Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2007, 10:36   #1

Need reliable Maruti Dealer in Kolkata

Hi everyone,

I have no idea on car and ofcourse on dealer, before I start taking my interest on the same from december begining.

In kolkata, I almost spoken to all the dealers but confused with few things,

1. Dealer discount is having no limit, whatever X would say, Y would try to match.. what a game

2. MGA Accessories quote is different across dealers which is really surprising.

Please suggest me a dealer in Kolkata considering that customer relationship and service station faclities are good.

Another point I would like to ask whether I am not sure how relevant that is in this section.

Once I surveyed the market, I found 4 types of discount available.

1. Maruti disc (fixed always)
2. Corporate Disc (Fixed based on the company as they have graded corporates in Gold/Platinum/Silver etc.)
3. Finance Disc (3% of loan disbursed - but I personally seen that even if you loose this discount, it's advisable to get it from bank directly, that is more profitable in terms of total money outflow as inevitably dealer quoted EMI costs you more.)
4. Dealer Discount (The most vague and variable figure)

Regarding 4, I am offered 7000 cash disc with 1000 accessories as best dealer discount for Wagon-R, how good that burgain in Kolkata, considering it's december and they have a target to clear the stock?

My company is one of the biggest IT vendor in Maruti and many of our people working there, from them what I understand is dealer margin for Wagon-R would be around 15k + they have some commission on Insurance and would get something from Road Tax/Regn quoted as well as they put a big figure of 7-8K as misc in bill. So my rough estimate is dealer gets a margin of 19K on Wagon-R as a whole. Could anyone throw any light on the same?

The reason for my assumption on dealer margin based on the follows:

Maruti runs on an average net margin of 12%, on which Segment A and B cars do have lesser margins. If I take it as 10%, I can safely assume dealer should have 5% margin (assuming a 50 : 50 profit share). Also Maruti discount on this car was 25000 in last month which also suggests margin can't be less than 20-25K on maruti side (assuming they sale it in loss)

Any lights on these would be very helpful for me.
Old 18th December 2007, 09:38   #2

Can anyone please comment on The deal?

Just wondering if any of the experienced people could throw some light on the deal I am getting considering it december and also any feedback on who is/are the good / reliable Maruti dealers in Kolkata.

I need to take a decision without having any idea hence waiting for some advice from you guys.
Old 18th December 2007, 14:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshil View Post
1. Dealer discount is having no limit, whatever X would say, Y would try to match.. what a game

2. MGA Accessories quote is different across dealers which is really surprising.
The first is the beauty of competition. The second is strange though. Which dealer has given you the best quote?

I can vouch for Mohan Motors based on my experience with them. PM me if you need a contact there.
Old 18th December 2007, 15:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

Go through this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-year-end.html

Mohan Motors seem to be the best Maruti dealer here.
Old 22nd January 2008, 23:17   #5

I booked a WagonR VXi from Dewar's Garage, at BBD Bag. They're giving me Rs. 2000 worth MGA, Rs. 3000 Corporate Discount, Insurance free, and 6000 dealer discount (2000 officially and 4000 not to be shown anywhere). Heard from friends they are the best right now in Kolkata, as they are relatively new and provide good service. Jalan has now become indifferent.
Old 29th January 2008, 14:05   #6

Not too sure if Dewar is the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by saptashaw View Post
I booked a WagonR VXi from Dewar's Garage, at BBD Bag. They're giving me Rs. 2000 worth MGA, Rs. 3000 Corporate Discount, Insurance free, and 6000 dealer discount (2000 officially and 4000 not to be shown anywhere).
2000 worth MGA and Free Insurance is Maruti Discount for January.
3000 Corp Discount is also Maruti decided which is shared in 50:50 basis by Maruti and Dealer.

Only differentiation is Dealer Discount, which again depends on time of year and time of month etc. In my opinion 6000 is standard discount for Wagon-R. I surveyed the market in last month, I got an offer of 11000 dealer discount on Wagon-R Vxi but finally settled for 8500 cash disc + 1500 MGA accessories from another dealer as I found 2nd one more reliable.

Final comment is your deal is good provided you got a 2008 model, as I know very well, they stocked a huge number of 2007 model to take price advantages. You can get the answer from registration book / invoice or to be more sure from maruti VTS (Vehicle Tracking System) if you know someone in maruti and provide him/her engine/chasis number.

In January it's highly probable that dealer would push a 2007 model to you. Make sure you are not one of them to accept that.

Quote:
Heard from friends they are the best right now in Kolkata, as they are relatively new and provide good service. Jalan has now become indifferent.
It's a complete personal opinion, but I played around all 7 (Dewar BBD Bag / Topsia, Auto Hitec, Jalan Moulai/ VIP Rd, Mohan and Machino) for one and half months and I found Mohan is relatively better in terms of keeping commitments and speak some amount of truth. If you see comments of people above, you would get a similar vibes. This experience also depends on the actual sales person with whom you are interacting.

But Dewar's BBDBag is not new I think, may not be old as Machino or Jalan but still they are not that new.

Anyway all the best and keep us updated about your experience there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks