Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2008, 01:19   #16
BHPian

Got my SX4 ZXi on 4/1/08 and Spdo clocked 250 KMs. Handles very nice. As Mixup of City and Highway got 12.X as milage. At a signal hit by a bad Auto guy and paid 140 to him. He parked so close to my car and by mistake I release the break and car went back (I was not knowing). Planned to put a sticker "Please Keep Distance" in back side. Any suggestions?
Old 6th January 2008, 16:56   #17
BHPian

year of manu

Folks, don't be under any mis-information. I have got my car valued multiple times and guess what they don't even trust the RC book, they open the bonnet, get the actual mon, year of manufacture from the engine bay.

It's the year of manufacture that matters. Even if you get delivery of car in jan/feb 2008, there is a high possibility that you might get a 2007 manufactured car. Better wait till next fin.year, also gets any added budget benefits.
Old 23rd January 2008, 20:04   #18
BHPian

year manufacture

How to check the year of manufacture from the engine bay for SX4 or which ever car ?
Old 29th January 2008, 14:12   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenivas View Post
How to check the year of manufacture from the engine bay for SX4 or which ever car ?
For some make like Hyundai, you need to decode the chasis no to get it but for Maruti I am pretty sure, it's a serial which you can't decode just like that, In my case I used a contact in Maruti Gurgaon to use their VTS (Vehicle Tracking System) to find out the Exact Date of Mfg and Date of Despatch from gurgaon factory by chasis / engine number.

Probably that's the best and most authenticated way to find it out
Old 30th January 2008, 14:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshil View Post
For some make like Hyundai, you need to decode the chasis no to get it but for Maruti I am pretty sure, it's a serial which you can't decode just like that, In my case I used a contact in Maruti Gurgaon to use their VTS (Vehicle Tracking System) to find out the Exact Date of Mfg and Date of Despatch from gurgaon factory by chasis / engine number.

Probably that's the best and most authenticated way to find it out
Thanks kshil, I hope I can get the details confirmed from the Gurgaon office. I have booked for Sx4 and the dealer has promised that the car Mfg would be 2008 (dispatched on 25th Jan from the factory), But still feel need to re check on them
Old 16th December 2008, 11:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshil View Post
First of all car resale depends on manufacturing year and not on year of registration.

Just go to Maruti truevalue website and check 2 cars of same model with same km run and same condition, one of dec06 and one of jan07. You would find the difference.
Re-opening a dormant thread, but if you go here Maruti True Value

They're asking for "Regn year" and Regn month" .

So has it changed or what ?
Old 17th December 2008, 13:23   #22
BHPian

yes,it has changed,earlier it was different.i think they must have updated the prices..
Old 17th December 2008, 13:59   #23

is it worth waiting another month ?

I am confused now !!!!!

i was to book a suv by Mitsubishi or GM (CBU's) for bro-in-law by jan 2009, thinking i would get a "2009" tag on the vehicle.

Now i have been told that lot of SUV's are wating to be delivered at factories all over the world. So my question is " whether i will be delivered a 2009 vehicle if i wait for another month or would i lose on the "discounts' and getting a 2008 vehicle even if i book on jan 2009. ??

or how long you guys think i need to wait for a 2009 model vehicle ?

Help
Old 24th December 2008, 17:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

I am looking at buying a Swift Zxi. As we all know, ABS models take time, and the dealers say around 30 days for the delivery of the car. So technically I'll be getting a Jan 09 car, and it will be regd in Jan 09 only. But I guess the car manufacture month most prolly will be 08. Is there any way I can ask the dealer to get me a 09 model ? I cannot wait till Feb/Mar for the same :(
Old 24th December 2008, 17:52   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by machhan81 View Post
I am confused now !!!!!

i was to book a suv by Mitsubishi or GM (CBU's) for bro-in-law by jan 2009, thinking i would get a "2009" tag on the vehicle.

Now i have been told that lot of SUV's are wating to be delivered at factories all over the world. So my question is " whether i will be delivered a 2009 vehicle if i wait for another month or would i lose on the "discounts' and getting a 2008 vehicle even if i book on jan 2009. ??

or how long you guys think i need to wait for a 2009 model vehicle ?

Help
If you want a 2009 model, the dealer would have to give you a 2009 Made car and not a 2008.

Given the current scenario, you would find a lot of 2008 cars in Jan 2009, which the dealers wouldn't have been able to sell., so they would offer better discounts than the one they currently offer. But please note that the car has depriciated for 1 year ( though the mfg date of the car could be Nov 2008) and hence ask for unjustifiable discounts to start with.

So it is up to you if you would want a 2009 model, there would be no discounts. However, given the current scenario, the prices might come down considerably for 2009 cars as well.

You would have a choce then and based on economics, you could choose one that suits you.
Old 26th December 2008, 12:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenivas View Post
In OHC, One has to just lift the bonnet and see near the radiator cap.
Here the month & date of manufacture is mentioned along with engine number , Chasis number.
Old 11th December 2019, 16:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Re: Year of Manufacture vs Year of registration

Bumping an old thread because I need an opinion regarding something similar, even though I am auto literate and I know what the right answer is!

I'm buying a car in the coming few days. It'll say December 2019 on the RC under manufacturing date. I'm okay with it as prices usually go up in jan and the car in question will eventually get BS6 engines early next year so a premium of 1-1.5 lakhs is guaranteed.

So more or less, I know I should just go ahead and get it registered and enjoy driving it.

But I'd like to get the opinion of people who buy/sell cars more frequently. Is there any reason why I should postpone the registration to Jan 2020?
Old 11th December 2019, 16:42   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post

But I'd like to get the opinion of people who buy/sell cars more frequently. Is there any reason why I should postpone the registration to Jan 2020?
No reason. If you are looking at better resale when you sell it, then your RC carries both manufacturing year as well as registration year, the dealers and buyers look at manufacturing year only.

You won't be able to sell it as 2020 car.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 16:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I'm buying a car in the coming few days. It'll say December 2019 on the RC under manufacturing date. I'm okay with it as prices usually go up in jan and the car in question will eventually get BS6 engines early next year so a premium of 1-1.5 lakhs is guaranteed.

So more or less, I know I should just go ahead and get it registered and enjoy driving it.

It all depends on how long you will hold on to your car. If you are planning to sell it quickly, i.e., within 3-5 years, then it will make a big difference. When selling the car in 2024, then whether it is a 2019 (5 years old) or 2020 (4 years old) model will make a noticeable difference to the car's valuation.
However, keep the car for over 8 years, and depreciation will bottom out. Which means it will not matter too much whether the car is 2019 or 2020 when you are selling it in, say, 2030. Valuation might differ by a few thousand at best.

EDIT: Just saw post by @shipnil. 2020 on RC as date of registration will only make a psychological difference to a private buyer. The trade won't care too much.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 11th December 2019 at 16:50.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 21:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

Pretty much what I had thought. The only advantage is the
psychological benefit of it being perceived as a 2020 car.

Only a purchase by maybe feb end would arguably ensure a 2020 manufactured car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks