Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2008, 12:41   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Try WD40 on those pesky stickers... often works!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Will it not damage the paintwork.
I wouldn't think of using WD40. It would indeed be harmful to the paint. Better solutions would be available

Quote:
What do you do with dealers who cadge free advertising on the number plates when delivering the car!
Get a new set of number plates

cya
A
Old 25th January 2008, 18:24   #32
BHPian

Same as mine. I have serviced by car only at Mandovi Motors JP Nagar for the past 4 years. However, I had to request them only at the first service not to advertise on my car. They complied. But to my convenience I still have their stickers on the headlamps. I will be happy to replace with a plain black one if one is available. Has anyone bought such a sticker?
Old 19th March 2008, 12:17   #33
BHPian

Quote:
What do you do with dealers who cadge free advertising on the number plates when delivering the car!
refuse to have them put the number plates on delivery!!

i have always had number plates installed from outside because i hate the nonsense that the dealers put on... that way, i get double bonus - don't get charged 400 bucks for their crappy plates as well as get out of free advertising for them!

cheers!!
Old 19th March 2008, 12:50   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Also watch out for the dealer charging you for his promotion campaign, it happened for me with my Maruti 800 in Coimbatore, saw a Rs.5/- on my bill for the sticker... I didnt make a big deal of it though...
Airwind,
Are you sure it was charged for the dealer sticker? I don't think will they charge for it and put it as an item in your service bill, ever. If you were sure about it, you should have asked them about it. Though it's only a matter of 5 Rs, why the hell one needs to pay to stick an advertisement of the dealer on his car? I can't understand this.

Last edited by redfire : 19th March 2008 at 12:53. Reason: Add a word
Old 19th March 2008, 14:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps this is a problem restricted to small cars. In my 8 yrs of Maruti ownership, a sticker appeared everytime I took the car after service. Not just Maruti, it is a problem with wheel alignment centres, accessories and what not. You then have to shout and waste time to get it removed. If it escapes your attention, more wastage of time later. Perhaps someone should sue them for defacing the car.

However, this defacement has not happened with GM (4.5 yrs) and Toyota (1 yr). So perhaps it is a Maruti and Hyundai strategy.
Old 23rd May 2010, 09:48   #36
BHPian

Please help me....Sticker blues

Hi,

I want to remove sticker of the service centre from the rear glass on my Swift. Now, this may seem simple but it is not !!

It was put up four years back and now when I want to remove it, it is so sticky and very thin..almost like a part of glass.

So I tried to remove it with my fingernail on a small area but it made it worse. I can not fully remove it as it is leaving whitish traces.

Is there any liquid that I can use or some trick which will remove the bloody thing completely and without damaging the glass ?

Please help me.
Old 23rd May 2010, 10:16   #37
Senior - BHPian

A litte tip from my side - if you know any car spa centres close by your home, take it to them. They'll get it removed like a charm.

Other option is to use thinner/nail polish remover or petrol since this is on the glass. But take care not to spill over the metal.
Old 23rd May 2010, 10:31   #38
BHPian

+1 to that, Either that, or those guys who install sunfilm, they'll do it in two minutes,
Old 23rd May 2010, 14:25   #39
BHPian

Hi, yessssssss....removed it completely. It took me an hour's hardwork but the result is great. I used thinner as mentioned by aargee. Below are snaps !!
Old 23rd May 2010, 14:28   #40
BHPian

Below is the whole story. I used the key of my car wrapped in cotton to scratch the sticker.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Dealer Stickers-image188.jpg  

Car Dealer Stickers-image189.jpg  

Car Dealer Stickers-image191.jpg  

Car Dealer Stickers-image195.jpg  

Old 23rd May 2010, 14:46   #41
Senior - BHPian

Whoa, that looks awesome. I will do mine too now.

BTW, will a nail polish thinner do the job?
Old 23rd May 2010, 14:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

That is one nasty sticker!! You took 1 hour to remove it?

I never allow dealer/service guys to put any sticker on my cars. I have enough TBHP stickers on my car (6)
Old 23rd May 2010, 18:54   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Whoa, that looks awesome. I will do mine too now.

BTW, will a nail polish thinner do the job?
Just go to any hardware shop and ask for paint thinner. Dont know if Nailpolish remover will be as effective.
Old 23rd May 2010, 18:58   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
That is one nasty sticker!! You took 1 hour to remove it?

I never allow dealer/service guys to put any sticker on my cars. I have enough TBHP stickers on my car (6)
I just showed the last one....there was a bigger one. Believe me it was not easy as they pasted the sticker 4 years back and it was almost gelled with the glass.
Old 25th May 2010, 15:28   #45
Senior - BHPian

I think most cars come with a dealer sticker when you buy them. Somehow my dealer seems to have missed it! Its completely clean of any garbage. Just put a couple of TBHP stickers (driven by) on the rear. I see quite a few Hondas with the dealer sticker on the number plate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks