Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:20   #76
BHPian

I came across this shocking news.
Man its such a foolish thing to do in today's time. People are not fools to take what they sell. Hyundai or dealer should be sued to maximum. This incident should set an example for dealers and car makers in India that the Customer is the King and they can't do anything like this in future to any customers.

Cheers
Anju
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:06   #77
Senior - BHPian

actually a similar problem happened to another TBHPian. He was sold a Swift that had met with an accident and he did start a thread about it then.
Old 2nd January 2008, 17:48   #78
Senior - BHPian

My experience with Popular Trivandrum was HOPELESS. This was in 2003 - We - me, my wife and my Mother- had to go to Rameshwaram from Trivandrum. Right about then I found that the coolant was somehow getting purged from the reservoir/tank. Took it to Popular since they were the A*S*S* - Popular claimed this was due to a blown head gasket - They took the vehicle in and replaced the gasket - got the car back on a Saturday evening and we started driving Sunday morning - Within 50 kms my temp gauge started maxing out again! Stopped and found out that the same coolant purging problem was recurring. To cut the long story short we somehow managed to find a roadside mechanic who in turn knew someone who stocked Maruti parts and both of these kind souls took time out and opened their shops on a Sunday and rectified the fault - Guess what we found - The popular guys had not tightened FOUR of the head nuts!

Solution - they redid the head gasket job (with a fresh gasket ) and off we went!!

But can you imagine FORGETTING to tighten the head nuts!!.... It was sheer providence that this did not lead to other things failing!!
Old 8th January 2008, 20:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

hey kb 100 you are reffering to the maruti popular people.here the question is of the hyundai dealer.and you saved you bottom in the nick of the time ,thank god that you were watching your temperature gauge.
ram
Old 13th January 2008, 12:30   #80
BHPian

Is there any way we could get news about our experience with the Popular Trivandrum guys on to the Auto Expo website?
Old 14th January 2008, 19:35   #81
Senior - BHPian

hey pillai np you have already got enough publicity of the problem now.hyundai people are also on their heels now.did you file a complaint against them already.i dont think auto expo official site is a dispute settlement forum in any way.they put up just the details of the expo.media had the issue covered to a great extend.
ram
Old 11th March 2008, 20:20   #82
Senior - BHPian

Any fresh update on the issue.No talks on what happend .Is the issue settled pillainp.
ram
Old 15th March 2008, 03:26   #83
BHPian

Just bumped into this thread and was really shocked, Mr. Pillai so what was the conclusion man, the thread is hanging around as if it don't have any end, people are anxious to know what had happned lastly, atleast me..
Old 1st April 2008, 15:25   #84
Senior - BHPian

UnCool

Empty coolant box need not necessarily mean the head gasket went kaput. If that was the case, one would find traces of oil in the radiator.

Most Viewed