Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2008, 16:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Sah and Sanghi.What the hell..!!!

My relative has a 2006 Zen.It is under extended warranty and has run 20 thousand km.It was given for service about a month and a little over 500 km back.
I had told him to complain about the compressor noise ever since the car was 10 thousand km and a year old.
All the time it was dismissed by the Sah and Sangi People as normal noise and since i forgot about it and my mama dint care much about it as the cooling was perfect.
Later i dint bother much as my mama got busy and needed the car all the time.
After the 20 thousand km service he came to my place and we went for a drive.I realised that the compressor 'chu chu' had increased from what it was before.
I went along with him to Sah and Sangi where he usually services the car.I told them about the noise.
First he said it was the tensioner.I was like.Thik hai.Close the ac and if its still the tensioner the sound will still come right?
Vola AC was shut,sound gone.He agreed its the AC and said the subros guy will come and check and he will decide if we ll get a replacement or no.
All this comes in warranty and definately should not be charged a penny for anything right?
WRONG.
They replace the compressor and call my mama saying
'Compressor dalenge but AC service nahi karenge toh daal ke kya faida'
They said i ll cost him 3000 bucks to service the entire thing
My logic says why fix something which aint broken and why service the AC when everything except the compressor is perfect?
The cooling is perfect.
He fleeched my mama into agreeing for the 3000 RS AC thingy.Later he told me this.I complained to maruti
My explaination in simple words
Your compressor was faulty,you are replacing it under warranty.If the compressor had not been faulty would i have opened the entire AC system up asked you to service the AC even when it was working perfectly?
His answer was negative and thats it.
When they are replacing the compressor cant they water wash the rest of the piping/condensor and fix it back?
This is just not done to take 3 grand from a customer for all this.
Old 4th February 2008, 17:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Did they refund the money? To whom did you send the complaint?
Old 4th February 2008, 18:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

I think they have to re-do the piping, and refill the gas. I dont know if warrantly will cover gas and consumables.
Old 4th February 2008, 18:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Did they refund the money? To whom did you send the complaint?
I had complained to marutis toll free number 1800 1800 180.Got a call from sah and sanghi 2 days back.They were like have u complained?I said Yes and explained the entire incident to the lady.
The lady said she ll check the billing and call me back
She called me back and very apologetically said that we ll adjust the amount in your future service.
So in short we are getting a refund

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
I think they have to re-do the piping, and refill the gas. I dont know if warrantly will cover gas and consumables.
Yeah thats what they charged me for.AC servicing.Refilling the gas was stated as 0 in the bill.
But hey they opened the entire system because compressor was faulty.So they should see to it that they bring it back in tip top condition and as good as new without charging anything to the customer.Its a warranty claim
Anyway ulitmately they learnt it the hard way
Old 4th February 2008, 19:40   #5
BHPian

wow !! I must say i am mighty impressed with the attitude of Maruti A.S.S. no doubt they are number one when it comes to service. wished Fiat could learn a lesson or two from Maruti.
Old 5th February 2008, 12:08   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Humyum, what services were included in the 3,000 rupee charge? I guess things like gas recharging etc. are inevitable when a compressor is changed. Nevertheless, Sah and Sandhi have developed a notorious reputation for fleecing customers, my best friend has had numerous issues (all related to money and work not done) with them. I don't think he is going back anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
wow !! I must say i am mighty impressed with the attitude of Maruti A.S.S. no doubt they are number one when it comes to service. wished Fiat could learn a lesson or two from Maruti.
Ferro, did you even bother to read the opening thread? Humyum is obviously dissatisfied with Sah and Sanghi. What part of his service experience are you left "mighty impressed" with? Please understand that posts like these amount to nothing more than spamming, which is strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.
Old 5th February 2008, 12:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
I had complained to marutis toll free number 1800 1800 180.Got a call from sah and sanghi 2 days back.They were like have u complained?I said Yes and explained the entire incident to the lady.
The lady said she ll check the billing and call me back
She called me back and very apologetically said that we ll adjust the amount in your future service.
So in short we are getting a refund
Humyum, if you have complained against a workshop and they have been forced to do a correction, you are not exactly on their good books. The lady will be all apologetic and all, but then giving your vehicle back to these weasels is not something advised.

What is the gurantee that the next time they do not rip you off on some other thing? Instead of a 1k bill they will charge you with 4k bill, bringing in all the parts changed, blah blah (with proof of the old part!)?

Please ask for a refund and take the vehicle to another service center. If you know these people cheated you once, on what confidence do you go there again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
...Anyway ulitmately they learnt it the hard way
I hope you are the one having the last laugh and not the other way around!
Old 5th February 2008, 12:28   #8
BHPian

So these are the few service centers who spoil the reputaion MSL has built over years. Looks like you got AC gas for free .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
OT - Fiat replaces the faulty spares in warranty without any hassles. This is from first hand experience.
Old 5th February 2008, 13:17   #9
Senior - BHPian

The compressor on my OHC failed within the first year & was replaced by the Honda people without any questions albeit it did take them 2 days to do so since it had to be inspected & approved by a engineer from the Honda factory itself. In that case, I was not charged a single penny for any AC related work (cleaning, gas refilling etc.) done by them.

And I would agree with Humyum here, if the service is necessitated by a defective part under warranty then the related costs should also be borne by the company.
Old 5th February 2008, 14:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Humyum, what services were included in the 3,000 rupee charge? I guess things like gas recharging etc. are inevitable when a compressor is changed. Nevertheless, Sah and Sandhi have developed a notorious reputation for fleecing customers, my best friend has had numerous issues (all related to money and work not done) with them. I don't think he is going back anytime soon.
GTO, they have written in the bill ' AC servicing' 2750 and with tax,vat bla bla it comes upto 3090 and you know what the pathetic part is.He told my mama ' Sir AC SERVICE NAHI KARENGE TOH COMPRESSOR DAALKE KYA FAIDA HAI'. My mama cannot identify a compressor from an alternator so u can understand when he says such things to a layman he ll obviously think that the service advisor is right.Later when he told me this all i could do was complain to maruti as my mama had given them the authority to go ahead with that job and hence i had no say in that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Humyum, if you have complained against a workshop and they have been forced to do a correction, you are not exactly on their good books. The lady will be all apologetic and all, but then giving your vehicle back to these weasels is not something advised.

What is the gurantee that the next time they do not rip you off on some other thing? Instead of a 1k bill they will charge you with 4k bill, bringing in all the parts changed, blah blah (with proof of the old part!)?

Please ask for a refund and take the vehicle to another service center. If you know these people cheated you once, on what confidence do you go there again?
I hope you are the one having the last laugh and not the other way around!
Dont u think they ll be more careful with a customer after they get to know that he knows a thing a two about cars.The car will go for service the next time there with me being with the car all the time and then as soon as the amount is adjusted its tata to sah and sanghi forever.
I m going to ask my mama to bring the car from walkeshwar where he stays to ghatkopar and give it to ravi automobiles every 5000 km.
The only problem with Ravi is that its a MASS.Hence no warranty claims are entertained there.Only sales and service people entertain warranty claims.
Yes i m definately going to be the one having the laugh otherwise one more 1800 1800 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
And I would agree with Humyum here, if the service is necessitated by a defective part under warranty then the related costs should also be borne by the company.
Totally.
Old 5th February 2008, 14:32   #11
BHPian

all i can say is that they have gone to dogs and i am having the last laugh.

in last seven years the whole management has turned upside down, with its best employees leaving them for greener pastures as they are very bad paymasters.

from my sources they are not even selling enuf cars.

i think S&S is going Resham Motors way.

Mansi
Old 7th February 2008, 14:22   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ferro, did you even bother to read the opening thread? Humyum is obviously dissatisfied with Sah and Sanghi. What part of his service experience are you left "mighty impressed" with? Please understand that posts like these amount to nothing more than spamming, which is strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.
I am not at all impressed by Sah & Sanghi, but i am impressed by Maruti tollfree service which takes care of the customer problems faced during service. I had never got a reply or any call from Fiat eventhough i made couple of calls to the toll free number.
chill I don't like to spam either.cheers:
Old 11th April 2012, 17:42   #13
BHPian

Re: Sah and Sanghi. Feedback

I have just moved in to Bombay. I work at Lower Parel at Peninsula Corporate Park. My alto is moving from Kolkata to here and the moment it is here, I need to rectify some AC issues.

How is Sah n Sanghi now? Are they still notorious or is it better to look for some other MASS? I was told Sah n Sanghi is quite close to my work place and hence I was thinking about that.

Can Bombay T-Bhpians give me some insight on which MASS to choose?

Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 18:27   #14
BHPian

Re: Sah and Sanghi. Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
...... I work at Lower Parel at Peninsula Corporate Park. .....
Can Bombay T-Bhpians give me some insight on which MASS to choose?
I have no experience with Sah & Sanghi.

Sai Service is very close to you. It is in Phoenix Mills compound. I have good experiences for two of my cars. I would recommend going to them.
benzinblut is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed