Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2005, 01:02   #1
Team-BHP Support

Requesting feedback on Fiat Dealer in Bangalore

Hi All,

I am seriously considering purchasing Fiat Petra in Bangalore. Is there any Petra/Palio owners from Bangalore here?

I would love to hear your experiences in dealing with Sundaram Automobiles, the only Fiat Dealer in Bangalore...

Regards,
Samurai
Old 25th January 2005, 08:57   #2
BHPian

Hello Samurai,
I bought my petra from Sundaram in december last year. I was happy with them throughout my dealings. Of course, they are not as aggressive as Ford dealers in bangalore. But are more knowlegable and sensible. I cannot comment much on their after sales service, but based on what I heard from couple of my friends who are having Palios, service is generally good and Sundaram is trying to improve their existing image. Main problem with them is that they are not flexible enough (like other car dealers) to give discounts. Let me know if you want any further information.
-sivadas
Old 25th January 2005, 09:27   #3
BHPian

Hey Samurai, the caris fine and a good choice but the dealer is not..they remove the spares from your car and redo with spurious ones..keep the good spares for their FAVORITE customers or may ecen sell them to the outside market...Will not give you the complete accessories that comes free with the car...and also after the srvice youmight get a dented car..
regards,
CK.
Old 25th January 2005, 09:35   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas
I cannot comment much on their after sales service, but based on what I heard from couple of my friends who are having Palios, service is generally good and Sundaram is trying to improve their existing image.
That's encouraging, I was a little worried based on a review on them in Mouthshut.com site. I hope you'll post your first service experience when it happens.

I have to wait few more months anyway before I can go for the purchase. Our company accountant informed me that I can't go for an auto loan through the company until company taxes are filed for the year 2004-05. Since the company is in it's first year, it can't get credit until taxes are filed. Buying through the company saves me loads of tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas
Main problem with them is that they are not flexible enough (like other car dealers) to give discounts. Let me know if you want any further information.
If that's their main problem, I am relieved. The car is already very cheap in price, I can understand if they are reluctant to offer any more discount. By buying through the company I am using my pre-tax income, I'll save lots of money right there.

Thanks a Lot,
Samurai

Last edited by Samurai : 25th January 2005 at 09:41.
Old 25th January 2005, 09:40   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIFORNIAKNIGHT
Hey Samurai, the caris fine and a good choice but the dealer is not..they remove the spares from your car and redo with spurious ones..keep the good spares for their FAVORITE customers or may ecen sell them to the outside market...Will not give you the complete accessories that comes free with the car...and also after the srvice youmight get a dented car..
regards,
CK.
True. That may be happening in many dealerships. However, does this happen with Sundaram Automobiles in Bangalore? That's my real concern.

Thanks,
Samurai
Old 25th January 2005, 10:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

I am a Palio 1.2 ELX NV owner from Bangalore. My car has completed its first year and so far, absolutely no complaints from it. It rides and handles like a dream. Regarding Sundaram, I guess they have improved quite a lot. Yes, they are not so good with discounts. The only discount I got was the corporate discount. Not even the doormats, etc were given for free, though a very nominal amount was charged for that. That inspite of a very hard bargaining from me and my friend (we both purchased together). They now arrange for a pick up and drop to their service center. They charge a nominal amount for the same. Their service is good according to me, but they dont maintain delivery timings. If they say they will drop your car back by 6 pm, be assured that you will get it only the next day. Apart from that, I found them quite OK.
Old 25th January 2005, 17:03   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
True. That may be happening in many dealerships. However, does this happen with Sundaram Automobiles in Bangalore? That's my real concern.

Thanks,
Samurai

It very much happens in Sundaram motors.. there was this customer who says his 2 month old palio after the 2nd service looks like a 2 year old car..and still if you are to buy your car from there plz get in the showroom befor 5.30pm or else..the guyz would ask you to come the next day..It has actually happened..
Old 25th January 2005, 17:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

I think, every manufacturer should have at least 2 dealers in each city, well, at least big cities. Competition helps!
Old 25th January 2005, 17:38   #9
BHPian

have seen some terrible experiences that my friends have had with sundaram.
but the fiat owners(deepakhon and sivadas) seem to give it a clean chit - so you need not worry too much i guess. probably they have improved over the past year.
Old 26th January 2005, 04:00   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
They now arrange for a pick up and drop to their service center.
If they say they will drop your car back by 6 pm, be assured that you will get it only the next day.
Wow...it SCARES me to even think of using that service!!!!
Its bad enough that other people get to drive our cars in the service center alone (and we know how many bad things can happen there!), but to have someone pickup the car and take it there..... wow... thats scarier than giving a car to a valet in my opinion!!

cya
R
Old 7th March 2005, 14:40   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I think, every manufacturer should have at least 2 dealers in each city, well, at least big cities. Competition helps!
I would think that the Palio/Petra not selling at all should be enough to drive sense into Sundaram to improve their image. If they really cant sell with people willing to come and buy the car, God save them.

Maybe some Team-BHPians should be approached by Fiat et al as dealers. One thing is certain, the people will be knowledgeable, and since all are car lovers, we will respect and understand others' sentiments.
Old 7th March 2005, 14:57   #12
BHPian

sunderam in bangalore are pretty bad at customer service....pre sales is not bad. i own a 2002 1.2 elx. never really had a problem with the car. ive stopped dealing with sunderam motors completely. get my car serviced at RAC...if any parts are required RAC sources it from sunderam....they have this really 'old world unionised workman' attitude...dont really know much about the cars they service...dont really care much about the car....basically pretty twisted numb skulls!!...as you can see ive had some bad moments with them ;-)
Old 7th March 2005, 15:50   #13
Team-BHP Support

Yes Anoop, this seems be the case for every Palio or Fiat owner with Sundaram. Surprisingly that's not the case with their other offerings. I've very little or nothing to say against Sundaram's (till date) quality.

Just don't know but how long though.
Old 7th March 2005, 16:40   #14
Team-BHP Support

Can't believe these guys belong to the same group that owns Sundaram Fasteners which has so many quality awards to it's credit.

anoops, when you get everything done at RAC what happens with parts that are under warranty? Can RAC process the warranty cover or do you have to pay up?
Old 9th March 2005, 11:24   #15
BHPian

samurai,
ive never really faced any prob, my car is over 2 years old so no more warrenty...and no RAC does not cover parts under warrenty...but i like the way RAC treats my car...for them its a labour of love...unlike sunderam, for those freaks it just another pile of metal that needs to be shoved out of the service station as soon as possible, with shoddy work...and their attitude...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks