Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2008, 14:52   #1
BHPian

Pathetic Service by Hero Honda

Hello.

I bought a Hero Honda Passion Plus Motorcycle in August 2004 at Ravi Motors, Tumkur.

Since then I have been tortured by your after sales service.

I gave my bike for service at Max Motors, Rajkumar Road. These people are devils agents. When I gave my bike for service, everything was perfect. I gave it only as per the mileage plan that every 2-3000 Kms, it has to be serviced.

But when I got my bike back from service, i went for a test drive and found that the chain was making a lot of noise. I went back to service centre and after 30 minutes, one guy came and told Chain Sprocket is broken and I have to pay Rs.650 if I want it repaired. I told him that when I gave the bike for service it was perfect. He then called his manager and he started shouting at me. He said that they do only those repairs that I mention in job card. I told him that before service chain sprocket was perfect and now after the service the chain sprocket is broken. The manager shouted that they only do minor adjustments and its not their fault and asked me to take my bike and leave.

Though I was tempted to escalate the issue, it was at 11.45 in the morning and I had left all my other work and was waiting there.

Can you kindly inform me what gave Hero Honda, the inspiration to provide such pathetic service? Did I ever refuse to pay for the service? Did I ever demand my bike to be returned in minutes? All I wanted was the faulty parts to be rectified and the bike to serviced to good condition so that my drive will be smooth.

But Hero Honda only wants to retain their Worlds No1 slot (I doubt that) and they do not care how the customers and their bikes are treated once Hero Honda gets money.

I will surely recommend all my friends to not go for Hero Honda Bikes. And those friends who have bought Hero Honda already, I will recommend some private garage than authorised centres.

Hero Honda, your service is pathetic. Never again will I give my bike for service at authorised centres and I am planning to sell my bike.

Never give bike for servicing here: MAX MOTORS
#2/6, Dr. Raj Kumar Road,
III Stage, Rajajinagar
Bangalore - 560 010
IN
M A X* -* M O T O R S
Old 18th February 2008, 15:47   #2
BANNED

Sorry to hear about you experience.

Why can't you write to HH ?
Old 12th August 2013, 14:23   #3
BHPian

Hero Motors Servicing issue

I am using a CBZ Extreme Bike, 2011 August Model which has run around 8000 km and now its suffering from vibration and sound from front sprocket rod
For that I give my Bike for repairing in Nidhi Motors Bangalore

Day1 - They give the bike back without fixing the issue
Day2 - I took the bike back to service centre and showed them the problem exist and then also they did some greasing and told that issue is gone
When I took the testride, I found the problem persist and their greasing only brought it down and not solved
When I asked them , they told me that it will get rectified after few days. ( Im not sure whats the logic behind rectifying itself)
But the problem is still there and is increasing once bike got heated after 10-15 km run

Basically I found that service centre dont want to fix the issue and trying to cover it by minor adjustments here and there. And more over a waste of time for me
I am unable to find any customer complaint section in hero Honda site as well as in customer care number they provided.
Do we have any option like that ?. Any suggessions ?

I already got bad experience with Hero Service centres, and I sold my previous Bike Karizma after servicing several times for same issue in different service centres and they are not able to fix my bike
Old 12th August 2013, 16:17   #4
BHPian

Re: Hero Motors Servicing issue

Well, your bike surely must be out of warranty now, so why break your head with Hero? Get it checked by an independent mechanic.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 16:44   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Well, your bike surely must be out of warranty now, so why break your head with Hero? Get it checked by an independent mechanic.
+1 to it. I don't know about other's experience, but what I have noticed is that the mechanics at the ASC are lazy guys. At least at Honda. They are always bent on brushing aside any issue without even a proper inspection.

When my bike was in warranty, I went to Honda for first 2 free services. Rest all, I got done at a good FNG at my own cost. You are in a much better situation, since you have no warranty to take care of.

PS: Few weeks ago, my bike was due for oil strainer cleaning. I went to Honda (tried) but they first said it's not needed at all Later when I insisted for the job, they told me to leave the bike for 2 days with them For cleaning a filter? I got that done at the FNG at a very reasonable cost.
Old 12th August 2013, 16:46   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunrajk81 View Post
I already got bad experience with Hero Service centres, and I sold my previous Bike Karizma after servicing several times for same issue in different service centres and they are not able to fix my bike
You had a previous Hero bike and found the service to be deficient, yet you went ahead and bought a new Hero bike !!! I bought a TVS RTR160 and had a horrible time with the service center. I finally sold it and never considered TVS as a choice again.

As for the problem that you are facing with the bike, there must be another service center in your town. Take it to them and show them the problem. Your other choice is to show the bike to have the bike inspected by a private mechanic with a reasonable amount of knowledge of bikes.
Old 12th August 2013, 20:09   #7
BHPian

If this is the case with the country's no. 1 manufacturer [in terms of sale], the plight of the people stuck with lesser known brands/products could be even worse.

Apart from getting it serviced from an independent mechanic, what I'd suggest (from my experience with my Suzuki GS150R) is to try with different authorized service centers in your city. From my experience, I could suggest you this:
  • Don't ever get any major problems listed down on the job card when giving for a general service. General services (oil change + labor + air/oil filter) are where ASCs get huge profits.
  • Instead, go to an ASC, deny them "general service", "oil change" and "water wash", etc., ask them to fix your problem. Better still, you could just have a senior service manager test drive your vehicle. Let him identify/diagnose the problem himself. If you're not satisfied with his competence or behavior, move on.
  • Change engine oil at Shell petrol pumps. They do it for free.
  • If you must get the oil changed from the ASC, check the oil color after taking delivery.
Old 18th August 2013, 13:46   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
You had a previous Hero bike and found the service to be deficient, yet you went ahead and bought a new Hero bike !!! I bought a TVS RTR160 and had a horrible time with the service center. I finally sold it and never considered TVS as a choice again.

As for the problem that you are facing with the bike, there must be another service center in your town. Take it to them and show them the problem. Your other choice is to show the bike to have the bike inspected by a private mechanic with a reasonable amount of knowledge of bikes.

My earlier Bikes from Hero Motors were Karizma and Splendour
Splendour was a nice experience and still my neighbour using after 15 years.
And more over I was having bit aggressive riding style with Karizma which I want to bring down which makes me think of CBZ extreme.
Another reason for shortlisting Xtreme was due to rear Disk break (Actually i booked Hunk which they told delivery takes time)
I parallely own a Pulsar , so I dont want to go for it again

Yamaha Fz, Fazer i test drive and found its having bad Ground clearance compared to Karizma. Its not suited for my style of riding

Anyway, now i decieded to go for any bike where service is good rather than Bike quality

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks