Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 15:39   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

The stickers on body are the tougher ones to remove i guess.
Have seen some stickers of 'Bimal'; dealer for Maruti here in Bangalore which is exactly like the fonts for varient (like Lxi, Vxi and all) written on the rear of the car.

The ones on glass are the most common and easy to remove I feel. I have used razors to just scrap the stickers off from windshields and then rubbing away the glue by help of a wet cloth. No razor wont scratch the windshield.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

Mohan's FIAT though i paid for it

Car Dealer Stickers-dsc01232.jpg

Easiest way to get rid of the Dealer Sticker - cover'em up with a Team BHP Sticker

Car Dealer Stickers-moto_0636.jpg
Old 25th May 2010, 17:11   #48
BHPian

just instruct them NOT to do this when giving for service.
Even when I was taking delivery of the new car, I told them sternly to not stick any stickers.

they have been following my instructions till now.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

In my case luckily the dealer forgot to paste that ugly sticker of his . Anyways I would have asked him to remove it!!
Old 25th May 2010, 17:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Sticker on Glass can be easily removed with paint thinner or a Blade, I removed once with a utility knife like Victorinox.

Once I declined to pay an alignment guy! UN in ahmedabad until he removed it completely.

However its very hard to remove those from colored bumper and body. Thinner can't be used. So it can be carefully and painfully done with thumb nail which is harder than other. Start with edges of letter. you can use AXE to ease a bit.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:27   #51
Senior - BHPian

I detest advertising a dealership or accessories shop, so I have made it a condition of the sale/service before I handed the car over.
Nobody puts stickers on my car except me!
Old 25th May 2010, 17:31   #52
BANNED

@KiloAlpha: I agree with you 100%. Also, threaten them that they may have to pay an advertising fee of Rs.10,000 pm if they violate your stricture.
Old 25th May 2010, 17:51   #53
Senior - BHPian

I have always instructed the dealers not to stick any stickers on the cars I have owned. Once, my ICE guy had his pretty long sticker on the rear bumper - and I drove back to him the next and made them remove it - was a painful job for him, he took about an hour to remove the mess. Am sure he would have asked the next customer if he is ok or not

My car has absolutely NO STICKERS at all - thanks to the front windscreen sunfilm, even the stickers for PUC, service remainder, etc have been removed - and I like to keep it that way!

During my last service, the service center stuck theirs in the rear windshield. Luckily, it was mid day when I got the car and because of the heat, and because of the sticker being freshly stuck, it came off in 5 minutes when I tried to remove it - called up my SA and told him about it...
Old 26th May 2010, 14:02   #54
J.Ravi

I peeled off the dealer sticker on my Fiat Linea's rear glass first by Swiss Army knife. Later, I sprayed a bit of upholstery cleaner on the stubborn stain left behind by the sticker and wiped it clean using cloth. Then, I sprayed glass cleaner on the glass and again wiped it clean using cloth. Now, there is no trace of the sticker or any stain.

Old 19th July 2010, 01:47   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
The stickers on body are the tougher ones to remove i guess.
Have seen some stickers of 'Bimal'; dealer for Maruti here in Bangalore which is exactly like the fonts for varient (like Lxi, Vxi and all) written on the rear of the car.

The ones on glass are the most common and easy to remove I feel. I have used razors to just scrap the stickers off from windshields and then rubbing away the glue by help of a wet cloth. No razor wont scratch the windshield.
Oh yes, have seen quite a few swifts with Bimal Maruti Suzuki tag I've not seen any other dealer sticking that kind of sticker. Infact it is almost like the embossed steel badge!
Thankfully when i bought my Ritzie through them, they had just stuck rear windscreen sticker, i had left it as it is till i completed my first service and later till they fixed some rattling noise. After that i have removed it from rear windscreen, it peeled off very easily.
Now ritzie has only Team-Bhp stickers and Bikenomads Sticker.
Will be instructing them in future not to stick anything on Ritzie during service.
Old 22nd July 2010, 03:22   #56
Senior - BHPian

We have paid the money and bought the car. What right the dealer has to put his marketing ad on our car. My dealer has put a green sticker Under XXX care above the metal badge of my rear boot door. Not even a single service was done, how can he paste the one before the service and at the point of Sale.That mad3e me not to go to him for service.
navan49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:14   #57
BANNED

This disease will become worse, as more and more states legislate HSRPs. No dealer names permitted on these. So stockers will be the only way for them to advertise.
Old 30th May 2013, 20:14   #58
BHPian

Re: Car Dealer Stickers

Luckily my dealer has not put any sticker on car except the one on number plate. As it is not a sticker, I can not remove it.
Old 30th May 2013, 20:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Luckily my dealer has not put any sticker on car except the one on number plate. As it is not a sticker, I can not remove it.
Anything other than the number is not allowed on the numberplate according to RTO. Whether this is enforced or not is another question.
If you want to be safe than sorry, you could ask the dealer to give you a correct number plate without any advertising
Old 30th May 2013, 20:30   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
If you want to be safe than sorry, you could ask the dealer to give you a correct number plate without any advertising
Yeah I am aware of that, so I have not pasted the Team-BHP URL sticker on license plate.

My dealer has put a "XXXX HONDA" on the number plate. The funny part is, I paid Rs.200 for the number plate.

Anyways a crack has developed on one number plate so in some time I will replace it with a new one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks