Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 03:01   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
During the check up of if they claim that the machine ain't working ?
Once it happened with me. The guy testing informed me that the machine stopped working so i will have to come back later.

I just drove off and after reaching home, found his PUC machine's nozzle still stuck inside the vehicle's exhaust. I didn't give him enough time to remove it I guess. Never bothered to go back to that place again
Old 11th October 2008, 03:03   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Never bothered to go back to that place again
Of course you didn't
Old 13th October 2008, 11:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
I got a PUC certificate from Gurgaon for my Swift Ldi, the guy did not check the emission level. He simply clicked the picture of the number plate and gave me the certificate. I was charged Rs. 60/-.
Quote:
Which pump is this ? I will go to him only !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Eddy, The Pump is on the Old Delhi road(the road on which Dhingra motors have thier showroom). The pump is little distance from BSNL building. There is PUC checking kiosk there.
Quote:
Update: Got my PUC from the petrol pump that is almost opposite 32nd Milestone complex on NH-8 Gurgaon. No checking done. Charged 70 bucks for the certificate. No hassles.

Not ethical maybe, but very convenient.
Just for your future reference - the PUC booth at the BP pump opposite Gold Souk. 60 rupees, no issues - that's where I get mine done.
Old 13th October 2008, 12:19   #34
BANNED

The bunk next to Indirangar BDA charges rs 100 for a Diesel.

Why extra for a Diesel?
Old 17th October 2008, 14:47   #35
Senior - BHPian

IBP Petrol pump on 80 feet road Koramangala do PUC for Diesel this is just few meters from Sony-World / Vijay auto junction when you go towars national games village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Same same, any info on Bangalore where to get it done?

Saw a machine in Old Madras Rd IOC near indira nagar BDA.
Quote:
The bunk next to Indirangar BDA charges rs 100 for a Diesel.

Why extra for a Diesel?
Machine for Diesel is different and more expensive, also test parameters are different and not all PUC test centers have Diesel testing facility

Last edited by amitk26 : 17th October 2008 at 14:52.
Old 17th October 2008, 15:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Which pump is this ? I will go to him only !!
Eddy, you can get it done in Okhla also. When you go from Kalka Mandir towards Phase-II, there is only 01 Petrol Pump on the main road. Just walk up to him and tell him that boss pollution check karwana hai leking dhuan zyaada hai aur service bhi due hai.... he'll just click the Photo and change the readings in the machine and print it for you..
Old 18th October 2008, 02:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

In case we are still continuing with Eddy's list of pumps that give PUC to Diesels after checking

1. Servicircle HP, Mathura Road, Ashram on Faridabad side
2. Kaushalya HP, Mathura Road, Friends Colony West
3. IOC Pump, opposite Sarai Kale Khan CNG pump
(This one is a really nice, talkative guy and will quiz you endlessly about your diesel engine and also do a very correct procedure for the PUC Test. I prefer going there for both my bike and car, not for convenience or speed but for getting to know the actual health of my engines).
4. IOC Pump, Chirag Delhi
And quite a few more...

Incidentally the pump no 1 in this list is where I have been filling up for 7-8 years. Never had a problem on my bike with petrol quality. Using the same pump for diesel in my car. Although some people claim IOC diesel gives better mileage than HP.

Last edited by architect : 18th October 2008 at 02:27.
Old 26th May 2009, 15:42   #38
BHPian

Man I thought I was the first to face this issue. Now as my Innova getting older (3 months) I have to look for PUC certificate for her. But today was the bad day I would say. I have check in almost all pumps in my area (Shalimar, Ashok Vihar, G. T. Road, Kashmiri gate). I came to know only Bharat Petrol pumps has that Machine. so reached one on G.T Road Near Gurudwara, but Machine was not working. Then on lane in front of Kashmiir gate where we have Sant permanand Hospital. The one in fron to this Hospital does has that, but guy refused saying they don't do for Diesel. Any one know any other pump in this route. or nearby pump who does check for Diesel cars too.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:10   #39
BHPian

When should one get the first PUC done for a new car? AFAIK, for the first year, the PUC that comes from the factory is valid. My Dzire ZDi has entered its 7th month. Should I get one done?
Old 26th May 2009, 18:41   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dushmish View Post
When should one get the first PUC done for a new car? AFAIK, for the first year, the PUC that comes from the factory is valid. My Dzire ZDi has entered its 7th month. Should I get one done?
PUC is valid for 3 months only. So whether its new or old doesn't matter. You have to get it done. If someone catch you then problem will come otherwise no issues
Old 26th May 2009, 19:27   #41
BANNED

IBP Pump

In ernakulam IBP pump at edappally has got pollution testing facility.
Cheers
Dilip Kumar
Old 26th May 2009, 19:45   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
PUC is valid for 3 months only. So whether its new or old doesn't matter. You have to get it done. If someone catch you then problem will come otherwise no issues
1. PUC is valid for 6 months on 3.
2. New vehicles need not have PUC done for first year.
Old 26th May 2009, 19:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
1. PUC is valid for 6 months on 3.
2. New vehicles need not have PUC done for first year.
This is specific to Delhi, I am not sure about other states. PUC is valid only for 3 months here. Regarding first year I guess your are right its not required just got it checked. thanks

Pollution Control

Last edited by sam003 : 26th May 2009 at 20:06.
Old 26th May 2009, 19:54   #44
Team-BHP Support

Thanks amitk26

IOC pump right after Forum towards Koramangal (Dairy circle) has one, only issue he opens on alternate days or something
Old 27th May 2009, 17:07   #45
BHPian

Another location @Bangalore (South)

IOC and BP (not sure, may be HP) pump on Hosur Road, just after silkboard, does the PU check for diesel vehicles.

Both of them are on the right hand side of the road, if you are travelling towards Electronic city from Silk Board Junction. You have to take a 'U' turn at Bommanahalli junction and get into the service lane.

Another land mark, IOC is before Suraksha, the famed MASS, the other one after it.

Have tried the IOC one, he charged me 100 bucks. Not sure if this is the standard rate elsewhere. He said, Diesel = 100. I wish I had haggeld on the rates before he took the print out. I had gone there expecting it to be Rs 50 / 60.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks