Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2007, 18:55   #61
BHPian

So bad what they did to Pillai.I think normally consumer court do put any cases on pending.Mr.Pillai ask for a brand new Verna as componsation.
Old 29th December 2007, 10:01   #62
BHPian

I think they should be put behind bars also,this is a clear case of fraud
Old 29th December 2007, 13:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

sad story mr pillai but nevertheless, i feel happy you have all the necessary ammunition to take ur case forward...

and strange coincidence but 2 times u went to the temple with this car and u could not get the pooja done...

maybe - this was not meant to be the car worthy enuf to be gifted to your dad....look at it positively and im sure there is some much better waiting for you and ur dad...
Old 29th December 2007, 23:22   #64
Senior - BHPian

i am very sorry to hear about your bad experince. I somehow also suspect the hand of the other hyundai dealer in this , coz the other dealer was having a comfortable monopoly in TVM till about six months ago...Thats when popular started the Hyundai association in TVM.Till then Popular was only for Maruti Suzuki. I have had my share of bad experiences with Trident hyundai TVM, maybe this biasing my judgement here but still this is what i think.
Old 29th December 2007, 23:39   #65
BANNED

Do not expect anything from Hyundai. I have a letter from the Delhi boss stating that service documentation is not available to customers.

In other words you pay good money for your car and are then bonded to whatever service they choose to provide. I am sure this is monopolistic, but then who cares. In the early days of the IAJ I wrote a Letter to the Editor on this about HM not providing service documentation, and sure enough they wrote to be offering to sell me the WS manual. Now with the publications being hand in glove with the vendors such letters will not get published. I had tried one (or was in two) of the major auto magazines and none published the letter.
Old 29th December 2007, 23:47   #66
Senior - BHPian

no hell star,popular had been in tvm for 3 yrs now.they had their showroom in pattom.this is their new facility at karamana.hilton dont have any role in this.the best thing they did was returning the booking amount.hilton had a full truck load of damaged vehicles once.hyundai arranged some dealer in delhi to take all 5 vehicles and one chap came one day and took temp regn and drove all cars to bangalore.i personally arranged the drivers for him.he had told me that all vehicles were sold to some one in delhi for a reduced rate.popular could have done the same.
ram
Old 29th December 2007, 23:52   #67
Senior - BHPian

ok guys then i stand corrected !
Old 31st December 2007, 09:39   #68
Senior - BHPian

Just came to know that this happened to someone I know too!

An update:

1)Popular says it was a clerical mistake!
2)And they would have come down and was gonna to change the car!
3) They will gift a DVD player to suppress the issue!
4) Hyundai people coming down this weekend to talk about this.

My suggestion; make a deal to get the new Elantra or the new SUV at a nice deal.

or

Consumer Court.
Old 31st December 2007, 10:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
he decided to go for 2003 car.after 6 mnths he noticed a tag on the car with the VIN NO.to his alarm he found that it was a old car.

he went to the dealership and threatened to go with consumer court and the dealer gave them a brand new getz silver color.the older car is used as a test drive car even now at tvm.

the reason which they give for using a cochin registerd car in tvm for test drive is that the customer dint pay the full amount after the car was registered.
ram
1) where did the 2003 car come from??
2)They changed the car after 6 months??
3) The guy didn't pay the full amount even after 6 months???
Old 1st January 2008, 07:38   #70
BHPian

Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

My suggestion; make a deal to get the new Elantra or the new SUV at a nice deal.

or

Consumer Court.
Same as JK, I was surprised to hear that this had happened to someone I know too...

I would suggest, the best option is to get the money back for the new Santro and the old exchanged one and go for a new car from a new dealer (preferrably not a Hyundai). I have suggested this to the someone I know too.

I would also recommend all those thinking of buying a new car to make sure u have done the PDI checks mentioned elsewhere in this forum. Also dont compromise on anything as u are the customer and u have the right to get what you paid for.
Another lesson learned, dont hurry to get your car delivered (esp in the night), wait for another day and take delivery in the bright of the day..

Last edited by basilmabraham : 1st January 2008 at 07:40. Reason: More info added
Old 1st January 2008, 16:36   #71
Senior - BHPian

) where did the 2003 car come from??
2)They changed the car after 6 months??
3) The guy didn't pay the full amount even after 6 months???

he was offered a new car after 6 months and still using it at cochin.he had made the full payment on delivery of the car in jan.in result he got a new car after 6 mnths and a discount of 50000 on it too.
ram
Old 1st January 2008, 16:38   #72
Senior - BHPian

hey basil he can go with the same make from a different dealer.and as far as the settlement goes dvd player in lieu of the issue clossure is silly.i second jk on this.

ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Same as JK, I was surprised to hear that this had happened to someone I know too...

I would suggest, the best option is to get the money back for the new Santro and the old exchanged one and go for a new car from a new dealer (preferrably not a Hyundai). I have suggested this to the someone I know too.

I would also recommend all those thinking of buying a new car to make sure u have done the PDI checks mentioned elsewhere in this forum. Also dont compromise on anything as u are the customer and u have the right to get what you paid for.
Another lesson learned, dont hurry to get your car delivered (esp in the night), wait for another day and take delivery in the bright of the day..
Old 2nd January 2008, 06:38   #73
BANNED

All the Popular dealers(Bajaj, Maruti & Hyundai) at Cochin were always known for pathetic service. So it's not a BIG news for me.

I won't expect more than this from that incompetent Popular Group !
Old 2nd January 2008, 08:08   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I won't expect more than this from that incompetent Popular Group !
I have not had any bad experiences from Popular Maruti, Trivandrum in the past 8 years.
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:58   #75
Team-BHP Support

Just came across this thread today, and surprised to read about it.
Hope the matter is resolved, and the concerned dealer is stripped of the dealership.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks