Team-BHP - Safari Servicing -bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Safari Servicing -bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/32546-safari-servicing-bangalore.html)

Which dealer in bangalore provides better servicing for Safari based on the their expertise/ customer experience.

Please participate in the poll/ post your experiences.

I feel prerna are better and are among the oldest dealing in TATA vehicles...

Concorde is the best from mechanic expertise. Never liked manipal or Prerna. Have had bad experiences with all three, but the one eyed king is concorde.
Only problem, there is heavy waitlist for service.

I called up both Manipal(airport road) and Concorde(mysore road) as both are closer for me. Heres the experience.

Manipal
- Operator picks up transfers me to another person, she says that she only does bookings for Indica, gives me another mobile number to call .

- I call that number is picked up by some lady, who has no relation to manipal

- I call up again, ask the operator to take the booking as earlier she passed me to the wrong person and I shouldnt be calling any other mobile numbers.

- She gives me 2 mobile numbers with names and insists that these ones are right and I should call them. Only they can take the Safari booking.

- I call the first number 2-3 times, noone answers.

- I call the second number, gets picked and I tell him to make my booking, even without asking anything, he says, "okay, come at 9", is about to hang up and I ask, how do you know if I will only come for servicing, without my name, vehicle number and contacts. That strattles him and he starts asking the details, which I give.

Pathetic, have left with no faith in their service.

Concorde

- Call is picked up by operator and I tell her the purpose of my call, she asks and takes down all the required details/contacts and confirms the service booking.

Will cancel my booking with Manipal, later in the week, not worth it.

Only concern is that from airport road I could have come back in an auto, but seems that I will have to stay in concorde motors for the day, till they complete the servicing.

But pls post your experinces with all of them in servicing, it will be a good buildup.

I used to catch an Auto in front of Concorde. They take about 50-60rs to Airport road(diamond distt.)
Most of them are willing to go by meter since its a busy circut.
Make sure you reach at 8:45 itself, otherwise there is a big line. When you go in the guy will first check for your registeration for service, then give you a token number(which is first come first serve).

Now they dont service Safari at their dairy circle (opp christ college) showroom. It was a very convenient location.

Safari servicing is done only at their Hosur road or Mysore road place.

Infact Prerna motors is also convenient at Anepalya Main Road, Adugodi and the first service is only checkups so still trying to makeup my mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 656650)
I used to catch an Auto in front of Concorde. They take about 50-60rs to Airport road(diamond distt.)
Make sure you reach at 8:45 itself, otherwise there is a big line. When you go in the guy will first check for your registeration for service, then give you a token number(which is first come first serve).

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 656650)

Are u kidding me!!!. I always called these guys up.. 2 days in advance. they come home.. take my Safari and leave a car with me for my daily commute. Yes!! i am talking about concorde.

Goddy

Concorde is known to have better reviews than Prerana and more so than Manipal. Again, this is one perspective that worked in favor of Condor and his Sumo's timing problem, whereas Prerana has worked well for Steeroid.

guys,
just back from the first service of the safari, done at 1.2k, sharing my experience.

the service center is far, out of city, reached there before 9 o'clock itself, the fear of the mighty (nasty rhymes pretty well here) hosur road. had booked the service 3 days earlier, easy process to sum up.

there were a few rattles, from the rear door as is inevitable, then there was a squeak from the steering on turning left, rear door child lock deciding to fall down into lock position every now and then trying to be extra helpful, a clicking sound from the co-passenger seat when occupied, humming sound at half clutch, TAKK sound at full steering and a grinding noise in acceleration at 1/2 gears.

the service manager and the cro were good, listened and listed down problems properly, a good change for me from my earlier experiences with vijay auto on bannerghatta road. the delivery was promised at 5:30. they give you a shuttle service back to some accessible part of the city too, avail of that in case you need, very helpful at that. no point waiting at the service station for long hours as dadu undertook, more so because you can't go into the service bay.

again reached the service station much early than required, thanks to apprehensions about the hosur road, the volvo ride was well worth it, need to mention it, the driver and lady conductor were very very courteous and helpful, ended up saying thank you sir, thank you ma'm while getting off the bus and it is my favorite pastime to honk at bmtc drivers i tell you.. :-)

the vehicle was ready, took three test drives, some minor niggles solved after each, it was pleasant talking with the mechanics and the cro, very willing and helpful lot i have to write here.

talking of service charges, none. no oil change, since this thing had been taken up earlier in some other thread, enquired again with them. the answer was that they took out a small amount of oil and checked for viscosity, color and suspended particles, since no abnormality found, oil not changed, topped up the thing though, but no charges for something minor like that.. all the problems taken care of and assurance that i can bring in the vehicle anytime, left the station 3 hours later, having a good feeling and thoroughly enjoying the time spent talking of cars, trips and safaris mostly. one suggestion made to them, keep some good car magazines if possible for customers waiting in the lounge.

the grinding noise and the takk sound can't be rectified according to them, that'd be there for all vehicles, that's an update from my side.

so, guess the experience was nice for me and would like to go there only for subsequent services, one thing amazes me, the 1 year service frequency, that's not heard of in other car-speak..

cheers!

Thanks abu, good review, I 'll visit hosur rd for my next service need.

I aint very satisfied (although ok) with their mysore rd one.

Hi,

I have serviced my Dicor with Manipal twice,for sure they are pathetic.

Would love to try others but not aware how it will affect my warranty.

My 15000 kms service is due next month, will surely think of Concorde(TATA JV).

Heard frm lots that they are professionals, will have to try.

My simple braking issue was not solved by Manipal.

I had to take help of my M-800/VW/Matiz mechanic.

He did a wonderful job on the brakes and now i feel they respond better.

Guys at Manipal look so lost, they only want customer review to be filled up with good remarks.

Time i take a fast decision.