Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2008, 23:39   #1
BHPian

Any recommendations for Maruti Dealer in Bangalore?

Hi guys,

I am planning to purchase Wagon R VXi. Has anyone from Bangalore recently bought this? Is so, which showroom do you recommend for the best bargain?

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th March 2008, 14:30   #2
BHPian

There are quite a few threads discussing this exact topic.
Anyway to answer it in short, no one dealer will give you best bargain. Go to one get the quotation...take it to another and ask him to better it.

I had pretty good purchase experience with Mandovi. You can also try Garuda.

Regards,
Old 14th March 2008, 14:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikat View Post
I am planning to purchase Wagon R VXi. Has anyone from Bangalore recently bought this?
I'm sure scores of people would have.

Quote:
which showroom do you recommend for the best bargain?
Bargains vary from dealer to dealer. You can expect pretty good deals in March as it is the financial year end. Shop for rates and info and then take your pick.
Old 14th March 2008, 15:51   #4
BHPian

Quote:
I had pretty good purchase experience with Mandovi
I agree. But try Kalyani, they are new in the business(AFAIK) and might give you some discount.
Old 14th March 2008, 17:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

It is the A.S.S that matters not the dealership. Mostly dealers are good.
All dealers are quite good. Meet all of them and try to strike a deal. the deal which suits you, go with them.

My personal suggessions: MANDOVI, BIMAL, RNS (there is a new one called Kalyani check that out)

Abhi
Old 14th March 2008, 19:27   #6
BHPian

OR price of Wagon R VXi (w/o ABS and airbag) in Bangalore from my enquiries:

Bimal, Indiranagar: Rs. 4,15,381
Pratham, ORR: Rs. 4,12,514
Pratham (Queens Rd): Rs. 4,12,390 [car + Rs. 5k worth accessories]
Kalyani Motors: Rs. 4,12,880

I read many horror stories about Bimal & not-so-good stuff about Mandovi. So these are out.
Kalyani is not giving a good price, so that's out.
Due to many +ve reviews plus lower price, am going w/ Pratham.

Thanks for the replies guys.

If I buy from a dealer, can't I get A.S.S from another? After all, they are all Maruti service centers. Isn't it or, will I be treated like a step child?
Old 14th March 2008, 20:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I buy from a dealer, can't I get A.S.S from another? After all, they are all Maruti service centers. Isn't it or, will I be treated like a step child?
Yes you can. No dealer can deny service that ways.
Old 14th March 2008, 21:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thats the way to go. Buy from the dealer who gives you the best price, service at the best A.S.S that you can find.

Be aware that what is good for one(service wise) may not be good for another. I mean, people can have good and bad experiences at the same A.S.S and each then forms his own review. So do not take reviews as gospel, unless it is the same picture presented by everyone(even then, take it with a pinch of salt).

I have had both good and bad experiences at Pratham A.S.S, but I still go to them, because, by now I know everyone there and more often than not, they do the job to my satisfaction. Or rather, I ensure they do. By now they know I am a finicky customer, so they try and minimize my visits to them by giving good service.
Old 14th March 2008, 22:35   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree with kuttapan. The same service stations can have mixed reviews from different customers and points-of-view.
Old 14th March 2008, 23:33   #10
BHPian

Also try Sagar on Banneghatta road and Bimal in Mahadevpura heard that they offer good discounts depends on your bargaining power.

As for Service stations you can go to anyone you; if you know some supervisors there it helps
Old 15th March 2008, 08:36   #11
BHPian

my experiences with following dealers

sagar: never returned a call . so i didnt bother to check with them again

pratham: didnt offer a test ride. gave me loan rates which was a month old and told me that if i take the vehicle now(it was december) he can delay the registration for 1 month, getting it done in jan 08 there by making it a 08 model. appeared ready to negotiate

bimal: offered test drive, pickup and drop from residence. not open to negotiation. tried forcing UTI loan when i was getting better deal with icici and sbi.

after some thought and word of mouth , i went with bimal . the 08 promise made by pratham help me decide it (is car model based on reg month and year???)

A.S.S.: once had an accident and had to replace headlight and bumper (from bimal). the bimal insurance also corrected my RC book which had a wrong entry.Didnt give any ride back home once i gave vehicle for repair. they were ready to come anywhere before i took delivery. after this my headlight went off during a night ride. fortunately this happened within 2 kms within my home and the area is well lit. took it to mandovi next day since its close to office. he told the bulb was an old one and some issue with fuse as well. didnt expect bimal to replace it with an old bulb
and the mandovi mech gave his number to me and said no need to come here again . just call me i will repair it for you outside here

PS: its a wagonR duo . will post a review later
Old 15th March 2008, 10:08   #12
BHPian

rajesh:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...istration.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/663515-post21.html
Old 15th March 2008, 14:45   #13
BHPian

thanks srikat.
Also check for corporate discounts
you can also check price in bimalmaruti.com
Old 24th March 2008, 15:22   #14
BHPian

Mandovi

Hi,

My personal exp...
Mandovi (Wilson garden .. behind shanti ngr BMTC) for service
and JP nagar mandovi as a optional choice.

Buy your car from a place where you get best discounts,

>>>
pratham: didnt offer a test ride. gave me loan rates which was a month old and told me that if i take the vehicle now(it was december) he can delay the registration for 1 month, getting it done in jan 08 there by making it a 08 model. appeared ready to negotiate
>>>

Nope, you year of manufacture decides the year, RTO registration will not help change it. However in long run after say 5 yrs the different amount at true value will be around 7k only between the models.

Garuda is the new Maruti dealer (on Lalbhag road) after they exited from GM.
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:10   #15
BHPian

I agree with akroy. The service is very important. Just buy the car from the dealer who give the best discount and then look around for a reliable A.S.S.

There is this M.A.S.S on the service road of the Banaswadi ORR called Viswas Udyog. I found this place after having my car serviced at various A.S.S around East and North Bangalore and this was the most reliable and trouble free service I've had till now. My Esteem and Zen get pampered here and its now over a year since Ive been going to them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks