Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2017, 17:59   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
I had taken the car to Metro Ford St Marks road for service. I have been told that this facility would be shut on a month. Their other centers are at Lingarajapuram and Yeshwantpur which are quite far for me. The service experience has been decent at St Marks road center and since its close to MG road etc, its easier to spend time here while the vehicle is in for quick repairs. Sad Move.
Visted Metro Ford St Marks road today for a scheduled service. They currently have only 30% staff, rest have moved to other centers and this place would close down in the next 10 days. The current location will be developed into commerical office space or a mall. Suggest not to take your vehicles to this center for any major repairs. Infact this time the SA did not recommend wheel balancing and alignment, may be the equipment has been moved.
Old 6th March 2018, 13:05   #17
BHPian

Re: Feedback on service of Metro Ford, Bangalore

I had sent my Figo Automatic for 3rd general service yesterday afternoon to Metro Ford Yeshwantpur. The car is not used regularly (maximum 4000 kms a year) but i get it serviced regularly, other than a minor rattle on the dashboard i don't have any issues with the car. I tried talking to the SA over phone around 4PM, to which he said he is off duty and will talk tomorrow.

I went to sleep pretty late last night (around 4AM). I get a call from an unknown number at 6AM in the morning which i did not answer and another called almost immediately which i did answer, it was the SA from Metro Ford asking me what are the issues in the car , i got super pissed and asked him whether he is in his senses to call customer at 6AM and hung up, thanks to this guy i could not go back to sleep and now have a massive headache.

I called the SA back at 11:30AM and asked him why did he call me at 6AM, to which he said " Sir, we call all our customers (at 6AM) who drop cars after 2PM previous day. This is a policy our management has told us to follow and we have been doing same since years ”. I told him do not service the car, i will get it picked up. I don't even know how to react with such stupid people.

I have owned 10 cars till date, i have seen the good and bad after sales but not stupid after sales like this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Feedback on service of Metro Ford, Bangalore-photo_20180306_111347.jpg  

Last edited by mjumrani : 6th March 2018 at 13:12. Reason: Fixed attachment
mjumrani is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 17:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Visted Metro Ford St Marks road today for a scheduled service. They currently have only 30% staff, rest have moved to other centers and this place would close down in the next 10 days. The current location will be developed into commerical office space or a mall. Suggest not to take your vehicles to this center for any major repairs. Infact this time the SA did not recommend wheel balancing and alignment, may be the equipment has been moved.
St.Marks road branch is now closed. You have to visit Palace cross road or Hesaraghatta road. They have a quick lane facility at Yeshavanthpura. I found their service levels quite okay. Found Cauvery Ford and Elite to be much better though. There is PPS ford opened at Kasturba road, not sure where their service center is located.

Last edited by PrideRed : 7th March 2018 at 17:12.
Old 7th March 2018, 17:35   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I had sent my Figo Automatic for 3rd general service yesterday afternoon to Metro Ford Yeshwantpur. The car is not used regularly (maximum 4000 kms a year) but i get it serviced regularly, other than a minor rattle on the dashboard i don't have any issues with the car. I tried talking to the SA over phone around 4PM, to which he said he is off duty and will talk tomorrow.

I went to sleep pretty late last night (around 4AM). I get a call from an unknown number at 6AM in the morning which i did not answer and another called almost immediately which i did answer, it was the SA from Metro Ford asking me what are the issues in the car , i got super pissed and asked him whether he is in his senses to call customer at 6AM and hung up, thanks to this guy i could not go back to sleep and now have a massive headache.

I called the SA back at 11:30AM and asked him why did he call me at 6AM, to which he said " Sir, we call all our customers (at 6AM) who drop cars after 2PM previous day. This is a policy our management has told us to follow and we have been doing same since years ”. I told him do not service the car, i will get it picked up. I don't even know how to react with such stupid people.

I have owned 10 cars till date, i have seen the good and bad after sales but not stupid after sales like this one.
I understand your frustration and trust me I wouldn't have been ok with a call at 6am from the SA as well but I think it's a bit harsh treatment IMO.

I called Metro Ford last week, booked an appointment and dropped the car at 2pm. I asked the SA first what time he opens just in case I could go earlier. I was taken aback when he told me we start at 6am!! I asked him why and he said they have extended the service times so customers can come drop the cars before going to work. That way they don't get late for their office since we open earlier to take the car in for service.

I don't like pick up / drop as that personal interaction with SA is not there. So I went myself at 1pm, dropped the car and came back to office by Metro to Jaynagar and then Uber to E-city.

Since I explained the work to them personally, they told me that work would start mostly next day and car would be ready by lunch time. The SA called me at 8pm same day and updated me on the progress. Next day again he called me to get approval of a relay change. I left home at 2pm, took a Metro and picked up the car at 4pm.
Old 27th April 2018, 15:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
There is PPS ford opened at Kasturba road, not sure where their service center is located.

Has anybody been to new shops like PPS ford for service at Domlur? Any feedback?

Last edited by Thilak29 : 27th April 2018 at 15:49.
Old 12th June 2018, 12:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Has anybody been to new shops like PPS ford for service at Domlur? Any feedback?
Got our Figo serviced this weekend on Saturday at PPS Ford in Domlur. This was my second time at this service center. Its located deep inside a residential layout and you have to use GMaps to locate it.
Had scheduled an appointment with them for 10.30am. Reached the place by 10.10am and they immediately took the car in. There were 5-6 cars already inside the service bay. I saw a lot of people with white coloured Ford branded shirts. I was aware that all SAs of Ford wore a pale blue Ford branded shirt. So thought that these guys were from Ford itself. However didnt get a chance to interact with them much as they were pretty busy.

Anyway the mechanics started work on the car immediately when I mentioned 20k service to the SA. (I actually only wanted oil change with filter and air filter change). They started work even without a job sheet. While creating the job sheet my SA noticed that the 20k service was already done earlier and so a full service would count as the 30k km service. I asked if only engine oil, oil filter and air filter could be changed. So my SA changed the job to a general checkup and added the oil and air filter jobs to it.

Was offered a cup of coffee and asked to wait in the waiting lounge. But I said I wanted to be in the service bay. Was next to the car for the whole service part. Was told many times that customers are not allowed etc. But I just said "If you don't have a problem then I don't have a problem". Liked the way the mechanics went about doing the checks. They actually verified everything mentioned on the vehicle health card. Was pleasantly surprised to see them using Vernier calipers and Tread depth gauges to check the brake pad thickness, disc rotor thickness and tread depth. Lathangi in Bannerghatta road used to make-do with a faded and worn out metal ruler

Then they raised the car on the lift and drained the oil in a can. They removed the wheels and cleaned and brakes. They used some kind of spray on the rear drums. I was not sure what it was. Engine oil was filled after drawing it out with a hand-cranked pump from a Castrol drum (Lathangi used to have overhead oil dispensers). I noticed a misalignment of the front bumper and the left headlamp which was promptly fixed. I even told them about the headlamp reflector discoloration issue which was reported sometime back in a thread here. They inspected and found the problem however they had no clue. They said they'll raise the issue with Ford about a warranty claim (the car is out of warranty already).

We had got the 3M under-chassis coating done. But I couldn't carry the card which mentioned the free inspection and touch-up every 6 months. When the car was raised we noticed that the coating was scratched in two places (Bangalore on-road mini hills to blame). They asked the 3M guys to touch-up who did it promptly. Then we went for a short road test (not of much use as they only drive around narrow residential streets).

I asked for AC duct cleaning which had started to stink when on outside air mode. They told me that 3M is not approved by Ford for this job (some issue with the specific chemical used by 3M which causes issues with the evaporator) and hence would be done by some company called Waxol (not-sure of the exact name). They charged 750 for the job. I gave the go-ahead for it. Then the vehicle was sent for cleaning (water-less wash) and the AC cleaning. Settled the bill and was out by 1pm. The SA repeatedly asked me to rate him well when I get the service feedback call from Ford as it would help him in his job.

Overall I would rate the experience as satisfactory. The SA did try to sell the engine bay polishing and rat repellent coating but I refused it saying I dont have a rat problem at my apartment. He didn't push further. Most of the little things were attended to promptly without any questions. Many people would come and check with me once in a while and asked for refreshments. Was even asked if I wanted to have lunch arranged

So I would rate the service experience a good 8/10. However I wonder if it was because of me being present there with the vehicle the whole time. Not sure about the service experience of people who opt for the pick-up and drop facility. But I would definitely recommend this service center.
arijitkanrar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2018, 11:44   #22
BHPian

Recent booking experience

Elite Mahadevapura

Calling their listed number turned futile multiple times, once when connected they informed lack of slots. Later someone from Elite gave a call back to take booking and sometime later another person calls to inform no slot and first caller who promised confirmation that evening turned incommunicado. So much for professionalism. This was my first interaction and possibly last with them for service needs.

PPS Ford
My last two visits to this center was positive and found SA friendly and prompt. They confirmed booking and returned a confirmation call , unfortunately unforseen priorities for the day made me cancel booking. This place despite being far, I prefer for good experiences I had.

Metro Ford
Next best option was Yashwantpur branch, thankfully SA available was an acquaintance. Only downside of this place, they are only limited to usual service tasks (read no body work even minor ones like tightening of lose parts ). Tyre alignment machine was out of order hence that had to be taken up elsewhere.
Big news is , this place is going to shutdown soon to make way for new KIA showroom.
Their Hesaraghatta unit is too far and Lingarajpuram is difficult to access thanks to very narrow lanes to reach there.

Apparently PPS is opening new service centers in Yelahanka and Lalbagh area. That's some respite.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 15:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Recent booking experience

Elite Mahadevapura

PPS Ford
When I enquired about Ford Ecosport back in May on call with Elite Ford people, I got a very indifferent response. Went to their showroom directly. Felt the folks at Elite were really not willing to sell. If they were, then they were not adept at it. They were totally lethargic and half hearted. Put off by their attitude, I went to JSP and PPS.

Both dealers were enthusiastic and energetic. Both wanted me to buy from them. So it was down to the final quotes. PPS won. The experience as a whole was smooth and great.
Old 24th December 2018, 16:53   #24
BHPian

Though the title says about a specific service centre, posting my experience here with Elite Ford Mahadevapura, Bengaluru as this post has somewhat turned out to be a general Ford service related one.

Went there for my 3rd year (30K) paid service during Nov2018, my 2015 Ecosport having clocked 16K+ and done couple of medium-long runs in this year apart from the usual city runs.

Getting a service appointment itself was super tough, nothing less than solving some puzzle! Calls to most of their listed phone numbers went either unanswered or IVRS saying this number is either out-of-order or permanently discontinued !? Somehow managed to connect, and got appointment for 9:30 on a Saturday. (80 33405800, 9152874862, 9930613454 -- guess of these, the last one connected).

Dropped in around 9:45, the SA inspected my car around 10:15 or so and prepared a general worksheet. I specifically told them that the car is in perfect condition, so don't do anything other than engine-oil change plus routine maintenance activities for 30K, plus wheel-balancing + rotation. Wanted to stay on and see the service being done, but had to go home due to some other work. Delivery was promised around 5:30, with a tentative bill of 9.5K and I left. Got a call around 5:00 saying car is ready. Had to wait almost upto 6:30 to get the car, did a quick inspection and left as I was in a hurry to go elsewhere. Though was surprised to see the final invoice of exactly 9.5K!

Inspected the car in detail at home, all seemed in order at first glance but not on detailed one. Found that tyre rotation has not been done, plus the wiper on back-glass has been replaced (with the supposedly "old" one left in the trunk). Was surprised as my old one had not worn out to such a level warranting replacement. Upon inspecting the "old" one in trunk, found it was not mine! They'd took some worn-out one and put it in trunk + charged me for replacement ! Seems they've done all these to match the final invoice to the tentative figure.
Also, the contents of small coin drawer below steering has been cleared out ! I had left about Rs.250/- plus numerous coins (amounting to maybe 100) plus some spare nozzle caps -- all gone! (though this is my mistake not to have checked all valuables, as repeatedly told by the SA in the morning). Now, I seriously doubt if they've really changed the engine-oil + other mandatory 30K activities

Overall, I felt cheated and rated the service/SA accordingly around 7-8 and informed the NCR based Ford service about these. Got calls from Elite promptly promising rectifications - though couldn't go back due to work-related travels. It left a bad taste, as I felt I was cheated!

Now, on the lookout for a different service-station for my next service -- don't want to go back to Elite anymore. Their service station also turned out to be cheats like the sales showroom!
KrisTvpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 09:19   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
Now, on the lookout for a different service-station for my next service -- don't want to go back to Elite anymore. Their service station also turned out to be cheats like the sales showroom!
I don't know what to say about Ford service, on the one hand they serviced a 80 lakh rupee Mustang for 5k odd.. and here a Ford Figo for 9.5k rupees.. both equally shocking.

Service centers are the epitome of cheating in India, 3-4k gypped off a vehicle multiplied into 200 cars a month, imagine the scale per service station.. irrespective of brand. Ford seemed to be doing the best job here, like Fiat but even they are pulling a Hyundai once awhile.
Old 26th December 2018, 12:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I don't know what to say about Ford service, on the one hand they serviced a 80 lakh rupee Mustang for 5k odd.. and here a Ford Figo for 9.5k rupees.. both equally shocking.

Service centers are the epitome of cheating in India, 3-4k gypped off a vehicle multiplied into 200 cars a month, imagine the scale per service station.. irrespective of brand. Ford seemed to be doing the best job here, like Fiat but even they are pulling a Hyundai once awhile.
It's the case with every other service industry. Any uninformed customer shall get fleeced. Recently I took my Crysta for 5K service and was told to do a Bactakleen treatment. I asked if it was mandatory and politely rejected the same. Also most of the service center works on relationship. It is important to maintain a cordial relationship with service advisors. I was a regular customer to Elite Ford, and their service was fantastic. I had made good friends with few SA there, and would always call them directly for appointment. This has worked wonders for me.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 11:34   #27
BHPian

Metro Ford messes it up again, this time around it's their Hesaraghatta branch. Yeshwantpur branch got closed a few weeks / months back which i was not aware.

Figo was due for 20,000kms service and the Hesaraghatta branch was the fastest one to reach from my work place, took an appointment for on the 6th of March and dropped it on time on the 7th of March, the whole experience of dropping and picking it up was nothing but a disaster. There is zero co-ordination between folks over there, while i thought this can be overlooked they had to mess up something and oh boy they did.

During delivery of the car which was yesterday, SA took me to the car to show around and i noticed that the key of the car was broken, the actual key was inside the ignition and the plastic case which was in two pieces was kept on seat. SA did not have a clue who did it , he even had the audacity to blame me that it was broken prior to service which was absurd as it was absolutely fine when i dropped the car for on 7th March. He tried fixing it by stop gap way (read jugaad) and failed miserably as the grooves inside the plastic housing were broken.

The service head and the AGM of the place were no good in giving an explanation which is when i was forced to complain to Ford India. I left the place leaving the car behind after they made me wait for about 2 hours while trying to fix the key. They messed up my entire afternoon plans .

Today morning i got a call from SA asking me to withdraw the compliant from Ford and he will fix the key somehow which to me sounded like stop gap fix. I informed him that its beyond that now and let Ford give me a explanation as to how it happened and what are the going to do to permanently fix the key.

Last edited by mjumrani : 12th March 2019 at 11:40. Reason: Typo.
mjumrani is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 11:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Metro Ford messes it up again, this time around it's their Hesaraghatta branch. Yeshwantpur branch got closed a few weeks / months back which i was not aware.
Sorry to hear about your experience with Metro Ford. There was a time when Metro Ford used to be my pick of service center in Bangalore, but surely their interest in KIA has led to their current state of affairs. Most of the old familiar faces in their service center has moved on to different manufacturers and some I could see in PPS Ford when I had last visited them. I had fair share of good experience in getting my car serviced in PPS Ford in their Domlur and lalbagh branch. So next time you can try these folks and they are highly recommended.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 12:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Metro Ford lingarajapuram is shutting shop this month end. With this, all the Metro Ford showrooms and service centre are closed in Bangalore.
The body shop in Hesseraghatta will be open for some more time. Metro has taken up Kia dealerships, but this service centre will be closed for good.

I have been visiting this service centre since 9 years now as it is just 1.5 kms from home.
Next year will be a challenge to find a good service centre.
Old 1st January 2020, 23:52   #30
BHPian

Didn't see this update and was surprised when I went there. Been getting my Fiesta serviced there for the last 4 years. They were quite good to me and at 2kms away, it was quite convenient.
Are there any other ASS that are as good or better than this one? I had been to the Elite Ford one in Mahadevapura and it was a bad experience.
Any recommendations for an ASS or a third party one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks