Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2012, 15:36   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan
Can you please post a detailed feedback on Blue Hyundai?

There is already a thread about blue Hyundai created by me which has the initial positive and the subsequent negative experiences with them . The last time was the final nail in the coffin. It was that bad.
Old 18th May 2014, 11:31   #17
BHPian

re: Recommend Hyundai Service Centers - Bangalore

Dear BHPians, I would like to know which Hyundai A.S.S in Bangalore is the most competent one currently.

My Santro AT 2007 which has run about 25000km makes sort of squealing noise for a minute or so after a cold start. Based on this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ed-60-kph.html, I believe the issue may be with the Power Steering Belt. I normally service the Santro at Trident J.P.Nagar but I feel they have no competent guys and I continued with them only because I had to do routine servicing. In this case I don't trust them to diagnose the problem properly and don't want to pay hefty bills if they don't fix the right things.

Also please suggest if there is any other service center outside of Hyundai who can fix this problem at a lower cost than Hyundai (not sure if it is possible because spares may not be available outside?)

Last edited by mohan41 : 18th May 2014 at 11:40.
Old 4th June 2015, 12:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Dear BHPians, I would like to know which Hyundai A.S.S in Bangalore is the most competent one currently.
Mohan,

Even my 2006 Santro Xing also used make that noise. During regular paid service I complained about it and the adviser said it is due AC belt had become loose. He tightened it and have never got that issue again.

I give my Santro to Advaith on ORR and they have been quite good.

I also have a question about engine oil in general.

I recently gave my Santro to service and the adviser said they have to replace the engine oil. I told him that I had replaced it a year back and the vehicle has run only 3K since then. He replied saying the engine oil will dry up and become solid.
Since Advaith Hyundai have this notorious habit of forcing customers to replace parts during regular maintenance, I always do some research before I give a go ahead to them.
So my question is, is it true that engine oil will dry up over time?

Last edited by ampere : 4th June 2015 at 14:17. Reason: Back to Back Posts: Edited Post for suitable continuity.
Old 26th June 2017, 08:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Bull faces its Matador at Advaith Hyundai Service, Vasanthnagar for the first paid service!

Upside: Good experience and super quick in & out with Arun, the service in charge, and Umesh. Since I insisted they stick to the book and replace only the essential consumables (plus AC filter which resides behind the glove box), final bill was a manageable 4K. Special mention of the 'water-less wash'!

Downside: Hyundai authorized oil is Servo and they don't offer options like Castrol/Mobil/Shell in the basic category. Engine felt far smoother before.
Wonder if I should have it replaced outside!
Attached Thumbnails
Recommend Hyundai Service Centers - Bangalore-advaith.jpg  

Old 26th December 2018, 08:06   #20
BHPian

Hi, I am looking for a decent place to service my i10. I am in the Whitefield area. Had a pretty bad experience with the showroom at KR Puram (they returned the car with a huge dent/scratch on one of the doors).
Any recommended service centers?
Old 26th December 2018, 09:14   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipDog43 View Post
Returned the car with a huge dent and scratch? I would've raised hell if they did that.. didn't you tell them to undo the damage and initiate repairs for the same? Or did they use the excuse of the damage existing before they touched the car?

ALL Hyundai service stations are mediocre to say the least. Good cars, horrendous service experience and on top of that we need to award them 10/10 for their 5/10 job.

Perhaps the best jobs will be done by service centres in major locations, not in far flung areas like KR Puram, Whitefield, Electronics City etc. Try Advaith in Mission Road, perhaps.. not guaranteeing any good experience but a guesswork. Tell them specifically to work on mechanical areas and not initiate decarbonizing, engine flush, fuel additive etc etc. Also NEVER get tyre alignment done there, always better to do it from independent dealers.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 10:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipDog43 View Post
Hi, I am looking for a decent place to service my i10. I am in the Whitefield area. Had a pretty bad experience with the showroom at KR Puram (they returned the car with a huge dent/scratch on one of the doors).
If you are still in warranty, then try Advaith near Graphite India. I used to service my Hyundai Accent with them for 10 yrs since 2003.

Or else you can try Yes Motors in Ramagondanahalli, Whitefield, its a Bosch authorized service center. Now a days I take my Pajero Sports there for regular maintenance or repairs. I have seen them over hauling, Skoda, BMW, Audi and Mercedes engines.

Tamil Selvam is the owner and his crew is well experienced and capable. Couple of weeks back, one of my colleagues i10 faced overheating problem and stalled on road near Sira while returning from Dharwad. He towed it back and took it to Hyundai service center in KR Puram, quote was 80k for repairs.

I asked him to tow his vehicle to Yes Motors. Engines head gasket was gone and there was a slight bend in head unit, and few problems with radiator as well as radiator pump all fixed by Yes Motors in 20k. PM me if you need contact details of the owner.

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 26th December 2018 at 10:25.
deepaktpatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 17:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Returned the car with a huge dent and scratch? I would've raised hell if they did that.. didn't you tell them to undo the damage and initiate repairs for the same? Or did they use the excuse of the damage existing before they touched the car?
Yup, they tried to say it didn't happen in their workshop and other non-sense. but the scratch and dent were so fresh-looking that they couldn't really hold on to their argument for too long. Got the entire rear door and rear fender repaired and re painted free of cost. Overall service experience was also poor, the SA is just a glib talker. doesn't know anything about cars. Told him about a knocking sound coming from the engine, his solution - tighten mud-flaps! unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
If you are still in warranty, then try Advaith near Graphite India. I used to service my Hyundai Accent with them for 10 yrs since 2003.
Will try this out, thanks!
Old 24th June 2019, 13:23   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
If you are still in warranty, then try Advaith near Graphite India.
Tried this place. Was decent, a bit old though. The main issue is the ongoing metro construction around that area. Too much dust, so the cars are never fully clean. Plus they didn't seem very keen to pick-up/drop the vehicle.

Will try other places and update here.
LipDog43 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 19:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Bumping up an old thread.

I need to get my i20 service done (2nd free) and have a choice of Trident Whitefield (actually it's near KR Puram Station), Advaith Bellandur ORR or Advaith Indiranagar Krishna Temple road.

Any inputs on these service stations? Or are all of the same quality?
Old 11th July 2022, 09:03   #26
BHPian

I see 2 Advaith Hyundai service centers on Banerghatta Rd in Hulimavu near Arakere Lake.

One is on Doddamma Main Rd (near HDFC Bank) and the other is on Hulimavu Main Rd (near Viyaan Academy)

Which is better for service?

I don't understand how there can be 2 Hyundai service centers so close to each other, that too of the same parent business.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks