Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:48   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclectix 1st View Post
me: "Then its only 10k per month I take six months in advance"
Thanks eclectix, I was wondering what's the current market rate for advertising . Do you think they're negotiable on this? Would have loved to see the guys face when you replied so.
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

I made sure the dealer did not put any sticker before delivery, they put one during a service, but removed it immediately when I said I do not want it.
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:47   #18
Team-BHP Support

Somehow, i have never objected to any stickers from the dealer on my car. As long as they provide me with good service, i wont have any issues with it, i suppose.

That doesnt mean my car is an advertising vehicle. So long as the stickers are discreet, and not too attention seeking i dont mind. They have also given me a tissue box with the dealer's name on it. This is the second one now.
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have always issued strict instructions to A.S.S guys not to put up stickers and inspite of this they did put up stickers on my car , that's at Trident Trivandrum .

I made them remove the entire mess and redo the Teflon coating there before i took my car back after service.

I had about six different stickers on my car windshield, PUC, company gate passes two versions then old PUC , then A.S.S, pulled out all of them after my accident, now i only have two PUC and company entry pass ( latest )version :-)
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:11   #20
BHPian

well, my car has two stickers on headlamps which the dealer has put, there used to be one sticker on rear windscreen also, which i removed.The stickers on headlamps don't bother me as they atleast help to reduce glare on other drivers. Next time i go by a sticker-work shop, i'll buy some plain black sticker for head lamps.
Old 23rd January 2008, 21:15   #21
BHPian

My Ikon and santro have these dealership stickers. In the Ikon,its easy to remove them since its on the rear bumper only and doesn't leave any remains. But the Santro is really difficult. Its on the glass itself and I have no idea how to remove it. Access Hyundai it says.. Ugh!

Never thought of asking them not to put it, the next time I give the Ikon for service, Ill ask them not to put it.

cya
A
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:36   #22
BHPian

each time i gave my santro to service, the advaith hyundai service guys would put that horrible we care for you sticker and inspite of my protest i used to find that sticker then i decided to stick a newspaper on the rear glass before the job card was made and when they asked me why i was doing that, replied them back saying u guys dont seem to listen when someone say's, "please dont stick stickers" decetly. so, i'am making sure you get the message this way atleast. since then I have never found a sticker on my car.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:56   #23
BHPian

Just a thought. If its' the reflective kind of stickers, then isn't it good to have one? The florescence does manage to grab attention after dark, and can be safety aid in alerting other users (and glowing on the eyes of those who follow with high beams ). It's visible upto a considerable distance too.
Old 24th January 2008, 01:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Try WD40 on those pesky stickers... often works!
Old 24th January 2008, 01:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

I have the sticker of CARS on my front and rear windshields from day one. The reason I have left them there is just because they are reflective stickers. Otherwise I hate dealer stickers and more so when they are stuck onto the coloured bumpers. Having said that, they can be left in there so that people dont cast an evil eye.

However, I had a totally different experience here in the US when I bought a used car with the dealer's sticker stuck on the trunk lid. I was in a hurry the day I bought my car and thought I would remove the sticker once back home. To my surprise, the sticker was so hard to remove and wouldnt come off. I tried all tricks for a while but finally left it there as I felt that it would damage the paint for sure. So, here I am campaigning for the dealer everyday, free of cost.

Last edited by rr_zen : 24th January 2008 at 01:16.
Old 24th January 2008, 12:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

This is a kinda free campaigning of their dealerships. Madovi motors in vijayanagar had put the stickers every where. RR wind screen, head lights, FR wind screen etc. I blasted them and they removed from H/Lights and RR wind screen. This was when I had wagon R.

Metro ford here had pasted the sticker on the RR bumper previously when I gave for servicing. This time I gave the car for servicing in Cauvery Ford. They very promptly removed the Metro ford sticker and then pasted their sticker below it. And this Metro Ford sticker has left its trials. A Black marks has already appeared on the bumper with correct to the sticker size. Next time I give for servicing I will ensure that they do not past the stickers anywhere on the car.
Old 24th January 2008, 12:24   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Metro ford here had pasted the sticker on the RR bumper previously when I gave for servicing. This time I gave the car for servicing in Cauvery Ford. They very promptly removed the Metro ford sticker and then pasted their sticker below it.
Why would they paste their sticker below the old one? Wouldnt it have been much better if they pasted the new one on top of the old one?

The sticker from Cauvery Ford on my car's rear bumper has been peeled off halfway by some kind soul, but the guys at Cauvery havent bothered as yet to paste a new one on that.
Old 24th January 2008, 12:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Why would they paste their sticker below the old one? Wouldnt it have been much better if they pasted the new one on top of the old one?
I feel their sticker would not have struck properly and hence they have struck the sticker below the earlier sticker.
Old 24th January 2008, 12:30   #29
BHPian

Also watch out for the dealer charging you for his promotion campaign, it happened for me with my Maruti 800 in Coimbatore, saw a Rs.5/- on my bill for the sticker... I didnt make a big deal of it though...
Old 24th January 2008, 12:37   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Try WD40 on those pesky stickers... often works!
Will it not damage the paintwork.

I remember in the UK there was case where the dealer put a sticker on the windscreen (rear I guess) despite being told the the customer not to. The customer demanded that he remove it forthwith. In the process the glass was damaged. Went to court who sided with the customer and made the dealer bear the cost of new glass.

What do you do with dealers who cadge free advertising on the number plates when delivering the car!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks