Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2008, 14:05   #1

Best dealership to buy a new Swift Zxi.

Hi,

My name is Priya. I am a new member to TEAM-BHP and this is my first post despite the fact that I have read through many of the posts here and learned a lot.

After a lot of research, I made a decision to buy a Swift Zxi (Metallic Crystal Gold colour). I like the fact that it is loaded with features such as ABS, dual-front airbags, alloy wheels, etc., as compared to a Swift VDi for slightly less on the road. Also, since my usage is in the range 500-800 km per month, I found that it would take more than 5 years to recoup the extra cost of the diesel version.

Since I live in the Adyar area, I visited the Khivraj Motors dealership in Shastri Nagar, Unfortunately, the salesman assigned to me was neither knowledgeable nor enthusiastic.

The price quoted was as follows:

Ex-shorwoom price (incl accessories: Toolkit & Jack Assembly): 5,14,173
Insurance: 15,093
Registration, Life Tax & Extended warranty for the 3rd year: 40,410
Total: 5,69,676.

Can I please request the experts here to advise me as to whether this is the best OTR price I can get?

I have read elsewhere on these forums that items such as Sunfilm, Floormats, an upgraded audio system, etc., can be negotiated.

Also please help me with advice on whether another dealership like ABT might be a better place to go to get a better deal.

Thanks and with best regards,

Priya.
Old 24th January 2008, 15:23   #2
BHPian

Hi Priya,

Welcome to the forum.Try haggling a bit between the dealers.CARS india is much closer to you as well as ABT.Check the prices and discounts with them as well as the freebies and go for the best deal.

For your information,Swift has 5,000/- as corporate disc in case you are working for some big companies.Make sure that you put the competition between the dealers and then pit them against each other.

Happy car hunting.

Cheers,
RS
Old 24th January 2008, 16:19   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

If you work in a recognized corporate, you could push for a corporate discount as well irrespective of dealership.
Old 24th January 2008, 19:03   #4
BHPian

Hi Priya,
welcome & hope you are enjoying this forum.
Instead of 3rd year extended warranty, opt for 3rd & 4th year extended warranty at a slightly more cost.
It is available & I urge you to go for it so that you avoid later hassles
Maruti build quality is definitely not the best in the industry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks