Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2013, 20:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
re: Horrible experience with Cauvery Ford, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
The problem is getting parts. Most manufacturers (except perhaps Maruti) will not sell you parts unless you get the car repaired at the service dealership. So, even if one finds a good mechanic, what is the point of going to him if you can't get the parts for your mechanic? This of course, is not the case of a Maruti since one can get parts anywhere.
Ok! my bad i seriously did not have an idea about the other manufacturers having things this way. Dad is going to have some real problem once he shifts back here if he doesn't buy a maruti!
But in case of 2-wheelers i always buy my bikes spares from the Yamaha dealer and get them changed from my local mechanic. Other manufacturers should also start this practice.
Old 21st June 2017, 10:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

My own experience last week, I booked another Ecosport (1.5TDCi, Titanium) on June 9th and opted for Ford Credit instead of SBI. I was promised that vehicle will be delivered in 4 days and verification process will start on Monday because of the weekend. When I was not expecting anyone from Ford Credit on Saturday a guy came to my place, one more person came on Monday in the evening. I got a call from the dealer on Wednesday evening to make the D/P and sign the loan agreement. I went to the dealer on Sunday after prior communication but the Finance person was not willing to come on a weekend. If so how did they do a verification on the previous weekend? The Sales executive tried to convince the Finance person but he did not want to come. I finally canceled the booking. My question to Ford is, what it would have cost the dealer to spend some time and close the agreement. If the dealers are ready to lose a customer for such small reasons, then they are looking at a bleak future. This is their attitude for a second-time buyer within 5 months.

Last edited by deehunk : 21st June 2017 at 11:02.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 05:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
My question to Ford is, what it would have cost the dealer to spend some time and close the agreement. If the dealers are ready to lose a customer for such small reasons, then they are looking at a bleak future. This is their attitude for a second-time buyer within 5 months.
I got a call from Cauvery Ford on July 1st to take my feedback after I posted in this thread. I clearly explained the reasons behind my decision, the Manager also agreed that most of the enquiries happen on weekends. This is something which all dealers have to realise and plan their work schedule.

Most Viewed