have to very careful now so that they dont try to mess around with the car
Why do you need to take it back to Rohan motors ? You could use any MASS ..

Last edited by rchimni : 12th December 2007 at 14:33.
Old 12th December 2007, 19:49   #11
BHPian

All maruti owners in noida, if you love your car, kindly avoid Motorcraft sector -8 & Rohan Motors for servicing your car.
They simply count the no. of cars attended per day & billing done.
Old 12th December 2007, 22:31   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchimni View Post
Why do you need to take it back to Rohan motors ? You could use any MASS ..
because i got teflon coating and underbody protection done and they will redo it every time the car gets serviced.
Old 12th December 2007, 22:32   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
All maruti owners in noida, if you love your car, kindly avoid Motorcraft sector -8 & Rohan Motors for servicing your car.
They simply count the no. of cars attended per day & billing done.
why would you say so?have you faced any problems with them!!
Old 17th December 2007, 01:29   #14
BHPian

Quote:
just keep a lookout for anything strange.Dont worry,these sort of things happen,all you can do is stay prepared.
This sounds scary! Never thought these guys can do this to new cars.

Quote:
just to make it clear to them,tell them you were there at the dealership when my dad was grilling their asses(05/12/07).tell them you wont tolerate the same bul**** and want the pdi to be done properly .
I have booked a Swift VDI and they say they have 2 cars of my desired colour standing in their showroom. Have to take delivery in coming week. What all should i be looking while this PDI...? And where can i find this "pre-delivery inspection list guide" which you mentioned in your thread? Give me some hints bro, they would definitely be helpful!
Old 17th December 2007, 02:06   #15

this is the pdi checklist.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
go through it,carry a printout.
have pm'ed you.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th December 2013 at 13:01. Reason: Old post - fixing broken link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks