Team-BHP - Horrible experience with Cauvery Ford, Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Horrible experience with Cauvery Ford, Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/36631-horrible-experience-cauvery-ford-bangalore.html)

This is my experience with the Ford Dealership. The dealer is Cauvery Ford. The car had run 17800 kms. We can assume it is a sort of 20,000 kms servicing. Moreover, it was already more than 5000 kms afte the last service. Previous servicng was on Oct-07.

Took the appointment for servicing the previous day (29/02). They told me to come at 1030 hrs on 01/03. Entered Cauvery Ford at 1020 hrs. The service engineer came at 1100 hrs even though the appointment was at 1030 hrs. Yes, since it was saturday there were lot of cars given for servicing. But the time given to a customer should be ahered by the dealership at any cost right?

The Service Engineer (SE) Sunil Ithal promptly came at 1100 hrs and took the car and started the checking the car. The following were the complaints I had given to him to attend to apart form normal service check up.
1) Radiator Coolant leaking& flushing & refilling with the ford recomended coolant.
2) LH RR Door - Not locking properly.
3) Noise in FR LH door (RATLING)
4) Engine Oil Change.
5) Clutch giving jerks while changing gears.
6) Tyres rotaion and wheel balancing.
7) Check brakes and wiring.
8) Normal service check ups.
Discussed every bit of the problem I was encountering with the vehicle to the SE. I informed the SE about the leakage of the radiator coolant. As I had filled up a green coolant temporarily (as the original coolant had leaked out completely), he informed since the its not the Ford recommended coolant, we should not use it as it will affect the performance of the ECU. I was flabbergasted and kept on wondering as what was the relation between the ECU and the coolant. He informed that the car requires a thermostat assy replacement as the coolant has leaked into the thermostat. I asked him is there any way out in retaining the previous part with some minor repairs. He told will check up and call back the same day evening which did not happen. I called him up and he told he will inform on 03/03. Anyways, I wanted the part to be up and functioning and I did not argue on this. He initially gave the estimate of 4200 for servicing and other things and another 4000 for thermostat . Totalling to 8200.

I wanted the delivery on 02/03. He told since it was sunday, he said he will try and will not promise. But he promised the delivery on 03/03. Took the service order and left the dealership.

I began to f/up for the vehicle delivery from 03/03 morning and he informed that he still have to check up the radiator leaking and he will call me back. But again he failed to call back. Afternoon, I called him up and he said the whole thermostat assy has to be replaced. I had to agree as I did not have any choice. I asked about the delivery and he informed that it will be given on 04/03 as some of the work is still pending. Remember the promised date was 03/03. I went to collect the vehicle on 04/03 afternoon. I was made to wait for about 20 mins. Since India-Australia cricket match going on, there were nobody to take care of customers. All the perople in the dealership were watching the TV (kept for customers). Anyways, I do not have any complaint to make as they are also humans.

The servicing bill goes like this: Housing t/stat-Rs.952; connector 4W 1.6L-Rs.324; Fuel filter - IK+ESC-Rs.118; Mesh Filter-Rs.117; Gasket T/Stat-Rs.543; Washer Fluid pouch-Rs.49; Filter Oil SOHC-Rs.81; Element Air clearner Ikon-Rs.264; Bulb dbl fil/brk lt-Rs.52; cock drain-Rs.35; Coolant 5 ltrs-Rs.763; Wheel balancing wts-Rs.114; screw t/stat hsg-Rs.88; clip msh fltr-Rs15; Engine Oil (Mobil 10W30)-Rs.620; Labour charges for above: Rs1915; Taxes-770; Total bill came to Rs.6876. But it is very costly when compared to Maruti as I had a WagonR earlier.

After taking delivery I checked the vehicle and particualrly asked the SE about the ratling noise and he informed it is taken care off and there is no ratling noise. I took the deliery of vehicle and started towards home. After a few kms, again the ratling noise started, it was mild. As I was very near to home, I thought of taking the car to him after some time. Y'day when I was going to my office, the ratling noise began more this time. This time it was terrible. Called up the SE and asked him why the ratling noise is still there. He did not have any answers and asked me to come with the vehicle today/tomorrow. He will see how it can be rectified.

My query is when the SE did know the ratling noise is still exists then why did he acknowledge and inform me that it has been rectified? I have to take the vehicle again. Drive from my house to dealer is around 16 kms one way. One more thing is I forgot to remove a couple of things like warning triangle and some of the chains & brass door locks which was under the dicky carpet in the car and it has been promptly removed by dealer and they are unable to locate the same now. Can I get back the same? I hope not.

Well this is my experience with Cauvery Ford. I would rate this experience as 3/10 with 10 being excellent. Not even half way satisfied with the servicing of the dealership they provided to me.:Frustrati

Bad is not the word to use, I have never faced such problems with hyundai.

Ford seem to get worser.

A.S.S is worst with these guys in Ford.

Maruti has is the best A.S.S, we never faced any problems in servicing our Esteem at RNS.They are the number one in servicing,

There should be Union regardless of brands in these A.S.S and they should fine the dealers who are not doing good job in servicing and bar them from these Unions.

What do you say guys????

Hi,

> Took the appointment for servicing the previous day (29/02). They told me
> to come at 1030 hrs on 01/03. Entered Cauvery Ford at 1020 hrs. The
> service engineer came at 1100 hrs even though the appointment was at
> 1030 hrs. Yes, since it was saturday there were lot of cars given for
> servicing. But the time given to a customer should be ahered by the
> dealership at any cost right?

What if a previous customer who was given a time before 10.30, say 10.15, and he came late? Should he be attended or not? Since the number of SEs would be restricted, in that scenario, the above would have been possible.

But did your SE give any explanation as to why he was late?

I have had similar experience in the Toyota dealership. But then they explain things immediately. Then again after prompt check in at another time, the vehicle was lying in the receiving bay for an hour before it went into the service bay.

Your experience is indeed bad and service should not have happened the way you have described.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trrk (Post 751046)
Hi,

What if a previous customer who was given a time before 10.30, say 10.15, and he came late? Should he be attended or not? Since the number of SEs would be restricted, in that scenario, the above would have been possible.

But did your SE give any explanation as to why he was late?

Nope. No explanations given. I did not ask also. I was little bit jittery as they had called me at 1030 hrs and did not honor their timing. Ford does have a system that they will not accept the service bookings beyond a certain nos. per day.

On a Saturday, service centers are bound to be overloaded with cars. While i have also had to wait for close to 20 mins or so, i understood their plight, and didnt create a ruckus. That they apologised for the delay to me was also considered.

About the rattling from the door, we all know finding the source of a rattle, and successfully eliminating it is no easy task. Else, all Swifts would have become rattle-free rather fast.

You have included the cost of wheel balancing also in the servicing costs. Shouldnt that be exclusive of the servicing cost? Just wondering.

Thermostat issue, no idea, Would leave it to the technical guys to comment.

Sorry to see the bad experiernce.

But irrespective of service centres this is how it goes because of heavy rush and less staff to handle it.

I learnt every one has to go through these tough times service guys being careless.

I have also realized more multibrand service stations stands up with good mechanics in every city issue will come down day by day. Right now every car manufacturer is unable to handle every customer with smile which is very unfortunate.

When I discussed with managers there they say very soon we can see improvement. But my question when? I am waiting from last 3 years to see one good service. 3 years before I was very happy with RNS Yeshwantpur later on quality started coming down. Its mainly because of heavy rush.

Regards,

Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 752186)
On a Saturday, service centers are bound to be overloaded with cars. While i have also had to wait for close to 20 mins or so, i understood their plight, and didnt create a ruckus. That they apologised for the delay to me was also considered.

About the rattling from the door, we all know finding the source of a rattle, and successfully eliminating it is no easy task. Else, all Swifts would have become rattle-free rather fast.

You have included the cost of wheel balancing also in the servicing costs. Shouldnt that be exclusive of the servicing cost? Just wondering.

Thermostat issue, no idea, Would leave it to the technical guys to comment.

Yeah. I understand this. But they take only 25~30 vehicles/day for servicing. They have come to this figure based on the availability of staff and the mechanics (I feel). Anyways, past is past.

About rattling, you mean, I have to leave with it till I sell this vehicle? Anyways, I'am taking the vehicle this wednesday let me see what ford guys can do...

I seriously feel, they have to plan multiple servicing stations in city as the no. of vehicles they are selling is also increasing day after day. Hope they are listening to this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 752340)
About rattling, you mean, I have to leave with it till I sell this vehicle? Anyways, I'am taking the vehicle this wednesday let me see what ford guys can do...

Did i say that? :D
Its a trial and error thing, which they need to do.

There is one on my car as well. Comes from somewhere behind. Started from my last trip to Kerala, along the non-roads of TN. Yet to be sorted out. Liveing with it for now, till the servicing in April.

Guys,

I have had some rattling, only if one could pay attention and I have got this sorted during early days.

The sound was from back seats, Ford says that at times when there is jerk, rough and tough handling by panssengers, the back seat which has clips holding it to the base comes out.

And these clips once out would not fit in and they must be replaced with new ( costs nominal rs 25-50 or free at times).

This has set the rattling out....

Guys know what, somebody called Joseph (from Cauver Ford) called me y'day about the above and asked me to meet him when I go for repairs. Hope he is the manager here.

Also, a special thanks to Nikhilb2008. Your idea (as per your pm to me) has worked. He was speaking about the above experience.

Tomorrow morning I'am taking the vehicle to dealer and will be meeting Joseph. Let me see what will happen. Will update tomorrow after my meeting with Joseph.

Yes, the director came to know abt this incident through me.

@snaronikar, next time you have any issue with them, contact the directors directly !! :P . Their email addresses are available on the bill or something right ?

The director was a little upset that you didnt contact him and directly posted on the website thus giving them bad publicity.

Anyway, if they do solve your problem then it will be ok. Anyway guys, from next time, please try to solve the problems in all ways before resorting such measures like posting here :)

The direcotrs take great interest in customer satisfaction and one email to them from you would have done the job instantly !!

Anyway, do go tomorrow and post back. All the best :)

I have posted about my experience with Cauvery Ford. Becoming upset will not help anybody. What he needs to do is to tackle the root cause of these problems i.e., their servicing and customer friendly attitude.

I did not have any complaints with dealers when I was owing other cars and had given servicing. Infact, the dealers themselves called up and informed about the readiness of the cars and if at all any parts needs to be replaced. It did not happen here. Moreover, they did not attend to the complaints I had given. OR if they had attended, was not able to solve the same. I still have the problems of Sl No 2 & 3 as mentioned in my original post.

The email id which is given on the invoice is a general id and it does not specify whether it is a director's or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 (Post 756064)
Yes, the director came to know abt this incident through me.

@snaronikar, next time you have any issue with them, contact the directors directly !! :P . Their email addresses are available on the bill or something right ?

The director was a little upset that you didnt contact him and directly posted on the website thus giving them bad publicity.

Anyway, if they do solve your problem then it will be ok. Anyway guys, from next time, please try to solve the problems in all ways before resorting such measures like posting here :)

The direcotrs take great interest in customer satisfaction and one email to them from you would have done the job instantly !!

Anyway, do go tomorrow and post back. All the best :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 756212)
I have posted about my experience with Cauvery Ford. Becoming upset will not help anybody. What he needs to do is to tackle the root cause of these problems i.e., their servicing and customer friendly attitude.

I did not have any complaints with dealers when I was owing other cars and had given servicing. Infact, the dealers themselves called up and informed about the readiness of the cars and if at all any parts needs to be replaced. It did not happen here. Moreover, they did not attend to the complaints I had given. OR if they had attended, was not able to solve the same. I still have the problems of Sl No 2 & 3 as mentioned in my original post.

The email id which is given on the invoice is a general id and it does not specify whether it is a director's or not.

Anyway dude, you know the facts better than me :p

do post back what happens tomorrow :). All the best.

BTW, do tell the concerned person abt the radiator-ECU issue. That also should be brought to the notice of the higher ups.

Nikhil,

Right way you said, here too in hyd I do ensure when ever i have issues i have the works manager to look in to the detail as he is assigning the work.

At times, I do keep the workshop head to look in... thnaks to my mail to Ford customer care -chennai folks that worked...